PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Events for "Trapped"

LouCipherr
13-Sep-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, we're closing in on the first principal photography days for "Trapped" so I figured I would give you some updates on what's going on behind the scenes so-to-speak (and to pop my ugly face back in here on HPotD - it's been a while! :D)

During this particular project, my capacity of involvement has morphed a bit from what it was in Deadlands. Since Dj already has producers for the film and a crew that an indie filmmaker would kill for, I've decided to work on some other aspects of the film. This will broaden my horizons a bit, which is exciting for me because I get to dive into some areas i've never worked in before!

Here's a quick snapshot of what's going on...

This weekend, Dj, myself, the cast, crew, and a few extras are getting together at the Hagerstown 10 cinema for some pre-production preparation. Some of the extras are having makeup tests done on them (so a few zombies will be roaming around Hagerstown :elol:), and the cast is going to be doing a read-through of the script at the theater. Afterwards, the crew will be working with Dj planning out shots, setups, etc. I, however, am working on some other things for the film I think you guys might like to check out.

An official website for the film should be going live in the next few weeks if all goes right. DO NOT hold me to this - the website is going to have some wicked-cool content and it will be quite intricate, so it could take a bit longer that what we expect. We want to have the site live prior to starting principal photography, if at all possible, so as things progress we can provide lots of updates... and perhaps a bit more. Trust me, you patience will be rewarded. ;)

In addition to all that's going on this weekend at the H10, I will be doing on-screen interviews with Dj, the cast, and perhaps some others (depending on time restraints) to put on the website when it goes live. I will also be shooting TONS of behind the scenes (BTS) photos, video, and lots more. I want to try and make the website a bit more interactive than the usual fare as you'll see when the first videos come online with the site.

More on that later as it comes to fruitation.

As far as my involvement in Trapped - I will be doing the still photography (BTS and continuity shots), most if not all of the BTS video you will find on the website and DVD when released, being the "on-set bitch" for Dj when he needs stuff(:lol:), and of course, I will be collaborating with him to help score the film as we did with Deadlands.

Ahhh, the score. Let me take a second to talk about this because i'm totally stoked about it!

I found it very interesting during the reviews of Deadlands, almost across the board, even if the reviewer didn't care for the movie we were always praised for the score of the film. Well, I'm excited to say that if you enjoyed the score to Deadlands, you are in for one hell of a surprise when Trapped is completed. With the advancements Dj and I have made with our recording techniques, in addition to the new equipment and software we've added to our recording rigs, Trapped is going to be a aural experience like you've never heard before from us. MZ has heard a few snippets of what I've personally been working on, he can confirm that... I think. :lol: We have chosen to take a new direction with the music and score - basically because Trapped requires a different "feel". Yes, it'll still be creepy, but there are some surprises I don't think anyone will expect. Keep your ears peeled (ewwww :barf:). The majority of the scoring will be done when principal photography is complete since both of us like to edit to video moreso than write a song first and try to fit the video in around it, but I have been working on some pieces of music recently that are pretty incredible if I do modestly say so myself. Don't worry - there will be no thrash metal in the damn movie! :lol:

That's it for now. I will be back every so often to provide some updates along with Dj, so until then, just remember...

Getting out alive isn't as easy as it seems! :elol:

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2007, 01:17 PM
Cool news indeed, and nice to see your mush on the forum too, hehe. :cool::thumbsup:

I certainly am excited about the project, I can't wait to see it once it's done. :)