PDA

View Full Version : Why get married if this is how you'll live?

MissJacksonCA
04-Nov-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21369007/GT1=10547

I dunno I'm a litte old fashioned... if you're going to get married you should live together. I'd be a little too pissed having to be the mother and father whenever my husband isn't home at 3am because he's sleeping at his own home.

wyvern1096
06-Nov-2007, 08:41 PM
To each their own, I suppose. I don't get it. I've had to be away from home a few weeks at a time before for work and I miss my wife and kids when I am. I don't get the couples that have seperate bedrooms either.

AcesandEights
06-Nov-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, I value personal space, but...that's a bit much for my tastes. I wonder how this will affect their children's intimacy habits...

Yojimbo
10-Nov-2007, 01:09 AM
Well, I value personal space, but...that's a bit much for my tastes. I wonder how this will affect their children's intimacy habits...

Exactly. Maybe make a new breed of emotionless kids who don't know how to share.

MissJacksonCA
15-Nov-2007, 03:44 PM
Well the couple in question is shall we say... in the more mature stages of life... I really wonder if they're comfortable being married or just married to get married to someone they love. When I care about someone and we spend QT together... and one of us has to go home that stinks. If that choice was because he couldn't live without a piano or because I couldn't stand his oriental carpet collection... perhaps they're just lovers who were scared to wait for the actual right person for them.

Terran
15-Nov-2007, 04:26 PM
Exactly. Maybe make a new breed of emotionless kids who don't know how to share.

All your base are belong to us

Mike70
15-Nov-2007, 05:10 PM
i have read some goofy stuff in my day but this lady has got to be right up there on the weird-crap-o-meter.

they have nothing in common but have been married for 14 years?

why, if they have nothing in common why in frak's sake did they go out/get married in the first place?

here is an idea-bite the bullet. go out and find someone you can both love and be intimate with.

these folks sound like they want everything that goes with married life except the mess. it just doesn't work that way. i've been married for almost 10 years, so this is something i know a bit about.

nice that dude gets to stay over 3 nights a week and she gets the full-time bother of twin 6 year old boys.

wagner or silence?? please put my ears out now. although only one of them works anyway. i'd rather listen to cats screwing in an alley (although that is what wagner sounds like anyway).

i feel sorry for those kids not having both parent's around all the time. i seeing, uh problems down the road during the teen years with acting out because daddy never showed them any attention.

here is another idea-get rid of one of the fraking pianos, compromise on the furnishings and have an actual home.

MissJacksonCA
17-Nov-2007, 06:11 AM
You bring up a good point... I mean isn't marriage compromise? All relationships thrive on compromise of some kind its the ones where there's no give that typically break...

Marie
18-Nov-2007, 12:41 AM
He put dog hair on her desk and added to it until she noticed. I not only wouldn't marry that, I wouldn't have sex or kids with it either.:eek:

M_

Dtothe3
19-Nov-2007, 04:23 AM
Wow. What an in-depth view of their marriage you must all have. I'm amazed, I looked at that article and saw bits and pieces, but some of you guys must be something else to see it and put it all together into a cognitive picture right?

Right, I mean you wouldn't have made a judgement if you didn't see EVERYTHING right?

AcesandEights
19-Nov-2007, 04:58 AM
Yup. Judging people is alive and well, whether it be people in an article, or fellow posters on a web board. Thanks for reminding us all! ;)

Mike70
19-Nov-2007, 02:11 PM
first of all- i didn't realize we needed your permission to have an opinion on something.

you write an article and have it published, you open yourself up to be criticized for what you have written therein. just like a book, a movie or a tv show.

i believe the point we are trying to make, based our own marriages/relationships, is that this is simply not a healthy nor intimate way for two married people to live. that is certainly my opinion on this and i simply do not care if you like it or not.

yes my statement about wagner is judgmental. it is meant to be.

in fact, all the statements are judgemental. life is about making judgements and criticism of an article, movie, book is all about making judgements of the contents.

i didn't write the article or ask for it to be written. she did. she opened the door. no one here did.

you put yourself out there-you are a legitimate target. i, for one, will not hold back my opinions on anything because it might offend someone's sense of judgementalism.

each of the points i criticized were contained in the article, aside from some personal speculation about the emotional/intimacy issues that this could cause their children in the future.
:moon: