PDA

View Full Version : Unrealized Dawn Comic

Arco
18-Aug-2007, 03:53 AM
When Dawn '04 came out, I was doing some work with a Comic Company in Washington and we tried to get the rights to do the comic. Well, we lost out to Steve Niles because of the popularity of 30 Days of Night, but I did write the first draft of Number one. Michael Messina read it, but he decided on Niles. He was nice about it, though.

My idea was a modern retelling with the same characters, rather than a straight adaptation. The 'Thor' character (from the original script), was going to figure big in it as the head of the biker army. I had it all planned out.

Instead of a tenement, Roger and Peter were going to meet at a Waco-type religious compound where the people were letting the zombies bite them so they could become 'Holy'. A reporter would be there and Fran and Stephen would be watching the huge battle live from the station.

Anyhow. It's a rough first draft, so If you wanna read it, keep that in mind. There was just no reason to to take it to the next level script-wise because we already lost out. Would have been fun, though.

http://www.geocities.com/dondyvonbinty@sbcglobal.net/dawn.doc

Arco!

Yojimbo
24-Aug-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey, just wanted to say that I read your draft and liked it. Nice to see someone's take on the backstories surrounding the characters. It is a shame that it did not get made, but maybe there's still hope! I wish that you had a fleshed out version with a full "season" completed, since now I want to hear the rest of your story, trip on your graphics, but will not be able too. What a shame!

fartpants
26-Aug-2007, 08:54 PM
i think you should finish it for us guys on the forum cos i want to know what happens...

Arco
27-Aug-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks a lot for reading it! Who knows what'll happen in the future, but as of now it remains in limbo. I'm working on other projects now, but like I said, who knows?

Arco