PDA

View Full Version : Day Remake goes theatrical in Feb. 2008

livingdeadboy
21-Oct-2007, 01:54 PM
From Bloody Disgusting:

"While covering the black carpet for last night's Spike TV Scream Awards (photos) we had the pleasure of talking to the beautiful Christa Campbell who stars in the upcoming remake of Day of the Dead. She tells B-D exclusively that the film is now slated for theatrical release in February of 2008. Watch for more news as it comes in. The original follows a group of scientists and military personnel holed up in an underground bunker because the world above is overrun with zombies. The lumbering flesheaters eventually find a way in and wreak havoc on the scientists who've been experimenting on their undead brethren."

capncnut
21-Oct-2007, 03:28 PM
Now okay everyone, play nice. :D

MinionZombie
21-Oct-2007, 04:47 PM
In the immortal comedy-gag words of some bloke off-of Mock the Week a while ago...

F*ckin' ... ... ... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The movie will blow goats up and down mountains across the globe, GUARANTEED.

Vegetarian zombie is all you need to say, jesus christ. :rolleyes:

Legion2213
21-Oct-2007, 06:19 PM
*snicker* :D

http://www.nickwagnerphotography.com/images/projects/project008/nwp_dotd20lg.JPG

MinionZombie
21-Oct-2007, 06:34 PM
Exactly, look at that shiite ... I mean come-the-crap-on-its-face.

Jesus, this will be in and out the few cinemas it reaches in a blink...goddamn. :barf:

ProfessorChaos
21-Oct-2007, 06:47 PM
goddamn, this stupid-ass movie is gonna set the zombie-movement back about fifteen years.:|

someone needs to find and destroy all copies of this piece of crap between now and february...then kill everyone involved and we can all conspire to make this whole remake idea seem like it was one big april fool's day joke that went on too long.

capncnut
21-Oct-2007, 09:18 PM
Vegetarian zombie is all you need to say, jesus christ. :rolleyes:
Don't forget 'ceiling runners', LOL.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Oct-2007, 09:18 PM
goddamn, this stupid-ass movie is gonna set the zombie-movement back about fifteen years.:|

:lol: I wonder how much of it was re-shot. The film is only a year behind schedule. No worries though, House of the Dead set it back, then the Dawn remake redeemed it. :D

ProfessorChaos
21-Oct-2007, 09:48 PM
:lol: I wonder how much of it was re-shot. The film is only a year behind schedule. No worries though, House of the Dead set it back, then the Dawn remake redeemed it. :D

yeah, but for every step dawn 04 took forward, this sh!tfest is going to take the movement three steps back...:mad:

i will be hanging my head in shame on its release when all my buddies (who aren't living dead fanatics like myself) go see it and tell me how terrible it was, and say "why do you like movies like that?!?! what a fu(kin waste of time!"

then i'll just shake my head and walk away mumbling to myself that i need to find cooler friends.

Dead Hoosier
21-Oct-2007, 10:56 PM
Don't underestimate the stupidity of your fellow man...it'll probably still make as much as Land. We all know it'll be terrible, but c'mon...the zombie genre is a few gems with mostly ****.

Danny
22-Oct-2007, 12:06 AM
im not one for deragatory terms but this looks so gay.

capncnut
22-Oct-2007, 12:10 AM
Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulvle4RT7Bk) a little reminder of this upcoming classic. :rolleyes:

im not one for deragatory terms but this looks so gay.
Hmmm, Gay of the Dead?

MinionZombie
22-Oct-2007, 09:43 AM
Gay of the Dead is funny, but better reserved for an actual gay zombie movie. :lol:

I still prefer "Day of the Bulgarian Zombies" or "Day of the Remake" or "Big Pile of Fetid Shiite" ... but that's just me. :p

Ug, anytime I see any footage of that god-awful film I feel like I've been diddled-up-the-pooper. :hurl: It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Trin
22-Oct-2007, 07:04 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if I'm so incredibly lame that I have to go see this movie just because it is a zombie movie with the name Day of the Dead and I'm desperate for zombie movies, does that make me a bad person? Am I letting down Romero or the HPOTD fans? Can I rationalize that any zombie movie making money helps all the other zombie movies yet to be made?

