PDA

View Full Version : life span?

rikimaru
11-Apr-2006, 05:24 AM
i got a question.

Im not as much of an expert on GAR's zombies. (i actually first got into them when RE1 came out. huge huge movie hating fan of that series.)

1. do they continue to rot after initial death?

2. if so doesnt that mean since they cant reproduce without humans to infect if all humans where turned they would eventually all rot into mush and the earth would be desolate and no longer human inhabited whatsoever(counting zombies as a form of humans for that example.)

3. also couldent then humans in theory retake the earth if only one community survived and "outlived" the zombies outside the barred citys?
Let them rot into mush and no one else gets infected cause they hide in the city.

Just some thoughts. Like i mentioned the only zombies id consider myself an expert on are resident evil zombies though similar are not exactly the same. (since they dont have to die to become a zombie for example.)

Mr_Shadow
11-Apr-2006, 06:53 AM
yeah they rot, but depends what climate they're in, zombie in colder areas of the world would last longer, one might freeze then thaw years later and still be fresh. While in hotter areas they would decompose more quickly.

In GAR's universe, ALL dead come back to life, meaning if any human dies they will rise as the undead. Even if they die naturally. So the people that are hidden aren't ever really safe. So the only outcome would be total extinction of humans unless someone can find out exactly why the dead are returning to life.

Danny
11-Apr-2006, 11:26 AM
well heres a crash course on resi zombies

origionally the three founders of umbrella created the progenitor virus ,but one of the scientists ,who i cant remember his name, fused it with leech DNA to create the t-virus, as seen in resi zero.

when infected via water, air or scratch, the t-virus spreads throughout the body at a rapid rate causing celular degeneration of the body, and of course the mind as well rendering them as rotting zombies. they need more protien to replace the ones being devoured by there cells, see the t-virus makes each cell destory the other in a bid to survive and gain replacement genetic material, like a decomposition effect.

but 10 people in america and other places never specified have a particular gene which, when combined with the t virus causes them to mutate into the tyrants, the BOW'S (bio organic weapons ) of the umbrella corporration.

meanwhile the man who constructed the spencer mansion has been killed and so as his wife his daughter, lisa trevor was injected with as many strains of the t-virus they had but she survived, she became savage, tearing the faces off scientists and wearing them like masks, they kept her there for 40 yaers torturing her and testing virus upon virus on her but still she lived.

then william birkin and albert wesker arrived at the spencer mansion now under umbrellas pay roll, and they perfected the t-virus to what infects the mansion in resi 1 ,then a rumor goes around about a discovery in umbrellas french branch about the "nemesis program" a type of parastie which latches onto a living creature and amps its adrenalin, muscles and anger levels through the roof, but the stress' the bodys undergo is too much and with only 4 nemesis parasites left the project will be shut down, however ne of these will be combined succssfully to become the nemesis of resident evil 3.
1 of the 3 remainiing parasites is stolen by birkin and given to lisa trevor who he thought had some sort of bizzaare unkown genome , she didnt just fuse with the parastie, she absorbed it completely, she won over it but on inspection her body had minutley mutated causing her t-virus cells to mutated and this would lead william birking to the g-virus and the events of resi 2.

when the g-virus was based on virus's like ebola, it infects a host they never stop mutating they continue to warp and change to better compete against predators, ni this case leon kennedy when umbrella discovers birkins virus they go to take it but william ,who gets shot, injects himself with it and accidently releases the t-virus into the sewers, the g -virus allows him to implant larvae of g-virus creatures in other people and spread the virus that way, the larvae quickly matures and begins the same mission as its parent to infect adn destroy, but of course raccon is destroyed in resident evil 3 so no g-virus has escaped. at least that what the games say....

and during the events of dead aim another umbrella scientist mutates the virus again becoming a new type of "femimine" tyrant, but he is destroyed and with him the offshoot strain, so far only the t virus remains the dominant one.

duriong code veronica we discover that alexia ashford has tested the virus herslef and changed it she created the t-veronica virus, hoever upon immediate infection, as tested on here father it causes random muation and mental degeneration. the virus needs 10 to 15 years incubation time to completely become one with the host, so she injects herslef with ti and freezes herslef, when she comes out she has almost supernatural powers but chris redfeild from resi 1 and his sister claire from resi 2 destroys her and once again the off shoot that appeared.

during all this another nemesis parasite has been used but destroyed, leaving on left which has gone missing under unkown circumstances.

finally we have the events of resi 4 in which leon kennedy fights town people known as gonados infected with an ancient parasitic life form called las plagas, which some speculate exists in other ares as this was the basis for the nemesis program. they take over the brains of the host and eventually cause mutation though not as severe and abstract as the g-virus her it makes giants and invisible insects, thing s theat look symmetricle and complete comared to the g-virus' random creations.

the plagas are destroyed but an agent working for a rival umbrella company (i think) has stolen one of the plagas parasites, your up to today in the game world.

heres one thing people have theoized though, a plagas was stolen, as was a nemesis parasite, do these have inportant parts to play in the fast zombies of resi 5?, who knows...:evil:

well there are the rules of the resi zombie world, well actually its more of a history of the virus' but other people can post the rules of other zombie "universes".

erisi236
11-Apr-2006, 02:21 PM
^^^^

and people always bitch about how far fetched the RE movies are :lol:

Guido
11-Apr-2006, 03:23 PM
i always enjoyed the RE games, ever since i was a kid...mainly b/c they picked a cause for the zombie outbreak and did a fairly good job with it.

I saw Night and Dawn before i played RE (when i was a young teen, hadn't seen Day yet though) and thought the movies ruled. I was stumped, however, about what caused the dead to rise. Nuclear something? space radiation something? military weapon something? supernatural something? even though there was no clear explanation, the movies still ruled.

