PDA

View Full Version : 25 Signs you're getting older...

DjfunkmasterG
11-Apr-2006, 10:40 AM
25 SIGNS YOU'RE GETTING OLDER.

1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't
smoke any of them.
2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the
question.
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go
to bed.
5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.
6. You watch the Weather Channel.
7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of
"hook up" and "breakup."
8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as
"dressed up."
10. You're the one calling the police because
those %&@# kids next
door won't turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex
jokes around you.
12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes
anymore.
13. Your car insurance goes down and your car
payments go up.
14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of
McDonald's leftovers.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You take naps.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead
of the beginning of
one.
18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM
would severely upset,
rather than settle, your stomach.
19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and
antacid, not condoms
and pregnancy tests.
20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty
good ****."
21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast
time.
22. "I just can't drink the way I used to"
replaces "I'm never going
to drink that much again."
23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a
computer is for real work.
24. You drink at home to save money before going
to a bar.
25. When you find out your friend is pregnant
you congratulate them
instead of asking "Oh **** what the hell happened?"
Bonus:
26: You read this entire list looking
desperately for one sign that
doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your
sorry old ass

Cykotic
11-Apr-2006, 10:43 AM
Oh.... ****....

I'm only 22 yet I already feel old!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DjfunkmasterG
11-Apr-2006, 10:50 AM
I am 35... This summer. When i read that I kept looking at the screen going... "Yep, OMG, HELL YES".

:D

Danny
11-Apr-2006, 11:43 AM
mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!, im only 18 and none of those apply to me you old farts,lol.

i:

1:get up early but stay up for 2 days, almost everyday
2:dont drink coffe or beer... or smoke but thats just cus i dont like it, so dont think im a goody two shoes.
3:4 words. 30.hour.videogames.marathons.... without bathroom brakes, yes i can hold my bladder hat long still.
4:i go to college two days a week and cant find a decent job for the rest of the week.... damn im lazy.
5: plus i film movies, mostly cky style crap but its damn entertaining.
6:pharmacists?
7:and hers one to taugnt some of you, portly though i may be i can touch my toes with ease.
8:if a kids causing trouble near me i run out the door screaming like an extra from the opeing of the temple of doom and there gone in a flash.

that all sia di have a mild addiction to dr. pepper.lol.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Apr-2006, 11:44 AM
Trust me Hellsing...

That will all change in about 12 years. :D

MinionZombie
11-Apr-2006, 12:00 PM
30 HOURS?!?! You freak!!! lol

I'm almost 22 and I got up 3 times the other night to take a ****! I can't touch my toes without bending my knees - but I am insanely out-of-shape (I don't mean a great bit Jabba The Hut shape wise, I'm talking activity wise). I've started having just a beer or two when hanging out with friends - not long ago we drank to get drunk ... now I find myself saying "better not, I'm driving".

Several times I have said "those damn kids!", I complain about people who speed, I really need 8 hours of sleep (at least) and I've found I can't eat certain things anymore without reacting adversely (e.g. fizzy drinks - they make my tongue and throat hurt nowadays!).

*sigh*

And only at 21 ... it's a damn shame ... the only upside is that it'll happen to you too, muahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa! :elol:

Cykotic
11-Apr-2006, 12:03 PM
im only 18 and none of those apply to me you old farts

HEY

Not so much of the Old you young whippersnapper!!

P.S: 30 hour game sessions are very normal for me!

erisi236
11-Apr-2006, 02:16 PM
25 SIGNS YOU'RE GETTING OLDER.

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go
to bed.

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as
"dressed up."

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car
payments go up.

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast
time.

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a
computer is for real work.

24. You drink at home to save money before going
to a bar.

I'm 30, and the above are true about me :D

tho' I also get up really early on Saturdays so I can watch Kim Possible, so I'm all messed up :lol:

mista_mo
11-Apr-2006, 02:26 PM
it's great..i'm only 17..you nasty old basturds!!! Oh, and I can touch my wrists to the floor without bending my legs..oh yea..i'm a badass...and I can do handstand push-ups. Old people smell like cabbage

deadwrtr
11-Apr-2006, 03:57 PM
it's great..i'm only 17..you nasty old basturds!!! Oh, and I can touch my wrists to the floor without bending my legs..oh yea..i'm a badass...and I can do handstand push-ups. Old people smell like cabbage

Wow! Great points! Let's run down the advantages of being 17:

1) You can't vote.
2) You can't drink legally.
3) No one takes anything you say seriously.
4) Full time job with benefits means cleaning your room and being listed in the rider on your parents insurance.
5) Decent haircuts are optional (not so bad, in retrospect)
6) You can't buy cigarettes legally.
7) Bars won't let you in... legally.
8) Baths are optional
9) Everyone gives you advice on how to live your life, yet you don't listen to any of it because you're a rebel, and know better.