MinionZombie
22-Oct-2007, 10:19 PM
I think anyone who drops any cash on Day of the Bulgarian Zombie Remake should be committed. :)

Danny
22-Oct-2007, 10:24 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if I'm so incredibly lame that I have to go see this movie just because it is a zombie movie with the name Day of the Dead and I'm desperate for zombie movies, does that make me a bad person? Am I letting down Romero or the HPOTD fans? Can I rationalize that any zombie movie making money helps all the other zombie movies yet to be made?

YOUR LETTING DOWN THE UNIVERSE.

ProfessorChaos
22-Oct-2007, 10:31 PM

i was wondering the same thing, but opted out long ago, due to the fact that i'd rather send a message to hollywood that crap remakes (even if they are zombie films) will not receive any patronage from me. it'll be on the sci-fi channel within a year and a half, and there's way more stuff i can think of spending eight bucks on.

fu(k day of the dead 2008!!!:mad:

even if it is a zombie movie, i hope this bastard flops like the five-hundred pound bag of elephant-sh!t and hippopatamus-barf that it is.

Trin
22-Oct-2007, 10:59 PM
YOUR LETTING DOWN THE UNIVERSE.
That takes me back to the ol' wedding night.

DubiousComforts
22-Oct-2007, 11:22 PM
Can I rationalize that any zombie movie making money helps all the other zombie movies yet to be made?
No, you can't.

Just steal it on the Net like everyone else.

ProfessorChaos
22-Oct-2007, 11:31 PM
if anyone from this forum goes to the theaters to see this, we should vote them off the island, a la survivor.

it'll be funny however, if this film brings new members to the site. ya never know...

AcesandEights
22-Oct-2007, 11:48 PM
Sad, sad, sad. No other words do my mood justice at the moment.

Danny
23-Oct-2007, 03:54 AM
No, you can't.

Just steal it on the Net like everyone else.

CONTROVERSIO-FIVE!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/5.jpg

Trin
23-Oct-2007, 06:47 PM
So I guess the question I must ask myself is:

Which is more lame -
- to go see a movie I know will be bad just cause I can't pass up a zombie movie
or
- let the peer pressure from zombie fans dictate to me what movies I can and cannot see

Notice I said "ask myself". I'm pretty sure I already know what you guys are gonna say. I'm also pretty sure I can't stop you from saying it - LOL!!

I will point out that I did NOT see Dawn '04 in the theater because I thought it would suck.

bassman
23-Oct-2007, 07:02 PM
So I guess the question I must ask myself is:

Which is more lame -
- to go see a movie I know will be bad just cause I can't pass up a zombie movie
or
- let the peer pressure from zombie fans dictate to me what movies I can and cannot see

Notice I said "ask myself". I'm pretty sure I already know what you guys are gonna say. I'm also pretty sure I can't stop you from saying it - LOL!!

I will point out that I did NOT see Dawn '04 in the theater because I thought it would suck.

I guarantee you that all the main members of this board will see it. Will they pay for it? Probably not....but they'll eventually see it just to laugh at it.:p

MinionZombie
23-Oct-2007, 09:57 PM
The only way I'd suffer through any of this fetid dogsh*t is:

1) I've dropped no cash on it, because if I did, it'd be like paying to be kicked in the nuts with a spike
2) To purely justify my own hatred of it further, and to provide myself with specific examples to rip the absolute piss out of it

"Oh, haters like you will hate no matter what" I can see the people behind it saying - I wouldn't be hating if you were not:

A) Remaking classics and indulging in "name rape"
B) Making such a sack of crap

Ta-da!

Dead Hoosier
23-Oct-2007, 10:25 PM
Being in relationships, I've seen a lot of films that were god-awful, chick-flick nightmares. But I can safely say I would be embarrased to see or be seen at this movie. It would require me to rethink my life.

