PDA

View Full Version : medival zombies

boblord
04-Nov-2007, 02:53 PM
what if there was a zombie outbreak during medival times, like a round the dark ages?
let me know what you think of that idea/if you have any ideas.

capncnut
05-Nov-2007, 12:34 AM
Already been done in a book called The Devil's Plague by Mark Beynon. Still, good idea though. :D

boblord
05-Nov-2007, 07:11 PM
really? when did it come out?

Legion2213
06-Nov-2007, 01:29 AM
The Devil's Plague (Tomes of the Dead) 11th October 07

Synopsis

It is England, in 1651 - The Battle of Worcester. To help him attain a victory over the Royalists, Oliver Cromwell has made a pact with the Devil. In return for his soul, he has been given a fearsome army of the dead - a blood-thirsty platoon of ancient evil... the Kryfangan! With Charles Stuart, the rightful heir to the English throne seemingly killed in battle and his Scottish army slaughtered by the Kryfangan, Cromwell now has control of Parliament. However, by the time the Kryfangan's real identity is revealed to Cromwell, it is too late to stop their relentless killing spree. And when the true nature of the great plague is exposed, London soon becomes a city overrun by zombie hordes. The English must put aside their religious, social and political differences as they find themselves caught between two armies of the dead waging war with one another.

£5.59 at Amazon.co.uk.

wyvern1096
06-Nov-2007, 09:35 PM
Rob Morganbesser (in the fiction section) wrote an excellent one on an outbreak during Viking times. I believe the title was "Mare Necrosa".

Relic
16-Nov-2007, 03:43 AM
I'm about a third of the way done with a zombie story involving the lost Roanoke colony and why the settlers there suddenly upped and vanished (but not before scrawling "Croatoan" on a tree and the posts of their wooden defense wall). As far as I know, I don't think this idea's been used.

Doing time pieces like this are fun, but you gotta research you butt off doing so.

kortick
19-Nov-2007, 08:00 AM
there is a great story called blacksmith in the fic section
check it out