RE, on the other hand, created their own universe. biological weapons experiment by a huge, monopolistic company--gone terribly wrong. RE1 and 2 did a great job making the t-virus theory realistic, only borrowing the basic rules from GAR-shoot them in the head and one bite and you're infected.

As far as the point of this post goes, it would depend upon the climate and how fast. it also depends upon what rules you're playing by. If it's the unknown GAR rules concerning nobody knows what causes ANY dead person to rise, then decomposition doesn't matter, almost everyone will eventually become a zombie.
if it's RE type rules and only infected people are zombies, then they eventually would deteriorate.

In 28 days later (don't read if you haven't seen it yet), the zombies do start to fall apart and become useless after...hmm, i think it was like a month or 2.

i'm probably forgetting a bunch and i'm not as knowledgable as some around here, but that's my thoughts.

Deadman_Deluxe
11-Apr-2006, 04:25 PM
In 28 days later (don't read if you haven't seen it yet), the zombies do start to fall apart and become useless after...hmm, i think it was like a month or 2.

Shame on you !!!!

Tullaryx
11-Apr-2006, 04:41 PM
I actually enjoy the fact that GAR's zombie universe never answered the question of why the recently dead came back to life. As civilized and advanced a society humanity's become, a crisis like the dead returning to life to attack the living would tax even the most secured and well-equipped research facility in the world. Factor in in-fighting within the science community about theories on the why the phenomena was occurring and you have another roadblock to finding the answer. An example of this could be seen in Day of the Dead. Logan and Sarah had differing views on what the scientists' jobs were during the crisis. I have no idea what Fisher's role in the film was, but I'm sure he had his own take on everything as a scientist.

Another factor would be fringe religious groups seeing the event as God's punishment and then taking it out on science and its supporters. Religion and science have always been two diametrically opposed train of thought. Such an apocalyptic crisis would just make this rivalry turn violent real quick.

erisi236
11-Apr-2006, 05:07 PM
"life span" is a kindda funny term for a zombie subject too if you think about it :D

Deadman_Deluxe
11-Apr-2006, 07:09 PM
"life span" is a kindda funny term for a zombie subject too if you think about it :D

Try "afterlife span"? ;)

MikePizzoff
11-Apr-2006, 08:18 PM
3. also couldent then humans in theory retake the earth if only one community survived and "outlived" the zombies outside the barred citys?
Let them rot into mush and no one else gets infected cause they hide in the city.

Like communism, that idea is only good in theory. You know it wouldn't work for very long.

Track1033
11-Apr-2006, 09:36 PM
your theory is just like the "infected" from 28days later...I think the "after life span" would be really hard to calculate because people would be always be dying in a zombie plague for zombie and non-zombie related reasons...in the GAR universe you don't have to be bitten to return it just speeds up the process so you would have differen't stage zombies at any given time...unless...the remaing humans were very careful to destroy their dead...then there would always be zombies untill the last human dies...

rikimaru
11-Apr-2006, 11:46 PM
so in theory these things would be possible the most likely being human extintiction. The "outliving" theory would only work if it was exicuted perfectly ,which would never happen.

possible but not probable then.

and technicly living dead are still considered living i would guess so they would have a lifespan. Nonethe less it is a funny topic name.

as for the resident evil stuff ... i know all that... i grew up playing those games... i even bought gun survivor and gaiden. I am a very picky fan though i believe a remake of RE1 was not needed and that the movies should have been at least related to the game. Just my 2 cents and not really the topic.

:edit: also in reply to you track in the small enclaves humans would undoubtably survive in populations would be small but i figure it would depend not only on destroying any of your people whom die of natural causes correctly but also the reproduction rate of humans to zombies. to outlive they would need strict rules about destroying dead in the city then they would have to reproduce too keep the population from dropping so low it cant recover.

far fetched idea i know but at least its somthing to talk about.

so back on track....

in theroy also say that the zombies get smart which is sorta whats slowly happening they still would never be able to rebuild because they would eventually run out of people to infect and eventualy it would get down to just the last few wandering the earth until they finally rotted into mud... pretty sucky way to go.

Guido
12-Apr-2006, 02:30 AM
your theory is just like the "infected" from 28days later...I think the "after life span" would be really hard to calculate because people would be always be dying in a zombie plague for zombie and non-zombie related reasons...in the GAR universe you don't have to be bitten to return it just speeds up the process so you would have differen't stage zombies at any given time...unless...the remaing humans were very careful to destroy their dead...then there would always be zombies untill the last human dies...

Deadman Deluxe didn't say that, i did. Although, like Deadman D DID say, that's 28 days later. how much should we buy into that movie (i guess soon to be series since there's a sequel coming, eh?)? I'm sure deadman could've put it better than i did, though.

Philly_SWAT
12-Apr-2006, 03:36 AM
You pretty much have the right idea. What you say is on the money. Someone else said:

In GAR's universe, ALL dead come back to life, meaning if any human dies they will rise as the undead. Even if they die naturally. So the people that are hidden aren't ever really safe.
That is also true, but all you would have to do would be depose of the dead properly "without emotion". You couldnt have them lay in state for a funeral, you would have to destroy the brain right afer death to keep them from coming back, therefore once they would be dead, they wouldnt come back. Which wouldnt be drastically different than what we do now.

Guido
13-Apr-2006, 01:35 AM
i don't know about you, but every day, every night would be a risk. especially if you have elderly around, you never know when they may croak and get up and gum you to death.

Danny
13-Apr-2006, 12:18 PM
look if you accept that the evil dead is a zombie film, then you gotta accept 28 days later.

actually now i think about it, asid efomr shaun and 28 days later ARE there any other british zombie flicks?.