PDA

View Full Version : Last NIGHT screening - Final Thoughts

livingdeadboy
23-Sep-2007, 05:21 PM
So this past Friday (21st) marked the final screening of Night '07. It was met with fairly positive reviews and good reactions (I always found it plays better on a big screen then it does a small screen). The opening scene of Run played before Night, this got much more of a positive reaction then Night. I think people who were not fond of Night will enjoy Run a hell of a lot more.

So I went through all the old posts on this forum, and kind of relived this whole remaking Night expierence. I walk away from it pretty satisfied I guess. As of this point after making Run, and the far superior Drawback, Night is not a personal fav of mine. But it still holds a special place in the heart I guess.

I think now I'll request this forum to be turned into a Run/Night forum. As the weeks go on I will be mosting more and more about Run, including trailers and all that fun stuff, I can't wait to see what people think of it.
When Run comes out on DVD I will probably end up double featuring it with Night, as I know there are a few people who wouldn't mind owning it.

So neways, I bid a fond farewell to Night!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/reesterfx/4.jpg

capncnut
24-Sep-2007, 03:19 PM
When Run comes out on DVD I will probably end up double featuring it with Night, as I know there are a few people who wouldn't mind owning it.
Indeed, I'm still awaiting my special copy. :rolleyes:

bassman
24-Sep-2007, 03:25 PM
Indeed, I'm still awaiting my special copy. :rolleyes:

What he said.:p

DjfunkmasterG
07-Nov-2007, 06:54 PM
I think Night 07 is a good indie low budget remake of the classic. The only problems I have with it our the news reports, since you established the TV wasn't working earlier in the film, and the fact it is not enhanced for 16:9. Although the film is widescreen it isn't true widescreen.

That is an issue that will need fixing to play on the big screen down here, which will be happening come the new year. You need to re-export the film as 16:9 Reese. The 4:3 WS version you sent me can't fit the screen properly with the digital cinema projectors at the theater.

Gary

Danny
09-Nov-2007, 11:43 PM
the only thing that bugged me in your night film was the conversation in the kitchen, i kept thinking "now i would have filmed it such a way" but thats just a little personal thing. it wasnt groundbreaking but i enjoyed it, i dont know what more a film maker can get than having people say that.

-so IS run a zombie movie or not?:rockbrow:

capncnut
10-Nov-2007, 09:39 PM
Run WAS a zombie movie, I'm afraid.

livingdeadboy
11-Nov-2007, 01:28 AM
the only thing that bugged me in your night film was the conversation in the kitchen, i kept thinking "now i would have filmed it such a way" but thats just a little personal thing. it wasnt groundbreaking but i enjoyed it, i dont know what more a film maker can get than having people say that.

-so IS run a zombie movie or not?:rockbrow:

Filming Night '07 seemed to be a whole series of "Now I wish I would have filmed it this way"

Run WAS a zombie movie, I'm afraid.

Ha, yeah...key word "WAS" lol

capncnut
11-Nov-2007, 03:49 AM
Yeah, after catching a good glimpse of Drawback, Run is nothing more than some dead sperm cells enveloped in old tissue at the bottom of my garbage can. :D

livingdeadboy
11-Nov-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, after catching a good glimpse of Drawback, Run is nothing more than some dead sperm cells enveloped in old tissue at the bottom of my garbage can. :D

Agreed, granted Run would've had some cool parts, I am getting ready to cut together a little featurette on Run, show people what it was all about.

capncnut
11-Nov-2007, 09:24 PM
Agreed, granted Run would've had some cool parts, I am getting ready to cut together a little featurette on Run, show people what it was all about.
I agree totally, Run seems better suited to being a short on the Night 07 DVD as it looks like you addressed some of the problems that you felt dogged Night 07.

But hey, Run was shaping up to be a nifty little zombie flick. I think it will definitely be worth anyones dollar to buy the dvd for the Run segment alone.