PDA

View Full Version : Groan! Defragging my hard drive fraked it!

Neil
28-Oct-2007, 07:29 PM
Used O&O defrag and on the next boot - Some directories and files are invisible and boot and access is super super slow :(

Groan! God I hate computers! :dead:

Danny
28-Oct-2007, 07:39 PM
ive never had a problem with the disk defrag program on any of my windows xp pc's, though i get the feeling, im as mellow as they come, but my pc running slow or doing something wrong pisses me off to no end, though my freind mark is the same with driving, everyones got one aggro swtich i guess.

capncnut
28-Oct-2007, 08:08 PM
Defrags should be okay as long as they aren't done every 5 min.

Neil
28-Oct-2007, 09:38 PM
This is O&O Defrag Professional, not the standard Windows defrag that doesn't really no much...

Tricky
29-Oct-2007, 06:29 PM
My hard drive is 600GB (2x 300GB ones linked) and it takes farking ages to defrag,im talking like 3-4 hours!despite 450GB of it being empty as well!my pc is an absolute monster till it comes to defragging!

Neil
30-Oct-2007, 09:41 PM
Bless Acronis True Image... Looks like I've got my C drive back (on a new hard drive). The backup is 3 months old, but very little has changed on it over that time so just a hour or so's hassle updating odds'n'sods! Phew!

DjfunkmasterG
31-Oct-2007, 03:55 PM
This is why I only use XP defrag. I don't trust outside vendor HDD defrag programs. However, I swear by Acronis True Image.

:D