PDA

View Full Version : What was your fav Land zombie?

HLS
13-Apr-2006, 05:22 AM
Mine was the one that bit the hispanic dude and I rather liked the band players in the gazibo.

Deadman_Deluxe
13-Apr-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah, and i liked the one with some blood on its hat ... it was well the best :lol:

Adrenochrome
13-Apr-2006, 02:11 PM
I liked the one that walked around slowly, kinda groaning.....:D

Mortis
13-Apr-2006, 02:13 PM
I like Number 9. She's a babe.

Adrenochrome
13-Apr-2006, 02:18 PM
I like Number 9. She's a babe.
oh yes. #9 is quite the sexy zombie

and she's not bad out of character, either!!!!
http://www.lafm.com/jennifer%20Baxter.jpg

erisi236
13-Apr-2006, 03:28 PM
oh I dunno, how about Blade :D

axlish
13-Apr-2006, 03:49 PM
I like the cheerleader that went "splat" early on in the Uniontown sequence. That got me all giddy :)

bassman
13-Apr-2006, 03:51 PM
The police officer zombie in the liquor store....GREAT walk. I loved it.

The band zombies are also great. I connected with those and really felt sorry for them, somehow.:shifty:

Mortis
13-Apr-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to meeting her in a few months.

oh yes. #9 is quite the sexy zombie

and she's not bad out of character, either!!!!

DjfunkmasterG
13-Apr-2006, 04:38 PM
I have to go with the majority...

#9, she is the only reason to committ necrophelia.

bassman
13-Apr-2006, 04:47 PM
I have to go with the majority...

#9, she is the only reason to committ necrophelia.

......Seek help, immediately

You guys are sick:lol:

rikimaru
13-Apr-2006, 09:32 PM
i liked the clown personaly... :)

DeadCentral
14-Apr-2006, 12:33 AM
Naaaahhh, during that scene, the little kid Zombie outside the window that hisses at Mouse before the clown munches ....Kid was butt ugly, great make-up...

glsjaw
14-Apr-2006, 01:09 AM
coolest idea i liked for a zombie was Pez,zippo,flip top, what ever you want to call him, the one at the bridge

Deadman_Deluxe
14-Apr-2006, 02:36 PM
So plenty of cool zombies to choose from in this movie ... more than your average zombie movie i would say.

Which says something else, considering that zombie movies SHOULD be about the actual zombies themselves and not just superior character development, plot, action, CGI, breastusus, keeping studio executives happy etc etc.

Note the obvious exception and no votes for BD as fave zombie.

Adrenochrome
14-Apr-2006, 02:44 PM
Note the obvious exception and no votes for BD as fave zombie.

Big Daddy crawled under my skin. I love the movie, but, BD roared like a "Hollywood Boogeyman" way too much for my liking! On the commentary, don't they complain about Eugene Clark not being able to keep his "zombie walk" for more than one take?

bassman
14-Apr-2006, 02:46 PM
Big Daddy crawled under my skin. I love the movie, but, BD roared like a "Hollywood Boogeyman" way too much for my liking! On the commentary, don't they complain about Eugene Clark not being able to keep his "zombie walk" for more than one take?

I think everyone could agree on this...

And yeah, seems like I remember them talking like they weren't too pleased with Clark as Big Daddy.

Deadman_Deluxe
14-Apr-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah,

It is such a shame, but i guess most of us seen this coming and expected it :(

Eugene Clark is most likely a great guy, great actor, great singer ... whatever he does i am sure he puts his utmost effort into it, but i was not really that keen on him taking the role of lead zombie ... but then this is possibly the fault of the casting department?

The Eugene Clark character SHOULD have been one of Big Daddys henchmen, that would have worked fine ... but from over one hundred (probably a lot more) zombies, i think he was possibly the worst choice for the lead zombie even though i fully understand WHY he was chosen.

I can handle the walking/roaring ... no problems. But he just didn't look good enough to take the starring role as lead zombie and get so much screen time with so many close ups.

Hell ... even DJ Funkmaster looked better than big daddy and had far superior make up FX, as did most of the other lesser zombies, and he was cut from the movie and didnt get one single second of screentime!

