PDA

View Full Version : How many people on this world really want it to happen?

Cody
12-Apr-2006, 12:24 AM
The dead walk zombies everywhere, government fails to protect its citizens. I think it would be fun for a month or so with a fortified house. I would probably be getting stoned / drunk all the time to deal with the anxiety issues. Watch DVDs, garden, (sh!t to pass time by) then I would probably just shoot myself in the head due to no companions left. But if I had my buddys with me then hell yeah I could do it for years

You?

BTW I wouldnt want it to happen.

Danny
12-Apr-2006, 12:26 AM
hell no were would i get prinlges and dips to watch my Dvd's with?

AcesandEights
12-Apr-2006, 12:42 AM
I don't even know that I wish a stubbed toe on anyone, let alone wishing the whole world goes down the drain in a zombie fueled holocaust.

And all the self-loathing types who bitch about how humanity has it coming (you know the still-mad-at-my-parents type), well...maybe they'll grow out of it.

Guido
12-Apr-2006, 02:25 AM
definitely not...movies and video games are close enough for me.

thecoldwarrior
12-Apr-2006, 05:48 PM
Are you guys crazy!?!?!?

Of course I don’t want all the wonderful people of the world to have to face such a horrific ordeal :p. Ok now that the pc crap is out of the way...... This would be the only way to ever test for sure all the theories and designs we have imagined! Their is only one thing that scares me, rolling a one irl. It utterly stops my heart, and throws my stomach into my throat! That decisive moment when you succeed or fail. The movies are a fun way to look at this scenario, but in fact their are many more efficient ways to dispose of the undead. The truth of the matter is, if you think about it, people are the real threat. Dead undead, our own curiosity, stupidity, needs, and arrogance are what ultimately cause our demise. Their are two ways to die, massive trauma or systematic deterioration. It is possible to avoid one, but not the other (as of yet).

All in all the first problem would be to identify, mark, and avoid the hot zones. If you think that out of all the crazies out their not one person would push the big red button, then you need to rethink your strategy. Its really not hard to take out the shambling hordes that come to your door. The problem is the stragglers in the open, that present the constant risk of reinfecting the population.
One truism that appeals to me is that the enemy brings the weapons of war. Now obviously it would be well advised to be prepared before hand, but this is not always possible. If the enemy brings a gun, take his gun. If you do not have a gun, he cannot take it from you. No this is not foolproof, in fact it means you have to figure out how to take the gun. Now apply this theory to the zombie scenario. What weapon do they bring to the war? What confined properties do they inherently posses. well we know they are attracted to the living, they have weight and mass, they do not sleep, they do not need to eat, they are slow (of course this is specific to GAR's hordes, you would have to decide each circumstance individually), they are not too bright (again this is era specific, as we know that GAR's horde are becoming smarter), and many other conditions could be observed. You could literally put them on treadmills to generate energy! Its no joke free energy has been sought after by man for as long as we walked the earth. There weight could work against them. Dead falls connected to proceeding chutes could collect them on the outskirts of a fortified complex. Well you get the idea.

Role-playing scenarios, statistical calculations, military precision, and even gut feelings still do not guarantee any outcome. Redundant defenses, with an overall offensive plan is the only way to not only help insure the survival of our race, but also the only way to reclaim it as well.

No I dont really want it to happen. I am satisfyed with movies and games as well, but it sure is fun to consider it though :)

Tri0xin
12-Apr-2006, 09:55 PM
I would love to see a full scale zombie rebellion along with a worker's revolution.

Then you would have two classes (the workers and the zombies) setting out to eat the rich.

Good times, good times.

DjfunkmasterG
12-Apr-2006, 10:16 PM
Ok, wow interesting question...

What would I want? People wanna know... "C'mon Dj give us your answer" they all shout.

Well to be honest I would have to say ....

HELL F*CKING YES! Bring it on! (stands locked and loaded). I know I probably wouldn't last a week, but who really gives a sh*t.

EvilNed
14-Apr-2006, 04:16 PM
Uhm. If, in the future, someone invents a Virtual Reality where you could simulate any scenario on earth inside this "false" reality world, then I would probably try it out, alongside awhole bunch of other scenarios from films.

But do I really want my loved ones be eaten alive by zombies? Pass.

Tullaryx
14-Apr-2006, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't want it to happen, but if it happens for some bloody reason well I think I may recover from the shock faster than those who don't believe.

Philly_SWAT
14-Apr-2006, 10:42 PM
It would be a true disaster if the zombie epidemic hit for real. However, I think that the real mettle of a man would come out at this time. It would be interesting to see who would survive and who wouldnt. Who would keep their cool, and who wouldnt. I think I would survive. Of course, it would suck without cable TV......

glsjaw
14-Apr-2006, 11:45 PM
the thought of sure eventuel death, what are we insane. maybe a little but not that type of insane

Philly_SWAT
15-Apr-2006, 12:04 AM
Unless you know something that I don't, we all face sure eventual death as we speak.....

Cereval
15-Apr-2006, 02:33 AM
It's fantasy, pure and simple.

I think about my life stopping where it is, probably never to resume again. I think of my family and friends dying. Nevermind death, think about the world if you survived - that's not life - that's pretending to be alive ...

HLS
16-Apr-2006, 04:40 PM
No i would not want it to happen, at least not on a large global scale.

Danny
16-Apr-2006, 10:27 PM
probably the only people who would are those nutters that go on forums with threads like "what kind of firearm do you think is best to take out a zombie?".... okaaaayyy....

AcesandEights
16-Apr-2006, 10:41 PM
probably the only people who would are those nutters that go on forums with threads like "what kind of firearm do you think is best to take out a zombie?".... okaaaayyy....

Hehe. I actually like those sorts of threads, though, truth be told, I would replace the word 'is' in your above quote to 'would.' Idle plotting and planning comes to me by nature and I'm sure a lot of people catch themselves wondering various "what ifs?" After seeig a decent zombie movie. It's quite a fun passtime to partake in and it always has that side benefit of getting you thinking about just where to head if any real world disaster might go down.

Edited for clarity.

evilpotato
18-Apr-2006, 04:13 PM
well, in a way, yes i would like it to happen. Just so i could tell my friend:
AH! See, didn't i warned you? Sure now you come to me for help and adviced...

But do i really want it to happen? Probably not. I'd probably miss the comfort of modern life too much.

scoracrasia
18-Apr-2006, 05:48 PM
Maybe in a virtual reality world. But real life, no for the fact I would not want my kids torn apart as much as I know I could protect them.

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 06:05 PM
It wouldn't be that much different than it already is.....

Danny
18-Apr-2006, 07:23 PM
possibly a little more like america in the early 90's.

MapMan
18-Apr-2006, 10:32 PM
I would love for the world as we know it to end in a zombie rampage.

Especially before gas goes up to $4.00 a gallon.

NumberOneGARFan
11-May-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't think i would want it to happen beacuse that might mean that the apocolypse would be coming and theres supposed to be worse **** coming than zombies in the apocolypse. Also i think my baby girls don't deserve to experience a world of apocolyptic horrors. Yet this planet is probably ready for it since we pretty much trashed it. Just like the Dawn of the Dead tagline says "When theres no more room in HELL, the DEAD will walk the earth." With all the gays, abortions, and same sex marriages.
But if something like that was to happen i'd find a spot to fallout and protect my family with my life as long as i could. at all costs.