PDA

View Full Version : Heh...some movie news I hadn't heard

Geophyrd
07-Apr-2006, 09:02 PM
The following comes courtesy of Dark Horizons, where Garth is busting his butt, busting out the stories. The ones that got me are the Near Dark remake (one of the best horror flicks EVAH) and Henry sequel. (maybe they'll find his girlfriend in that suitcase). AND confirmation about Carpenter's involvement.

Pretty slick, slick.

Masters of Horror Gossip: Horror Channel reports that Matt Venne, writer of the White Noise sequel as well as "Pelts", the episode Dario Argento will helm for the second "Masters of Horror" series, is on board to write the "Near Dark" remake. John McNaughton is talking to Michael Rooker about a possible "real" Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killler sequel. Finally, the world first synopsys of 'ProLife', the episode of "Masters of Horror 2" that John Carpeneter is directing is up at JCarp.[

Neil
07-Apr-2006, 09:06 PM
NEAR DARK remake?????? No way??!??!

On a side note, I wonder if James Cameron had any input into the original?

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2006, 10:33 PM
*geez* another bloomin' remake. "Near Dark" was awesome though ... and it's only what, 20 years old? It doesn't need a remake whatsoever...but that Hollywood thing is unstoppable...maybe they'll figure out they're wrong about everything sometime soon - South Park should do an episode on remakes, they managed to stop the 'new edition' of Raiders of the Lost Ark after all...

glsjaw
07-Apr-2006, 11:32 PM
Remakes,Remakes,Remakes at least this one i'll be interested in seeing