PDA

View Full Version : Trapped rehersal complete - first photo from the set available

LouCipherr
17-Sep-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, the rehearsals for Trapped are complete. Now we all impatiently await the first weekend of production coming up in two weeks. WOOHOO!

I managed to interview most - but not all - of the cast in one of the empty theatres for some 'behind the scenes' content for the website and possibly the DVD when complete. I ran out of time as I needed to get some specific photos done for the website and because I got booted from the theater I was filming in before I was 1/2 way done my interviews! :lol: I was there from 10pm 'till 2am, but I had to wait for one of the last showings to let out before I could raid one of the theaters to film these interviews - which wasn't until almost 11:30. Then, after about 3 interviews, I got kicked out of that theater and pushed into another one by the cleaning crew! This meant I had to break down my camera, lights, etc. and move, then set all that crap back up somewhere else. NOT fun, but I managed as well as I could. It just took up some of the interview time I needed. I'll live. :)

I will be doing more interviews and discussions with the cast/crew as principal photography commences. There will be lots of BTS content for this project, that's for sure. As Mr. Miagi would say, "soon, Daniel-San, soon..." ;)

Everyone seemed in great spirits and it seems we are all full-on ready for filming to start. I got to meet most of the cast in person for the first time, which was a great experience because the cast - 99% of which were not in Deadlands - were all very friendly and everyone seemed to get along great.

The owners/operators of the Hagerstown 10 Cinema continue to be very accomodating to the cast & crew. We managed to rape their soda machine pretty well (sorry!) but it's all good. They basically gave us the run of the building - basically letting us take over their entire business after closing time for filming. We can't express how much we appreciate their support and willingness to help us out. Not many business owners are willing to do this kinda thing (trust us, we know!), so an extra special "THANKS!" to the people at the Hagerstown 10! You guys rock! :D

Since I am the still photographer for Trapped, I took a TON of pictures this weekend - 205mb worth! I'm not going to post too many pics just yet (at least not until filming starts), however, I recently picked up Photoshop CS3 and wanted to show off one of my newly acquired skills to everyone here...

The picture below is a panoramic I created with Photoshop CS3. The picture is actually a collection of about 7-8 pictures I took of the front of the theater, merged together using P-CS3. The original file when complete was around 4mb, but I condensed it down a bit for viewing here. Just be forewarned it might take a minute or two to load, so be patient.

This is the place we're filming the bulk of "Trapped":

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/TRAPPED%20Photos/Theatre-Front-Night-Panorama.jpg

LC

axlish
17-Sep-2007, 05:37 PM
Long time no hear LC, good to see you back. The location looks great!

MinionZombie
17-Sep-2007, 05:37 PM
Awesome stuff, I look forward to reading up on all the news and seeing all the pics and BTS vids and so on. That's a kick ass panoramic shot too, all merged together really nicely. :)

LouCipherr
17-Sep-2007, 07:00 PM
Long time no hear LC, good to see you back. The location looks great!

Thanks Axlish, it's good to finally be back. lol... I sorta took a break from the internet and forums all together back in May to concentrate on other things. Kind of a long story, but I plan on sticking around again for as long as my sanity allows. :shifty: Besides, I can't let Dj have all the fun of doing updates on Trapped! :lol: :D

That's a kick ass panoramic shot too, all merged together really nicely. :)

MZ - thank Photoshop, not me. lol! I just snapped around 7-8 pictures with my camera on a tripod and used the new Photoshop CS3 "photomerge" script, which does a very good job of splicing together photos and making them "match" if you overlap your pics enough. Once you photomerge them, then ya just tweak it, crop it, and you're done. ;) I love me some photoshop and panoramic pics! :D

The "fish-eye" effect you see in the photo is actually intentional. In the photomerge settings, I picked "cylindrical" as to how I wanted it to piece the pictures together. There's other options in there, but I liked the cylindrical one the best. In that format, I could also wrap it in a cylinder and make it an animated quicktime VR picture (where it'll look like you're standing in the center and you can scroll left, right, up & down) but I think I just like panoramics as they stand like the pic above. Ya can't get that wide with any still photo camera lens on the market! :D

LC

DjfunkmasterG
19-Sep-2007, 12:03 PM
We are using those Pano shots for the official website. John (Ateball) just sent we the wirefram for the site and it looks good. I can't wait to see it up and working.

Fulcifan91
27-Sep-2007, 02:44 PM
Haven’t posted on her in a while, mostly been just lurking around on this forum and the filmmakers forum. Ill tell you though, TRAPPED looks like its going to be good. I’m serving as makeup artist for this as well, and can't wait to start shooting tomorrow. Ill post of good makeup pictures from the set when I have them. I did two test makeups this past week and I have pictures but I cant post them since I am in school and photobucket is blocked, ill re-post or just edit this post when I get home today with he basic straight makeup test and the bitten arm wound test.

MinionZombie
27-Sep-2007, 05:55 PM
Can't wait to start seeing pics hot off the set on this one, I truly am excited about this project. :)

Fulcifan91
27-Sep-2007, 06:42 PM
Here are a few pictures from the zombie arm bite test, and the straight makeup test.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/qwerty87/CIMG0202.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/qwerty87/CIMG0199.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/qwerty87/CIMG0169.jpg

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2007, 10:42 AM
*shudders* ewwwww...

I have to admit, that arm bite does look especially icky, makes my skin crawl, it just looks rank and painful - in other words - excellent job. :)

Also, the zombie make-up is good too, I hate seeing fresh zombies looking like a slab of stale pizza at the start of an outbreak *cough*Day-of-the-Remake*cough*.

Two thumbs fresh, Sir. :thumbsup: