PDA

View Full Version : City of the Living Dead

Trioxin245
08-Apr-2006, 02:33 PM
This is the first Zombie flick by the godfather of gore Lucio Fulci, which I've bought. And It will arrive on Monday.

Althought I'm anxious to know what I'm going to expect from it. Could anyone give me any teasing details over the whole film? :D

Deadman_Deluxe
08-Apr-2006, 03:54 PM
It's a bit of a stinker :(

Plot Summary for
Paura nella cittą dei morti viventi (1980)

In the small one horse New England town of Dunwich, a child molesting priest commits suicide by hanging himself with his shoes in the church cemetary which somehow opens the gates of hell allowing the dead to rise. Peter Bell, a New York City reporter, (Christoper George) one of the first "out of the closet" openly gay actors from the US, teams up with a young psychic, named Mary Jane Rottencrotch, to travel to the town where they team up with another couple, psychiatrist Jerry (Giovanni Lombardo Radish) and his not so stable patient Sandra, to find a way to close the gates before Saint Patricks Day or the dead all over the world will rise up and eat the fingers of the living.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081318/plotsummary

Also Known As:
City of the Living Dead
Village of the Living Dead 4
Fear and loathing in the City of the Living Dead
Pater Ted (Europe) (bootleg title)
La Village de Corpse Mit Unt Strapon Falic
The Smell of Fear (Poland)
A Place where Men eat you
The Gates of Hell (USA)
Don't Open the Window Again
Twilight of the Dead

erisi236
08-Apr-2006, 04:00 PM
it has it's moments tho' I pop in in the DVD player every now and again :)

falcon
08-Apr-2006, 04:07 PM
I hope you don't expect much. It is typical of the Italian horror films, the plot makes no sense and the pace of the film is uneven. It is not among my favorite films of this type.

Tri0xin
08-Apr-2006, 04:07 PM
what more do you need? :)

Mortis
08-Apr-2006, 06:58 PM
It's a good flick and definitely worth owning.

joeharley666
08-Apr-2006, 11:28 PM
GAY?????

are you sure because he was married to that gorgeous lynda day until the day he died

Deadman_Deluxe
09-Apr-2006, 03:08 AM
GAY?????

are you sure because he was married to that gorgeous lynda day until the day he died

About as sure as i am regarding the AKAs ... La Village de Corpse Mit Unt Strapon Falic :lol:

Zombie-A-GoGo
09-Apr-2006, 04:06 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there is a maggot storm scene in this one, which obviously makes it worth the watch. The difference--IMO--between Fulci films that don't make sense, and other Italian horror films that don't make sense is that Fulci did two things: 1) he did his best to make it visually interesting, and 2) he loved to wow us with bizarro gore scenes. Just look at The Beyond.

Creepshow
09-Apr-2006, 04:53 AM
City of the Living Dead kicks ass, you'll enjoy it.

Guido
10-Apr-2006, 05:39 AM
yea, i enjoyed it. kinda cheesy sometimes, but it is worth owning. someone that doesn't like the genre would more than likely hate it, but i liked it.