PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Scenes video - Trapped - Days 1&2

LouCipherr
08-Oct-2007, 07:57 PM
liufRNVKw_o

Some stuff I put together from the first weekend. ;)

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2007, 11:34 AM
Ah sweetness, YouTubey goodness.

I love filming behind the scenes stuff, just sneaking around shooting bits and pieces ... I could get all film studenty and start tossing around words like "verite" and "flaneur", but I'll refrain and just say, awesome video dude and I look forward to seeing more BTS stuff from Trapped. :cool::thumbsup::)

LouCipherr
09-Oct-2007, 12:27 PM
I could get all film studenty and start tossing around words like "verite" and "flaneur"

:lol:

I have some really good footage from this past weekend too, and in about a week i'll post another BTS video. I just need to get some time to edit it. I'll post some more pics from the set too as soon as I get 'em off my memory card.

Things are going very well. This film is looking miles above Deadlands already from the dailies i've been seeing, so get ready for some gory fun next year. :elol:

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2007, 12:50 PM
And I have to say, I popped a few boners with all those shots of DVX's sitting around and getting used, oh lush-o! :)

And that steadicam type rig thing that bloke had on with the camera - noiiice. I'd get one, but I can't afford that, the prices of such things in this country are outrageous. :)

God I love my DVX...

DjfunkmasterG
09-Oct-2007, 01:44 PM
We decided no more steadi-cam. Trapped is now going to be 100% hand held the rest of the shoot. We have a couple of stick shots and one steadi-cam, but The rest is hand held.

LouCipherr
09-Oct-2007, 04:47 PM
I agree. Stedicams are pretty kick ass, but are not what's needed for this film in particular. A more 'frantic' feel is needed, and handheld provides that feel perfectly.

Not to mention the camera guys on our crew are just outstanding so I'm sure it'll turn out kick ass. :D

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2007, 05:41 PM
Aye, like you said, if steadicam ain't right for the project, then go with what feels right - hand-held certainly is much quicker, it has more vibrancy and immediacy.

When I've been out shooting I've always preferred to go hand held when possible (sometimes you have to go to the tripod of course), but the immediacy of hand held is just ace.