PDA

View Full Version : Psp Bbq

p2501
10-Apr-2006, 03:29 PM
So i done scored a PSP, and yeah, holy **** it's awesome.

More awesome than i thought it would be. Frankly the screen alone is worth the $200. but it's UMD playback and web browsing are frickin brilliant.

anyways the point of this all, is what games should i grab. thus far i have SOCOM (not that great) Coded arms, and X-men rise of Apoc..... . and they're all pretty good (coded arms is supprisingly great). i'm going to grab GTA, king kong, and Siphon filter within the next couple of weeks. but other than that i'm open to suggestions.

axlish
10-Apr-2006, 04:01 PM
Grab some of those UMD movies ASAP, they are going OOP soon.

CoinReturn
10-Apr-2006, 04:11 PM
You shoulda got a DS!! ;)

Anyway, as far as games go, the must haves IMO are as follows:
Lumines
Daxter
Syphon Filter
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (a remake of Mega Man X for SNES)
Wipeout Pure

bassman
10-Apr-2006, 04:24 PM
Grab some of those UMD movies ASAP, they are going OOP soon.

I can see why they're going out. I never could understand why someone would want to watch a movie in their hand and on a two inch screen. Might as well buy some DVDs, one of those cheap-o thirty dollar DVD players at walmart, and watch it on a normal tv screen.

p2501
10-Apr-2006, 06:31 PM
okey doke.

i have 28 days later, and i'm going to grab a smattering of umd's here and there. i think if the price points drop, i'll stock up on more stuff, but mostly i was just going to throw the money i'd spend on UMDs over to buying more Pro Duo cards and just load movies in that way. it'll be a better expendature in the long run.

thanks for the reccomendations Coin. i'll check them out. Wipe out is on my list to grab just after siphon filter. i'm actually going to grab my fiancee a DS lite, more than likely for xmas.

KingStoph
10-Apr-2006, 06:57 PM
Wipeout Pure!? :dead: Dont bother dude's wait till the DS Version on F-Zero comes out, its gonna OWN!!! plus F-Zero is Thousand times better than wipeout! ANYDAY :D

if you havent ever played F-Zero GX then you truly cant be a fan of light speed racing games :p

p2501
10-Apr-2006, 08:05 PM
ppfft please. i've been playing F-zero since S-nes, so don't talk smack in my house.

wipeout pure looks pretty damn good, and while i've yet to play i'm sure it will not disappoint.

Ds i dunno, i just can't get over the whole stylus thing.

Danny
10-Apr-2006, 09:41 PM
ive played on my brothers and my freinds wipeouts awesome but it chews up TUHG 2 and spits it out rertarded, i dont think the controls are based well without analogues. still great sound and graphics compared to the ds.

that said theres squat about UMD'S luring me in and i honestly think there gonna go the same way as every other sony format, but hho honestly bought a psp for movies when a portable dvd player costs 50 quid?.

p2501
11-Apr-2006, 12:53 PM
agreed

KingStoph
11-Apr-2006, 05:49 PM

What!? Try and use one in store, its Briliant! its so damn usfull its untrue! you have to play it man its GREAT!! and as for the PSP Chewing up THAW and ****ing it out retarded, the DS has a diffrent version Tony Hawk American SK8land and its just AMAZING!!! playing WIFI against the work ROCKS and i own EVERYONE i ever come across! im totaly unbeatable! NOBODY can beat me.. FACT!!!

Wow im big Headed! but its true! i havent played in a while coz i know ill win, i need some good oponents!

erisi236
11-Apr-2006, 07:55 PM
boy, I haven't played a handheld since the first GameBoy :shifty:

Danny
11-Apr-2006, 10:47 PM
ah my gb origional how i loved that console, but loathed how i dropped it so often, it was so freakin heavy for a handheld, to many batterys and crap for such a small screen.

p2501
12-Apr-2006, 02:39 PM
i'll check out the DS then, at some point.

OG Gameboy, god i remember that. i've lost weeks just to playing old school tetris on that dammed thing.

Danny
13-Apr-2006, 11:59 AM
for me it was tetris blast,lol.

and that damn pokemon game, so many hours lost...

DeadJonas190
16-Apr-2006, 03:24 AM

The stylus adds so much to a lot of the games, for instance, in Trauma Center you can actually do surgery on people with it (there is a lot to that game if you can find it, I hear it's amazing). The stylus aside, the DS just has better games than the PSP and costs $120 less. It seems that most of the PSP games are just remakes of older games and I don't like the idea of spending $5-10 more than a dvd to watch their featureless UMD movies on a 2 inch screen. It's fun to play the PSP, but unless they get their act together it won't be around for long, the sales figures prove it, the PSP sold only 3 million units last year and the DS sold 13 million plus had some of the best selling games with Nintendogs and Animal Crossing: Wild World.

Trust me about the DS, if you get one you will love it as much or more than your PSP... plus the battery life is much better and it charges faster....

dogma789
16-Apr-2006, 04:27 PM
Post deleted.

slickwilly13
24-Apr-2006, 07:39 PM
Has a PSP and a DS.

PSP games
1. Dynasty Warriors
2. Lumines
3. Generation of Chaos
4. Capcom Collections Remix

DS games
1. Mario Kart DS from the Mario Kart/DS bundle pak
2. Advanced Wars DS
3. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

I'm impressed with both handhelds so far.