PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Zombies

Ozhair
10-Apr-2006, 03:01 AM
Hey guys,

Just found this forum, so I thought I'd start posting to introduce myself and my hope to shoot a low budget zombie flick here in Australia at the end of the year.

I've already shot a zombie short. You can see the details and some stills here:
http://caliburn.atspace.com/FinalWord.htm
No video yet, unless you want to download it for 99c from the Hungryflix site (link on the films web page) :)

If you want to see the pages on my other short films, go here:
http://caliburn.atspace.com/

Anyway, I'm currently gearing up for production of a low-budget zombie film. Unlike the Aussie film "Undead", this one will be more "Dawn of the Dead" than "Shaun of the Dead". In the scripting stage at the moment, and trying to figure out where the money's gonna come from. Like most others here, I figure the budget's going to run to about $10,000.

Luckily, I've been working in the TV industry for more than 15 years, so I can call in some favours for crew and some of the gear, which will help save some money.

Been looking at some of the work of other posters here. There's some great looking stuff. Like others, I'll be ordering some DVDs when they become available :)

So, hopefully I'll be back here soon-ish with more news as things progress :cool:

Cheers
Pat

Mike
10-Apr-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey Mate,

Where abouts in Australia you from?

I am just starting out in the film industry myself (I am producing a short film to be shot in June)

I would love to help out in any capacity.

Mike.

Cereval
10-Apr-2006, 03:06 PM
Sounds awesome - use this forum to keep us posted on your progress. Is there any way to watch "Final Word" online without having to buy it for PSP or iPod? Youtube? Download?

erisi236
11-Apr-2006, 05:47 PM
nice screenshots there, and it sounds like a cool premise *thumbs up* :cool:

Danny
19-Apr-2006, 04:11 PM
i liked undead though, especially the auusie cops "in my day we respected our parents, we didnt fackin' eat em'!", awesome.