All things said ... GAR should have insisted that they stick with the original Big Daddy prototype sketches (BD was originally mexican with one arm. Kinda like a one armed mexican bandit which would have earnt him the AKA of "Fruit Machine" hahaha) and used a different actor for that part.

The Big Daddy character portrayal was the main let down for me personally, which is even more of a shame because Big Daddy was ALWAYS going to be the most predominant zombie throughout the entire movie.

EvilNed
15-Apr-2006, 12:48 AM
They never mention being displeased about Big Daddy. Romero seems pretty good with directing, so if he realized that the zombie roaring didn't work he would have told Clark to stop doing it. I think it suits sometimes, but must the damn zombie roar constantly?

Anyway, on the commentary they mention that it was difficult to find the good takes for Big Daddy because they weren't really sure what walk was "to human" and what was "to zombie", or something to that effect. It seemed to be a problem they all had during filming, deciding just how Big Daddy should walk. In the end, I don't think he ever really walks un-zombie like but he doesn't shamble as much as Bub did.

Adrenochrome
15-Apr-2006, 11:57 AM
In the end, I don't think he ever really walks un-zombie like but he doesn't shamble as much as Bub did.
IMHO, he walks too much like a "stereotypical Hollywood zombie"; or, someone trying to imitate the "Karloff Frankenstien Monster Walk".

EvilNed
15-Apr-2006, 01:54 PM
I think he walks like a zombie with a goal. Especially in the scene where he first heads for Fiddler's Green. Great shot, by the way.

scoracrasia
15-Apr-2006, 05:32 PM
Pezhead and the cop in the packy were cool.

HLS
24-Apr-2006, 10:59 PM
I know monroezombie was a zombie extra in it. he made a cool zombie according to the photo he sent me. I have not picked him out of the movie yet. I wonder how married live is treating him:D

Guido
24-Apr-2006, 11:04 PM
i must admit, when i first read the topic, i immediately thought of the chick.. number 9, as you guys refer to her.

Combat Zombie
26-Apr-2006, 12:16 AM
#9 and the Simon Pegg zombie. 'Twas fun to see him on screen as a zombie himself. But, that sexy beast #9 is the only zombie keeping ol' Simon from being my only favorite. :D

And as for BD, he's not on my favorite list, but he is far from being on the "zombies I do not like" list.

Danny
28-Apr-2006, 09:39 AM
simon pegg zombie!!!

a1150
28-Apr-2006, 11:23 AM
Big Daddy.:cool:

TexasZombie
28-Apr-2006, 09:15 PM
I got a kick out the butcher zombie. His enthusiasm was contagious.

TZ

thxleo
28-Apr-2006, 09:52 PM
I think the one with the gash in the forehead, to the right of Number 9 is cool myself.
http://www.eugeneaclark.com/images/gallery/lotd11.jpg

DjfunkmasterG
28-Apr-2006, 10:11 PM
I think the one with the gash in the forehead, to the right of Number 9 is cool myself.
http://www.eugeneaclark.com/images/gallery/lotd11.jpg

The ugly one?

:D :p j/k

Nice Make-up job there Lee. Pretty nasty. Looks pretty gruesome.

thxleo
28-Apr-2006, 10:59 PM
The ugly one?

:D :p j/k

Nice Make-up job there Lee. Pretty nasty. Looks pretty gruesome.

Thanks! It was, as you know, an awesome experience. :)

Spider Rico
28-Apr-2006, 11:09 PM
I liked the little dead kid by the docks.

DjfunkmasterG
28-Apr-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks! It was, as you know, an awesome experience. :)

That is one thing I can say I really loved about LAND... being a part of it. I just wished the movie would have been better. I will never forget the experience... Something I will cherish for a long time.

Moon Knight
29-Apr-2006, 05:29 PM
I think the cop zombie was amazing. It was really creepy watching it bite the flesh of the young man's forearm and enjoying it.

#9 was awesome as well, along with that elderly female creature early in the film.

Adrenochrome
30-Apr-2006, 12:52 AM
#9 was awesome as well, along with that elderly female creature early in the film.
The old chicka in the park before the "raid"???; kinda looked toward the "skyflowers" and moaned a bit? I loved the animatronic zombies in Land - gave me the feeling that they'd been part of the first ones to turn.