And my personal favorite:

10) Touching your wrists to the floor is an excellent skill to have when the world f***'s you in the ass the rest of your life.

But all of this is in good fun... from a guy who smells like cabbage.

:elol: :elol: :clown:

mista_mo
11-Apr-2006, 04:26 PM
hahahahaha lol. the point is I'm flexible..not in my sexuality though. don't worry i'm not offended, you actually made me laugh bud.

I can vote in less then a month (18 may 4th yeaaaaaaaaaa) and right now, there is really no party that fulfulls all of my political wants and needs (not like that'll ever happen)
I don't wanna drink right now...I used to and it was part of the reason why I was so messed up
thats partly true, even though as shocking as it may sound, I do have the occasional smart thing to say and can be serious and solem when I need to be
I'm joing the military so yea..I don't really have any idea how to say anything about that but you know
heh, the only haircuts I get are short...hate long hair..look like a friggin'...frig.
don't wanna smoke...I quit a few years ago, and it was during a time when I was messed up big time
again, don't care too much to goto bars (right now anyway)
baths are indeed optional, but I shower everyday usually
heh hells yea I know what you mean with that one. Even tho. I'm kinda starting to listen to the advice right now..God..get alot of that stuff, and I don't know better. no wordly experience.
and I really like this one...I'll try not to bend over far enough to let the world ass ram me...and don't worry bout smelling like cabbage..it's all good..it's better then s**t my good man :D

Tullaryx
11-Apr-2006, 04:46 PM
I feel so old....:(

Danny
11-Apr-2006, 05:03 PM
dude at 32 your only 8 years younger than my mom,lol.

feel old now pops?:lol:

MinionZombie
11-Apr-2006, 06:19 PM
You get up early on a SATURDAY...for cartoons...use a VCR you crazy kamikazee ... it's like a law that you've gotta sleep in on a weekend! :eek:

As for that 'drink before you go out' thing, I was already doing that at Uni ... sometimes I'd never make it to the "out" part of the evening, lol. As a student it's cheaper and nicer to get pished before you go out ... to get properly pished.

(Pish is a term, I'm not evading the thingymajig, it's at least a term in Scotland anyway.)

*ahem*

Yeh, I remember one time at Uni we were going to go to the LCR (the place on campus where they do gigs, events and parties etc) - they were doing one of those theme nights - the 1990s I think it was (we'd already had the "Pimps 'n' Hoes 'n' Tarts 'n' Vicars" night) ... anyway the spirits were a-flowing-freely and then I crossed my barrier - falling off my chair - after that point I'm a lost cause, and sure enough it was all downhill from there ... I certainly didn't really remember being office-chair-wheeled to a round of flaming sambukas.

The morning after (after heaving into a classy yellow washing bowl the night before) was the first time I'd lost a good portion of my memory of the previous night's exploits. I'd say then - when I was almost 19 - I could only remember about 50% of the night before. Other times beforehand I'd have quite a good recollection...not anymore...another sign of getting old...you forget more and more the morning after.

Last time I got properly pished up (on a boatload Budweiser) I could barely remember a thing about the night before...'thankfully' there were photos/videos of what I'd been up to ... lol.

Tullaryx
11-Apr-2006, 06:20 PM
Well, not really if you're mom looked like Demi Moore, Elle MacPherson, Diane Lane, or Heather Locklear. :D

DjfunkmasterG
11-Apr-2006, 10:07 PM
I second that,

Does she look like any of the women listed above? :D

MikePizzoff
11-Apr-2006, 10:12 PM
Ah crap. Three of those apply to me.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Apr-2006, 10:14 PM
Ah crap. Three of those apply to me.

Hey 3 of 25, well erm 26 ain't bad. That means 88.5% of you is not getting old.

