PDA

View Full Version : The Dead Walk! Newspaper prop wanted...

MagicMoonMonkey
26-Aug-2007, 02:13 AM
Good evening, morning or afternoon, to you all scattered across the world.

I am looking for the Southern Globe newspaper prop from Day of the Dead.

I know this item is something that one would not part with easily, but if anyone has one that they would like to profit from, then please send me a PM with your price.

I know that Nicotero sells them at conventions, but alas, these conventions do not visit my little nation.

If someone intends on going to a convention attended by Mr Nicotero and his Newspapers, then please contact me with a view to having you pick one up for me. I will happily reimburse you for the item, the delivery and your time.

Thank you for your time and help.

Kind regards,

MMM (formerly known as Wildee on the old HPOTD boards)

livingdeadboy
26-Aug-2007, 03:20 AM
ah damn, I wish I would have known this, I was at the Festival of fear in toronto today at Nicoteros booth...I saw the papers I could have bought you one dammit.

Cody
26-Aug-2007, 03:40 AM
They are on ebay once a blue moon and ususally go for over 150$

How many of them were printed anyways? how does nicotero always have some still?

MagicMoonMonkey
27-Aug-2007, 02:09 AM
Livingdeadboy...

That kind of sums up my luck. Thanks anyway.

Cody...

I assume those priced at $150+ have been signed by Romero and others.
I am sure I read somewhere within the old forums that there is two versions of the paper. Both look the same, but the one supplied to extras has stories (as printed on the net) whereas the other has the headlines and the stories are just garbled key strokes to simulate text from a distance.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Aug-2007, 11:18 AM
Actually it is the other way around. The one given to extras has garbled text, the reprints are the ones with stories taken from the zombie survival guide.

MagicMoonMonkey
28-Aug-2007, 09:11 PM
DJ...

That is quite interesting in the sense that you would imagine that the newspaper given as payment (along with the dollar) would have been the one to contain the text proper.

I live and learn.

MagicMoonMonkey
05-Sep-2007, 07:09 PM
Yay Me!

spookydaz
09-Mar-2008, 08:56 PM
original Day of the Dead Newspaper on ebay Item number: 250221855268

proper one with the strange txt and a back page, Howard Neiman the sound editor on day of the dead is selling these.

3pidemiC
09-Mar-2008, 09:31 PM
Replicas are on ebay all the time.

Legion2213
10-Mar-2008, 12:58 AM
These are only a tenner on ebay, might pick one up and get it framed. :cool:

MagicMoonMonkey
10-Jun-2010, 10:03 PM
In 2007 I was looking for the 'Dead Walk' Newspaper and I eventually contacted Greg Nicotero who sent me the version he sells at the conventions.

I was pretty pleased with it, but now I am back in the hunt for the version given to extras with the front and back page, and garbled text.

Is anyone ready to part with their copy yet or know of someone ready to part with it for cold hard paypal?

Cheers.

acealive1
26-Sep-2010, 03:23 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/DAY-DEAD-NEWSPAPER-22-x14-MOVIE-PROP-ROMERO-/200403376601?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ea8f8d9d9

another auction......

AcesandEights
26-Sep-2010, 04:03 PM
What I don't understand is they claim "We have included a still frame from the movie so you can compare and see that it is EXACT!" But when you compare the column sizes and patterns they don't match up exactly.

Is this repro really exactingly detailed based on the original or just a loose mock-up?

acealive1
26-Sep-2010, 09:23 PM
LOL i guess its just schpiel to say when they wanna saell something. its obviously a copy with real wording instead of garbled stuff like in the film.

Yojimbo
24-Oct-2010, 07:26 PM
For those of you who have an original from the DAY set - did the original have garbled text or actual text? I am curious as to what those articles said, particularly the ones on the back side of the paper? Would appreciate any info regarding this, though I suspect the original had headlines only and nonsense text in the articles like ace mentioned.

Trancelikestate
24-Oct-2010, 08:58 PM
They sell the nicotero versions at time and space toys in monroeville mall for 20 bucks. I only glanced at it, but it does indeed have real articles. I remember seeing one that said "President still missing... Vice president declares defcon 4" or something like that.