Oh, ....#9.....I'd do her.

Danny
30-Apr-2006, 10:29 AM
yep, yep right there andrenochrome y'see thats whats known as "one toe over the line":lol:

Adrenochrome
30-Apr-2006, 01:58 PM
yep, yep right there andrenochrome y'see thats whats known as "one toe over the line":lol:
0/` One toe over the line, Sweet Jesus. / One toe over the line. / Sittin' downtown in a railway station, one toe over the line......0/`

oh my, I need more coffee.......:dead:

DjfunkmasterG
30-Apr-2006, 02:11 PM
Oh, ....#9.....I'd do her.

I have said it before and I will say it again. She is the only reason to consider Necrophilia. :D

Tullaryx
01-May-2006, 04:25 PM
I always wondered, was Number 9 a zombie that had only recently turned.

Spider Rico
02-May-2006, 01:05 PM
She had to have been dead for years. I mean who would go out in the middle of a zombie uprising to play softball?

Hawkboy
04-May-2006, 08:44 PM
Easily the Softball Zombie (Or #9 is her character name i guess).

I say this because sheis SUPER hot in real life and is all over commercials here in Canada.
http://www.celebstation.org/actresses/jennifer_baxter/jennifer_baxter-4.jpg

Moon Knight
06-May-2006, 09:29 PM
She had to have been dead for years. I mean who would go out in the middle of a zombie uprising to play softball?

Agreed.

However, she doesn't look like she'd been dead for years. Maybe it's a comment on blondes.

FleshMask
25-May-2006, 05:31 PM
Mine was the one that bit the hispanic dude and I rather liked the band players in the gazibo.

That hispanic dude was Italian...

He was Savani (hope I spelled that right), the man who did the makeup for all the Romero movies... ever since the begining (Night of the living dead).

Savani also did a cameo on the original Dawn of the Dead, and as the same biker character.

That's why the closeup was on him....

The Shaun of Dead guys, also did a cameo in Land of the Dead as well... Lucky Bastards.

DjfunkmasterG
25-May-2006, 05:35 PM
#9 still my fave zombie

bassman
25-May-2006, 05:39 PM
That hispanic dude was Italian...

He was Savani (hope I spelled that right), the man who did the makeup for all the Romero movies... ever since the begining (Night of the living dead).

Savani also did a cameo on the original Dawn of the Dead, and as the same biker character.

You're wrong on a few things. Tom Savini didn't do the effects for "Night of the Living Dead". He did the effects for "Dawn of the Dead" and he played the character of "Blades". It was actually more of a role rather than a cameo.

But anyway, as far a Romero's Dead films go, Savini only did the effects for "Dawn" and "Day". Nicotero(His apprentice, basically) did the effects for "Land".

And oh yeah, Savini directed the "Night" remake.

FleshMask
25-May-2006, 05:42 PM
And oh yeah, Savini directed the "Night" remake.

I stand corrected...

LouCipherr
25-May-2006, 07:21 PM
#9, by far was my favorite zombie. Her and the one tambourine zombie in the gazebo. I liked the way he moved. :D

Brubaker
10-Sep-2006, 07:34 PM
I always wondered, was Number 9 a zombie that had only recently turned.

Nah, I assume ALL of those zombies in town during the raid were pretty long in the tooth. It had probably been a year or two since they last found a living human in the area. Considering that any people on the raids who got bit would have been shot in the head, you wouldn't have seen any new zombies created in that area for a very long time. The only available zombie recruits would have been leftover people who originally lived in the town or stumbled into it on accident. All those people were gone.

Oh, my favorite zombie was Brubaker. Love that limb-chewing scene. HE should have played the lead zombie :D Would have been good to at least see him join in on the raid in the Green.

jim102016
12-Sep-2006, 03:54 AM
#9 is Jennifer Baxter.

Pretty hot chick....

TheWalkingDude
12-Sep-2006, 04:30 AM
Savini as a Zombie was my fav and old flip top:elol: :elol: :elol:

MinionZombie
12-Sep-2006, 10:48 AM
I'll throw my hat into the #9 ring, she is indeed a babe ... even as a zombie ... she's the first cute zombie. :):p

I'd give her an inappropriate cuddle. :lol:

Danny
12-Sep-2006, 04:38 PM
i liked the zombie couple at the start even though they were dead they still carried on the same...awww....