Danny
15-Apr-2006, 10:41 PM
Well, not really if you're mom looked like Demi Moore, Elle MacPherson, Diane Lane, or Heather Locklear. :D

...who?,:lol:

MKULTRA1138
16-Apr-2006, 12:14 AM
Heres another sign you're getting old:Going to a concert ,watching the kids slam dancing, and saying to yourself "God damn" those kids are crazy! That scenario happened to me last November when I saw Bad Religion in concert.

Danny
09-May-2006, 08:37 AM
mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!, im only 18 and none of those apply to me you old farts,lol.

i:

1:get up early but stay up for 2 days, almost everyday
2:dont drink coffe or beer... or smoke but thats just cus i dont like it, so dont think im a goody two shoes.
3:4 words. 30.hour.videogames.marathons.... without bathroom brakes, yes i can hold my bladder hat long still.
4:i go to college two days a week and cant find a decent job for the rest of the week.... damn im lazy.
5: plus i film movies, mostly cky style crap but its damn entertaining.
6:pharmacists?
7:and hers one to taugnt some of you, portly though i may be i can touch my toes with ease.
8:if a kids causing trouble near me i run out the door screaming like an extra from the opeing of the temple of doom and there gone in a flash.

that all sia di have a mild addiction to dr. pepper.lol.

just checked and someone, who wasnt brave enough to leave a message gave me bad rep for this,lol. someones worried :lol:

you gotta love this fourm its like a lazier, more hippy like version of the zombie nation forum, only with more talk about snakes on a plane,lol.

DjfunkmasterG
09-May-2006, 10:09 AM
just checked and someone, who wasnt brave enough to leave a message gave me bad rep for this,lol. someones worried :lol:

you gotta love this fourm its like a lazier, more hippy like version of the zombie nation forum, only with more talk about snakes on a plane,lol.

Holding your bladder for 30 hours straight is a good way to end up with Kidney problems or Prostate problems when you get older.

MinionZombie
09-May-2006, 10:15 AM
Either that or its some kind of hardcore 'extreme urination' these kids are into these days, what with their playstations and ASBOs and slack jeans :lol:

Seriously though, Dj's right, 30 hours is damn abnormal and really not at all good for your health. It's like clicking your knuckles, it may be a cool gimmick for a while but you'll pay for it. I used to crack my knuckles all the time in high school, now the cartilege is half-gone and I get sore thumb joints now and then all because of some daft gimmick. I try not to crack my knuckles so much now, sometimes they just do it on their own though when I move my fingers after a period of stillness. It'd probably be a good idea to stop cracking my back over the back of this office chair too...

Danny
09-May-2006, 10:17 AM
i stopped cracking my knuckles in 4th or 5th grade, id rather lose a leg than my left hand, im left handed by the way.

DjfunkmasterG
09-May-2006, 10:22 AM
I don't think you will "lose" you hand, but you will lose mobility/dexterity with it. If you don't stop, you will have to cut down on those 10 hour masturbation sessions. :p j/k

MapMan
09-May-2006, 01:28 PM
I fall into every category.

What is really scary is when your kid starts buying the same cds. My son walked in with AC/DC Back in Black. I bought it on 8 track the week it came out.

DjfunkmasterG
09-May-2006, 02:08 PM
What freaked me out was while in Virginia filming the short film for 48 hour film fest I walked into a 7-11 to grab a soda and there was a 14 year old kid wearing a Pink Floyd - Dark side of the Moon T-Shirt.

The kid wasn't even born when Dark Side was released.... WTF? :rolleyes:

erisi236
09-May-2006, 04:07 PM
What freaked me out was while in Virginia filming the short film for 48 hour film fest I walked into a 7-11 to grab a soda and there was a 14 year old kid wearing a Pink Floyd - Dark side of the Moon T-Shirt.

The kid wasn't even born when Dark Side was released.... WTF? :rolleyes:

quality music knows no generation :)

Adrenochrome
09-May-2006, 04:19 PM
quality music knows no generation :)
But!, does he wear the shirt because he's a fan? or because That 70's Show character Hyde does and it's "cool".

MissJacksonCA
13-Jun-2007, 06:11 AM
I'm so sending that to half the people I know its too damn funny... thank god it doesn't apply to me at all yet but hey... cheers to it being me someday if I live that long! :D :D :D :D :D

darth los
13-Jun-2007, 06:26 AM
:lol: :lol:

I wonder if DA has read this yet? Sombody get her out of the chatroom!! :p