PDA

View Full Version : Demons!

Sir James Forbes
10-Apr-2006, 11:59 AM
I was wondering whether it would be apt to give these great movies a mention here or not? Yes, I know they're not zombies but they are of a similar theme (i.e. infected becomes the aggressor and gives chase).

I like both Demons and Demons 2. I didn't care for Demons 3 at all (which, if I remember correctly was called "The Ogre" and had nothing to do with the previous movies). I don't believe there is a Demons 4?

Just thought they might be worth mentioning, as they are two of my favourites and succeed on both the gore and atmosphere fronts.

Anybody else?

Deadman_Deluxe
10-Apr-2006, 02:36 PM
I think the "demons" actually have more in common with the alleged "zombies" in the Dawn of the Dead remake, and also the "infected" in 28 days later, which as we all know is NOT technically a "zombie" movie anyways.

No one has mentioned Demons/Demons 2 here for years, most likely because they do not see the connection, but that is pretty much what i was talking about in 2004 when i said that giving the remake zombies new strengths was nothing more than a "needless bluring of traditional character traits".

Cereval
10-Apr-2006, 03:01 PM
Demons and Demons II used the zombie theme of being trapped, barricading, and the acocalypse. I've definitely always seen the connection and have loved these movies for quite some time now. The last sequences of the first Demons is, IMO, a blatant homage to Romero in its "end of the world" scope.

I haven't seen beyond 2 though, didn't even know any existed. Sounds like I should be glad I haven't seen the others ...

erisi236
10-Apr-2006, 03:52 PM
I like 1 and 2, the old school metal sound track in 1 is a big plus :cool:

Deadman_Deluxe
10-Apr-2006, 04:48 PM
I haven't seen beyond 2 though, didn't even know any existed. Sounds like I should be glad I haven't seen the others ...

Dont bother with "Demons 3 : The Ogre" ... it is just a rip off using the title name and bears no real association to the originals. Sounds familiar right? ;)

HLS
11-Apr-2006, 02:00 PM
Demons make for good movies!