PDA

View Full Version : Every Sigh, The End

panic
08-Nov-2007, 06:21 AM
I picked this book up a few days ago, and I have to say, so far its fantastic. I haven't even gotten to the zombies yet, and its by far the most engrossing work of fiction I've read this year. Hornsby is clearly a gifted writer. I was hooked from the first few pages. This is one of those reads where I curse having to put the book down to sleep at night. Its THAT good. I can't wait to find out what happens, but I dread it being over. Remember the last time you felt that way?

At this point I'd describe it as Fight Club meets Night of the Living Dead, with perhaps a touch of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Catcher in the Rye.

I'll post a follow up once I'm finished.

/p

Neil
08-Nov-2007, 12:04 PM
I picked this book up a few days ago, and I have to say, so far its fantastic. I haven't even gotten to the zombies yet, and its by far the most engrossing work of fiction I've read this year. Hornsby is clearly a gifted writer. I was hooked from the first few pages. This is one of those reads where I curse having to put the book down to sleep at night. Its THAT good. I can't wait to find out what happens, but I dread it being over. Remember the last time you felt that way?

At this point I'd describe it as Fight Club meets Night of the Living Dead, with perhaps a touch of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Catcher in the Rye.

I'll post a follow up once I'm finished.

/p'Dying to Live' gets good reviews...

UndeadAnthology
10-Nov-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback, panic! If you're enjoying it now it's going to blow your mind once the zombie invasion starts!

Jacob

dirkjsh
11-Nov-2007, 03:30 PM
This is Jason Hornsby, the author of Every Sigh, The End. I just wanted to say thank you for the positive feedback on the novel, and I am thrilled that you are enjoying it. ESTE is definitely not for all tastes, but apparently, it has appealed to yours.

I've heard comparisons to Chuck Palahniuk before, but your thread is the first time the novel has been likened to Ken Kesey. Thank you for that.

panic
14-Nov-2007, 12:53 AM
OK finished ESTE today. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm still not exactly sure what happened, but it was fun to try to figure out. I highly recommend ESTE to anyone who's looking for a novel with a little more complexity than your average zombie pulp.

/p