WHAT THE **** AM I SAYING!, BIG DADDY OF COURSE!

Maitreya
14-Sep-2006, 11:58 PM
Blades... Simply because even as a zombie, he's still a badass.

How sick was that, he just machetes the **** out of people!

Fulcifan91
15-Sep-2006, 12:00 AM
Definatly the tambourine zombie, he has been my favorite since i first saw it in theaters.

capncnut
14-Oct-2006, 11:12 PM
The female who groans outside the gazebo at the beginning.

Danny
15-Oct-2006, 12:03 AM
im surprised how many like dthe opening as it was fairly away from the typical romero horror fair.

Chakobsa
15-Oct-2006, 12:31 AM
For me the bandstand trio stood out as they formed a blackly humourous tableau that reminded me of the excellent comic book series of the late 80s/early 90s, "Beautiful Stories For Ugly Children".

Written by Dave Louapre and illustrated by Dan Sweetman, the monthly comics were published by D.C's Piranha Press.

It's volume II that struck a chord with me; entitled "The Dead Johnsons Big Incredible Day". The protagonists where a dead couple called "Clyde" and "Marguritte" and their dog, "Tippy".
The dedication was to " George A. Romero, the man who invented dead people."

My point is that those guys recognized that GAR "humanized" the dead, and were inspired to created one of their strangely beautiful books. The zombies in the opening few minutes of "Land" reminded me of the tragi/comic protagonists of their work. Check it out.

BTW, #9 gets my vote for zombie hottie.:D .
Best comedy zombie in "land" has got to be the "Mexican" lawnmower zombie that Cholo shoots from "Dead Reckoning".

DjfunkmasterG
16-Oct-2006, 10:59 AM
Hell ... even DJ Funkmaster looked better than big daddy and had far superior make up FX, as did most of the other lesser zombies, and he was cut from the movie and didnt get one single second of screentime!

That make-up was cool as hell. But I was not cut from the film. on the UK release I am not in the film, but that is because they passed off the US R-rated cut as the UNRATED CUT in the UK. :lol:

In the R rated cut I show up near the truck at the bridge, in the US UNRATED I am at the fence and the truck. You guys got screwed on your UK edition. Your edition that is supposedly unrated doesn't have the cholo apartment scene, which frankly could have been left out, but I am not complaining that wasn't a super bad scene but it wasn't great either.

As far as cool zombies, besides #9, I would have to say the cop zombie was my second fave. He just looked nasty, but I know whats been buggin me about LAND lately. I watched it last night before I went to bed. The zombies... their clothes in some scenes don't look DIRTY or raggedy enough for 3 years+ worth of wear & tear. Even BD's coveralls weren't that soiled. Are we to believe he never ate anyone in 3 years, and that the stains just disappeared overtime?

That hit me last night and I have to say that is some piss poor continutiy problems with a zombie time line. They should have looked more disgusting. I don't blame Romero for this... well he has to take a little blame for it, but definitely the costume department should have their ass handed to them for that oopsy.

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2006, 11:13 AM
It's a good thing I have the region 1 unrated edition then! :eek: Damn, Region 2 always gets screwed over!

I still like #9, she purdy...hyuck. :p

Zombie Snack
17-Oct-2006, 12:31 AM
I think the kid zombie or the cop zombie at the liquor store are the ones that stuck in my mind the most.

dracenstein
05-Nov-2006, 02:59 PM
If you are referring to Cholo 'killing' the suicide zombie, it is in the UK dvd. I have it.

My favourite zombies are the No 9 zombie and the 'headless' zombie.

frequentc
07-Feb-2007, 09:51 AM
Police Officer zombie in the liquor store. Hands down. Everything about his performance is how I picture the perfect zombie in my head.

The way he rips into Mike's hand was beautiful. It appeared as though he had no soul whatsoever. As if he really was dead and was running on nothing but instinct.

acealive1
17-May-2007, 10:17 PM
i yelled like crazy when blade walksed into shot when i was in the theatre

Cody
18-May-2007, 06:05 PM
the ones that were not smart.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 01:28 AM
The chick with the gaping hole in the side of her mouth... Easy access..:elol: