PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Open submissions for THE UNDEAD 2

UndeadAnthology
11-Apr-2006, 11:52 PM
Hello everyone,

Just a quick reminder that we’re still accepting submissions of unique zombie tales for THE UNDEAD 2. Submissions are open until July 31, 2006. Full submission guidelines are here:

http://www.permutedpress.com/undead2.php

A couple of things we’re seeing up over and over again are “I am the zombie” type stories and tales where a living person feeds people to an undead loved one. If you’ve got something like that in mind you might want to rethink it. :)

Jacob
http://www.permutedpress.com

rightwing401
12-Apr-2006, 12:37 AM
Don't worry, I'm thinking about trying out my one with a traveling alien stopping by to check out a strangely quiet planet.

OddDNA
12-Apr-2006, 06:49 PM
is the avg story or the perfect length you are looking for?

UndeadAnthology
12-Apr-2006, 09:20 PM
is the avg story or the perfect length you are looking for?

There isn't a perfect length we're looking for. But, we're not interested in any stories over 8,000 words (unless it's a novella in which case it should be over 15k words). Anything under 2k is getting pretty short but it's not out of the question that we'd accept it. Anything under 1k is flash fiction range and highly unlikely we would accept it.

Hope that helps.

Jacob

dannoofthedead
12-Apr-2006, 09:24 PM
About how long is the response time on a novella query? Also, is there a cut off word limit for novellas? I have one that in its current draft is 24,000 words long.

UndeadAnthology
12-Apr-2006, 09:33 PM
About how long is the response time on a novella query?

Just submit a synopsis and it shouldn't be too long... maybe a couple weeks to give a chance for all of us (Dave, Travis, and myself) to log in and read it. If we like the synopsis then we'll have you submit the full novella.

Also, is there a cut off word limit for novellas? I have one that in its current draft is 24,000 words long.

I'd say 15-30k range is safe.

Jacob

deadwrtr
12-Apr-2006, 11:31 PM
Just submit a synopsis and it shouldn't be too long... maybe a couple weeks to give a chance for all of us (Dave, Travis, and myself) to log in and read it. If we like the synopsis then we'll have you submit the full novella.
Jacob

I submitted a story quite some time ago, and after your review and revamping it to fit certain requested "guidelines", I haven't heard a peep out of you.

It's been more than a couple of weeks (last email was on Jan. 7, 2006) since my resubmission. If its being included, great!

If not, just send me an email letting me know.

Thanks!

Eric

UndeadAnthology
13-Apr-2006, 12:10 AM
It's been more than a couple of weeks (last email was on Jan. 7, 2006) since my resubmission.

I said review of a *novella synopsis* shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks.

If not, just send me an email letting me know.

Please send any queries about particular submissions to submit@undeadanthology.com.

Jacob