PDA

View Full Version : Some More Updates on trapped and Deadlands 2

DjfunkmasterG
23-Sep-2007, 06:15 AM
Well I am 5 days away from Principal photography on the film and I am eager as always to get started. We did replace a cast member. Gavin Peretti had to leave the project in favor of a paid gig which i completely understand as this is his main bread and butter and he has to put food on his table. Joe Durbin of All Hallow's Eve is stepping into the role of Sean. Joe is very talented and I am glad he is a part of the production.

Everything else is flowing nice. Jim Krut (Helicopter Zombie) from Romero's Dawn of the Dead has joined the cast. Jim has an extensive back ground in theater, and Trapped will be a nice return to the zombie genre for him... although this time as a living character. Another funny thing is Jim will be filming his scenes almost 30 years to the day he appeared as a zombie in Romero's Dawn. So that is kind of a special occasion for not only him but the cast & crew as well.

Tonight on my way home from doing some digital projection work at the theater I will be filming at I was involved in a minor accident. An 18 wheeler hit a deer on 270s and as he hit him the carcus(sp?) flew into my drive path and I ran over it damaging the under body of my 07 mustang GT. The car had to be towed back to my house and will need to be put in the shop this week. Look like the deers body damaged the oil pan, transmission and exhaust. I am sure that is going to be a pretty penny to fix, so it's appearance in the film may not happen after all, but no biggie as the local hertz Rent A Car in Gaithersburg has a Mustang Gt I can rent for the film and I am determined to get a Mustang in all my films.

October 24th I will be in Little Rock Arkansas for the Full Moon Horror Convention. I was asked by the festival directors to direct some zombie sequences for a promo they want to air at the festival... I excitedly signed on and an eager to roll camera on some zombie mayhem in Little Rock.

Looks like Deadlands 2 is a go for Fall 2008... However it will not be a sequel as originally designed. The film will be called Deadlands, and elements of Deadlands: the Rising will be remade for the first 30 minutes of the film and the remaining 90-120 minutes will be the sequel script making Deadlands one giant zombie film all closed up in one neat little story. My agent is working out the final details and it looks like we could end up having a budget close to $15,000,000 USD if everything works out. I expect to get final word on this in the next few weeks.

Well, thats it for now.. I have a schedule to put together and need to hit the sack for the night.

Toodles.

Dj

MinionZombie
23-Sep-2007, 11:11 AM
Fifteen million?! :eek::eek:

Ooh I can't wait to start seeing more Trapped clips, pics and info. :)

Also - mega awesome that you got Jim Krut in there too, his zombie in Dawn was freaking awesome. :thumbsup::)

axlish
23-Sep-2007, 03:26 PM
I'd still like to play a raider, but damn, if you get 15 million, by all means, pay some fools ;)

DjfunkmasterG
23-Sep-2007, 05:22 PM
If everything goes fine it will be $15,000,000 for Deadlands. Trapped is still low budget $5K or less. Even thought Deadlands is really a low budget flick with flaws, it has gotten a lot of attention in the horror community and for most of early 2007 the script just floated between studios... New Line wanted it first, and they had it for a time, Lion's Gate, then Warner Brothers... It is actually at Weinstein right now... so my agent has been aggressively working to get it made.

The script was written to be done on a budget of $3,000,000, but could be done cheaper too, but the group interested in it now wants a known cast so my agent said how about $15,000,000. They seemed to be ok with that and asked me for a list of potential actors to fill the roles which I submitted on Friday. The nice part is the group is willing to let it be filmed in the states as opposed to one studio who wanted me to go overseas.

We expect to know what will happen in the next few weeks but if they approve it they want to start by the fall of 2008 to get it out in the fall of 2009.

The first 30 minutes would be a remake of D:TR with the remaining 90-120 minutes being the Deadlands 2 script. It seems the group will allow the film to run a max of 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes), but want to keep it as close to 2 hours as possible.

Like i said the next few weeks will tell what is going to happen, but this isn't the first time things looked good. I never brought it up before but this was almost green lit on a $10,000,000 budget in June 2007, but 28 Weeks Later, and Hostile 2 tanked and this was shelved because the studio felt horror was on its way out. With the big business RZ's Halloween has been doing the script re-surfaced, and I also assume the good reviews for Diary of the Dead have helped a bit as well... not too mention RE3 opening nice this friday with 10,000,000 will also help this along as well.

I will keep you all posted.

MinionZombie
24-Sep-2007, 10:27 AM
Holy Moly's undercrackers, DJ...I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, Sir. :):thumbsup:

DjfunkmasterG
24-Sep-2007, 04:47 PM
Thank you kind sir. :D

dmbfanintn
27-Sep-2007, 06:50 PM
I really hope this comes through for ya DJ!

Just dont forget the little guys here when you get all rich and famous. Dont go all QT on us!