PDA

View Full Version : Hey, DJ, I saw your trailer for DEADLANDS...WAY COOL!

Mikey
07-Apr-2006, 02:10 AM
I must say, I was totally impressed with the preview, especially the cinematography. That was some professional looking stuff. Good job!

DjfunkmasterG
07-Apr-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks man...

I appreciate the feedback. I will tell my DP what you said about the cinematography. 98% of that trailer is him as DP.

I served as DP for three shots and that was it, The first crane shot (opening scene, the crane lowering itself to see inside the garage, and the driving through Baltimore.

I am so anxious to get this done, cause I know you guys are gonna love it, even if it has Running Zombies in it. Hell I am even delaying surgery on my foot just so I can finish it up faster.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.:D

Cykotic
07-Apr-2006, 01:53 PM
Hell I am even delaying surgery on my foot just so I can finish it up faster

Damn, that's commitment!

DjfunkmasterG
07-Apr-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah, and the fact is, once I have surgery I will be in a cast for 8 weeks, and on a cane for 6 months. So I won't be able to run, stand and do what I need to do in order to finish it.

Cykotic
07-Apr-2006, 02:33 PM
I've noticed in other films, that they sometimes have assisstant directors. Maybe someone on the cast or crew could double up as Assisstant until you are back on your feet?

LouCipherr
07-Apr-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, we could do that, but the problem is Dj is actually acting in the movie too, and his acting requires him to be on his feet. Plus, we're shooting for principal photography to be complete by the end of June, so....

(Basically, we need to push and get it all done before he can start whacking all of us with his cane! :lol:)

DjfunkmasterG
11-Apr-2006, 10:02 PM
Well, we could do that, but the problem is Dj is actually acting in the movie too, and his acting requires him to be on his feet. Plus, we're shooting for principal photography to be complete by the end of June, so....

(Basically, we need to push and get it all done before he can start whacking all of us with his cane! :lol:)

Are you calling me a whacker? :D or a wanker? :p

In all seriousness, I will be laid up for sometime once I have surgery so i would rather do all the running, jumping and zombie killing while I can still walk... I might be in pain, but can still walk. :D

BTW, new pics from our last shoot are now online

http://www.playingwithdeadthings.com/DEADLANDSCASTCREW.html

MinionZombie
12-Apr-2006, 10:40 AM
Jeebus, what did you do to your foot to get it so muffed up? And what are they gonna do that gets you cane-bound for 6 months? :eek: (If you don't mind my curiosity).

DjfunkmasterG
12-Apr-2006, 10:56 AM
I have torn my achillies(sp?) ligament. It starts out as Micro tears and become a condition called Plantars Faciitis. If it goes un-treated it can worsen. What happens is... when you get these Micro Tears at night while you sleep the tendon contracts and starts to stiffen. When you wake up in the morning your first steps are the most painful... Usually in your heels and the back of your ankle.

I started getting this last year when shooting on the street. I thought I just pulled a muscle and like any muscle pull it would clear up in a few weeks. Well a few months later it was getting worse and worse, even to the point that sitting at work at my PC and then getting up to walk to a meeting was painful. I started limping more then finally said screw it and went and had it looked at. Originally, the first doctor told me I had a small fracture in my heel, when that didn't clear up I went for a second opinion and Thats when I was diagnosed with Plantar Faciitis. Because this tendon was tearing and shrinking it was also giving me heel spurs.

After a few weeks and 2 cortozone shots in my heel the doctor did another X-ray and MRI and noticed the tear worsened and told me I need surgery ASAP. I said when the movie is finished I will get the surgery, but it has gotten so bad that if I don't get it done soon I could tear the tendon all the way and then I would be limping for the rest of my life. So the plan is to wear this brace during the week and when I sleep then get through this weekend of filming (04/14 and 04/15) then go have the surgery.

Because of the surgery I now have to write into the script myself getting injured so I can explain the limping I will be doing. We still haven't filmed on of our more action driven sequences yet and that sequence required me running from a house to my car through 30-50 zombies. We have yet to figure out how we will shoot that without either scrapping the scene completely or delaying filming until the spring of 2007. Because I want to finish this film this year I am trying to delay surgery until after the film is finished.

MinionZombie
12-Apr-2006, 04:26 PM
Bloody hell, well I hope it doesn't get any worse and get well soon. Certainly sounds painful. :eek:

DjfunkmasterG
12-Apr-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks...

I know it will be fine. I am looking forward to the fact that for 6 months I won't have to gown up to go into the clean rooms because I will be incapcitated.