PDA

View Full Version : The Weinstein Company buy the US rights for The Zombie Diaries

hydro
08-Nov-2007, 10:05 AM
Excellent news for the US release, with heavyweights The Weinstein Company picking up the US distribution rights at the American Film Market:

They Weinstein's were very keen on the film after the success of the UK release and made a massive offer! Very pleasing:

http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=5315

DjfunkmasterG
08-Nov-2007, 11:03 AM
Congrats. That's pretty impressive. I wish you guys tons of success.

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2007, 11:57 AM
Bloody nora! Good going. :)

AcesandEights
08-Nov-2007, 03:28 PM
Congratulations to you guys and to me! Now I may actually get to see this film without major hoop-jumping =) :D

bassman
08-Nov-2007, 03:37 PM
Cool. The Weinsteins are eating up zombie films these days...

DjfunkmasterG
08-Nov-2007, 06:05 PM
Something just hit me. I think it is awesome Weinstein grabbed the flick, but isn't it funny that Weinstein also has Diary of the Dead, and being the premise is similar do you think they bought it to curb any hit Diary would take during its theatrical release? I hope thats not the case, but Weinstein is known for pulling **** like that.

AcesandEights
08-Nov-2007, 06:23 PM
Hehe, that was my first thought and I even started typing a 2nd post here about it, but decided that since the film is premiering in the US with a set date already it would probably be too early to speculate anything so neagative. But yeah, they may sit on it for a while, or not release one to widespread release . Who knows...

capncnut
08-Nov-2007, 08:48 PM
They Weinstein's were very keen on the film after the success of the UK release and made a massive offer!
Excellent news Kev, congrats.

zombiegirl
08-Nov-2007, 09:10 PM
WOW! I am so completely impressed and happy for you! I can't wait to see it. Congratulations guys!!!!!

hydro
09-Nov-2007, 09:46 AM
As the Weinstein Company own the rights to Diary, I can certainly see it was a good tactical buy for them so they can control both films. However they were very impressed by the success of the UK release and put in a very big offer that was just too good to turn down.

I don't know what their release plans are, but as Diary is obviously the bigger film, they will want to ensure the films don't cancel each other out or damage each other.