PDA

View Full Version : Hell Of The Living Dead....

Keith B.
07-Apr-2006, 06:34 AM
A complete and total DAWN rip-off, with a SWAT team, ****ty ugly zombies, and Goblin's music score from DAWN grafted onto it (along with tracks from CONTAMINATION and BEYOND THE DARKNESS). But I really have to admit, this is one of my favorite zombie movies of all time.

Dialogue that doesn't match lip movements. Gore effects that look like they're from a middle-school play. Pointless close-up nudity. Characters that keep shooting the zombies in the chest after they've been told 5 thousand times to shoot for the head. Zombie extras that smile and giggle and look at the camera when they're supposed to be acting.

I first saw this back in 1986 at a drive-in on a double bill with DR. BUTCHER MD.....I was 12 at the time, and loved it so much that I couldn't wait to find it in the video store so I could copy it. Many years later, I was counting the days until Anchor Bay released it on DVD.

Who DOESN'T like "Hell Of The Living Dead"?

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2006, 09:45 AM
I've got a copy of the film...but haven't done anything more than skip through parts of it. But it's hardly surprising that the lip movements don't match the dialogue, it was filmed in the Italian language - that's how the Euro-zombie cycle went, at best they'd have some of the actors speaking English and others speaking Italian, or Spanish - and then only redub which lines they needed to.

a1150
07-Apr-2006, 11:35 AM
Is this the same film as "Zombie Creeping Flesh"?
Supposedly takes place in Papua New Guinea or somewhere similar, but has stock footage of elephants!
I must see this film!:D

MaximusIncredulous
07-Apr-2006, 12:45 PM
Sweet, another fan of this wonderful piece of dung. It's also one of my favorites and has been since I saw it back in '83.

Zombie-A-GoGo
07-Apr-2006, 01:35 PM
A lot of people hate this movie, but I think it's great. Here's a guy who is trying to remake it:

http://zombie-a-gogo.blogspot.com/2006/02/night-of-zombies-remake.html

axlish
07-Apr-2006, 02:01 PM
I must admit I am a fan of HellOTLD. I really like that one Contamination track they keep using. It is playing when they are on the beach. I like the goofy SWAT guy that looks like Dario Argento. You have to love a film that uses stock footage on a whim. Oh, and lets not forget those gripping scenes of the world falling apart :lol:

Mortis
07-Apr-2006, 04:24 PM
I really dig HotLD. Yes, it's cheesy as hell, but it's a great drinking flick.

glsjaw
07-Apr-2006, 11:20 PM
how old is this flick

falcon
08-Apr-2006, 01:27 AM
It dates from the late 70's/ early 80's. I think it was released under several different titles. I have a VHS copy of it titled Night of the Zombies and the Hell of the Living Dead DVD. I am not sure if it is also called Revenge of the Dead or if that is a separate flim of it's own.

MaximusIncredulous
08-Apr-2006, 02:43 AM
It was released in the US as Night of the Zombies in 1983.

Phildogger
08-Apr-2006, 04:04 AM
Revenge of the Dead is usually "Zeder"