Danny
23-Oct-2007, 10:46 PM
The only way I'd suffer through any of this fetid dogsh*t is:

1) I've dropped no cash on it, because if I did, it'd be like paying to be kicked in the nuts with a spike
2) To purely justify my own hatred of it further, and to provide myself with specific examples to rip the absolute piss out of it

"Oh, haters like you will hate no matter what" I can see the people behind it saying - I wouldn't be hating if you were not:

A) Remaking classics and indulging in "name rape"
B) Making such a sack of crap

Ta-da!

know what. im officially stating that right nwo the name is not "remakes" but "name-rape". there. its officially official.

it does what it says on the tin.

Trin
24-Oct-2007, 03:37 PM
What is the definition of horror? Is it 90 minutes of cheap slasher thrills that you forget before the popcorn gets cold? Or is it a deep soul torturing experience that leaves you disturbed and unsettled for years to come? Day Remake - soul torturing. You know you're gonna see it.

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2007, 05:25 PM
Soul torturing for all the wrong reasons. :lol:

There's cheap, and then there's name rape.

Nuff said.

Trin
24-Oct-2007, 06:21 PM
Soul torturing for all the wrong reasons. :lol:

There's cheap, and then there's name rape.

Nuff said.
LOL - No argument!!

hellraiserspike
30-Oct-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh my god, what have they done? By the look of this trailer it's looks like a cheap **** TV movie not a box-office horror that it should be. Day of the dead was better than this one and that was made for a very low budget too. Oh what have they done.
I haven't seen the film yet but i'm not holding my breath to see it either.

erisi236
30-Oct-2007, 08:51 PM
By the looks of it it may be worse then House of the Dead, or even horror of horrors, worse then House of the Dead 2. :D

Doc
30-Oct-2007, 09:39 PM
By the looks of it it may be worse then House of the Dead, or even horror of horrors, worse then House of the Dead 2. :D God....I think your right:eek:

bassman
02-Nov-2007, 04:13 PM
How funny would it be if this thing turns out to be great. Even after the sh*tty trailer and photos it's somehow good....

I know it won't be...just thought it would be funny.

MinionZombie
02-Nov-2007, 04:21 PM
How funny would it be if this thing turns out to be great. Even after the sh*tty trailer and photos it's somehow good....

I know it won't be...just thought it would be funny.
No, it wouldn't be funny...it'd be the end of the time/space continuum! :eek:

bassman
02-Nov-2007, 04:35 PM
No, it wouldn't be funny...it'd be the end of the time/space continuum! :eek:

"Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.":p

Doc
03-Nov-2007, 08:37 PM
How funny would it be if this thing turns out to be great. Even after the sh*tty trailer and photos it's somehow good... Then that'd mean that them going back to post production actually worked.

capncnut
03-Nov-2007, 08:43 PM
I HIGHLY doubt it's going to be anything but crapola. The early reviews have been overwhelmingly negative.

Doc
04-Nov-2007, 03:48 PM
I HIGHLY doubt it's going to be anything but crapola. The early reviews have been overwhelmingly negative. Can you blame them?:rockbrow: Geez man The first time I saw the trailer for this movie I didn't even have to see the original(I hadn't seen it at the time the trailer came out) to know this will flop. :barf:

Mr_Shadow
27-Dec-2007, 06:40 AM
Looks like this might be going straight to dvd

http://videoeta.com/movie/101576

shows release date upper left corner 4/8/08

Dead Hoosier
27-Dec-2007, 11:27 PM
Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised. While Dawn04 -- no matter what some say -- was an entertaining success, this project was an epic disaster from Day 1. I'm sure I'll rent it when it comes to my digital cable service, just for ****s and grins. Way to go jackoffs!:lol:

Doc
28-Dec-2007, 12:53 AM
Looks like this might be going straight to dvd

http://videoeta.com/movie/101576

shows release date upper left corner 4/8/08 YAY!:D

jim102016
29-Dec-2007, 03:22 PM
Fu*cking Sci-Fi, Fu*cking Sci-Fi. What more can be said about this piece of crap? I don't care what the predictions are, I'm not wasting a dime on this. I'd rather watch two cats fight it out in a dumpster.

That Steve Miner is one stupid bastard for doing this.

IRA_LCPL
11-Jan-2008, 07:10 PM
I watched the Dawn Remakewith an open mind and was VERY disapointed!! and now they go and Ruin DAY!!! how can you completly ignore the story and make it into this SHI*E!! and they put runnes in a GOD DA** Romero movie!! Seriously now!!

MinionZombie
11-Jan-2008, 07:22 PM
"the need to feed"?!?!

:lol::hurl::lol:

On what, a f*ckin' salad?! :D

Arcades057
12-Jan-2008, 06:17 PM
It can't be as bad as the original.

I'll give it a shot.

Doc
12-Jan-2008, 10:50 PM

WAAAHHHHH! This film makes Land look good:barf:

SRP76
13-Jan-2008, 05:00 AM

I'll give it a shot.

Uh-oh. The Bub Fan Club will be after you now.

Legion2213
13-Jan-2008, 07:03 PM

I'll give it a shot.

Kill him! Kill him in the face! :D

bassman
13-Jan-2008, 07:48 PM

I'll give it a shot.

Seriously.....every post you've made on here within the last week is against romero. This is site is dedicated to romero's work....why come on here to bash him? You have the right to your opinion but you're starting to look like a troll, dude.

ESPECIALLY if you think this film has anything good going for it.:lol:

Arcades057
14-Jan-2008, 04:42 PM
Seriously.....every post you've made on here within the last week is against romero. This is site is dedicated to romero's work....why come on here to bash him? You have the right to your opinion but you're starting to look like a troll, dude.

ESPECIALLY if you think this film has anything good going for it.:lol:

I'm not bashing him, Officer Bassman. I'm being objective. There's a difference.

You don't have to hero-worship a man to admire some of his work.

bassman
14-Jan-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm not bashing him, Officer Bassman. I'm being objective. There's a difference.

You don't have to hero-worship a man to admire some of his work.

It just seems like you're looking for an argument rather than being objective.

Arcades057
14-Jan-2008, 07:06 PM
You know what opinions are like, bassman....:rolleyes:

bassman
15-Jan-2008, 12:26 PM
You know what opinions are like, bassman....:rolleyes:

Yep...sure do, bud.;)

ILoVeZoMbiE
15-Jan-2008, 10:05 PM
Day "remake": it's only ****... :barf:

dirtydwarf
07-Feb-2008, 01:11 PM
But...but...it has a stereotypical smart-alecky black man in it..therefore it must be entertaining...right?? you know, the guy that in the heat of battle can still spout lines like "oh look, he likes you. He has a little zombie crush" and then the whole audience howls with laughter and is proud of themselves for money well spent on this little gem of a pic....

RUSS
11-Feb-2008, 07:47 PM
just watched it , downloaded it i know its illegal but im glad i did and didnt spend money on a ticket in the local cinema all i can say is what a complete pile of ****

the hour and a half i spent watching it i would rather have had rabid baboons lick peanut butter off the soles of my feet it was that bad any person that likes this film needs there heads testing:mad:

1/ zombies driving cars
2/ zombies firing guns whilst running
3/ **** they even had a spiderman zombie this one crawled on the ceilings total piss take
4/ i could go on for ever it was cringe worthy and thats with out the lame acting skills ,

how many films have been ripped off for ideas stolen to make this offensive excuse of a zombie movie

well there goes my rant
:annoyed:

Mike70
11-Feb-2008, 07:59 PM
i am in the process of, ahem, acquiring this:shifty:, as i type this. i will come in later and share my thoughts on it.

It just seems like you're looking for an argument rather than being objective.

perish the thought bassman that arcades could possibly be trying to start trouble.

kidgloves
11-Feb-2008, 08:13 PM
i am in the process of, ahem, acquiring this:shifty:, as i type this. i will come in later and share my thoughts on it.

perish the thought bassman that arcades could possibly be trying to start trouble.

Probably be easier to keep the reviews/flaming in one thread here (Not that im a mod or anything)

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=9718

capncnut
11-Feb-2008, 08:35 PM
i am in the process of, ahem, acquiring this:shifty:, as i type this.
77% and counting. :D

RUSS
11-Feb-2008, 10:16 PM
if ur getting it from a private tracker dont waste your ratio/bandwith get it from a public tracker

because its crap
:elol:

Doc
12-Feb-2008, 12:01 AM
2/ zombies firing guns whilst running

That's all I had to hear :barf:

:rolleyes: