PDA

View Full Version : New edition of DAY BY DAY ARMAGEDDON is now available!

UndeadAnthology
05-Nov-2007, 03:53 PM
http://www.permutedpress.com/graphics/dbdacoversmall.jpg (www.permutedpress.com)
New & Improved Edition of the Bestselling Zombie Novel Now Available!

==========
J.L. Bourne's Day by Day Armageddon helped usher in the modern zombie craze with its unique angle on the post-apocalyptic world: a lone military man records his fight for survival in a world overrun with the living dead.

The new edition from Permuted Press features a whole new--and unique--layout, additional new content, and a new introduction by Z. A. Recht, author of Plague of the Dead.
==========

Available for purchase now from many stores including: Permuted Press (www.permutedpress.com) - Buy any 2 books and get free shipping! Amazon US (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0978970772/permutedpress-20) Amazon UK (www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0978970772/permutedpress-21) Amazon Canada (www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0978970772/permutedpre0b-20) Amazon.de (www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/0978970772/) Barnes & Noble (search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=0978970772) Many Others (www.bestwebbuys.com/0978970772)

"Day by Day Armageddon is a dramatic spin on the zombie story. It had depth, a heart, and compelling characters."
--Jonathan Maberry, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of Ghost Road Blues

Legion2213
10-Nov-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm halfway through reading the first chapter of this book at JL's site...

http://www.tacticalunderground.us/journal1.htm

I will definately be laying down the £9.45 for the full book from Amazon UK. I'm already rooting for the main character and his neighbour (if you can connect with the characters you will always enjoy a book or movie IMO).

I have high hopes for the rest of the book (and the sequel that is in the pipes).

UndeadAnthology
10-Nov-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks, Legion!

Skydog
15-Nov-2007, 12:03 AM
Any description on the 'new content'? How many words, pages, etc? I already own the first print of DBDA. Dropping $15 bucks for the new print isn't a big deal if it's worth the read but there's no sense if it's basically the same with a few words that are editing fixes.

Thanks in advance.

raptorman
16-Nov-2007, 02:26 AM
The book has been re-edited and re-designed. It's not drastically different from the original but there are some fixes here and there and many improvements to include a new cover, and a few extra bonus pages on another project at the end that were not in the original print. The layout is really cool too.

Thanks for purchasing the first edition, it was seen on ebay going for a hundred US dollars and on amazon.com going for like 80 USD. Embarrassing really. As the author it is difficult not to be biased but if I were you I'd hold off and maybe try to borrow the re-issue from someone or ask your library to stock it so you don't have to pay for it. When Reign of the Dead came out "new and improved" I didn't buy it because I had the original so how can I expect you to buy the Day by Day Armageddon re-issue? Thanks for reading the original either way and once again I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Go to your library and ask them to purchase ISBN#: 0978970772 so you can keep your cash since you purchased the original already.

Cheers,

J.L. Bourne
author of "Day by Day Armageddon"

UndeadAnthology
16-Nov-2007, 04:00 AM
Go to your library and ask them to purchase ISBN#: 0978970772 so you can keep your cash since you purchased the original already.

That's a great suggestion, Rap.

Skydog
27-Nov-2007, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the info Raptorman. I like that library idea of yours. I'll ask about it when I take my son down there later this week.

Craig
27-Nov-2007, 09:32 PM
I finished DBDA in about an afternoon, which really says something for how good it is. I probably won't buy this re-issue but I'm really looking forward to the next in the series!

raptorman
27-Jan-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks to all of you that have purchased the book. For those of you that myspace, please point your browser to myspace.com/johnbourne (http://www.myspace.com/johnbourne) to check out the new page. I finally gave in and did the myspace thing for the fans. If you go to the "video" section of the page, you can watch a campy Day by Day Armageddon video that a fan produced. It's worth a look.

-Keep your doors locked
J.L. Bourne