PDA

View Full Version : Sig sizes

MikePizzoff
22-Nov-2007, 04:37 PM
Why is it that I see multiple members with signatures far larger than mine ever was and nothing is happening to them? But when I had mine Kaos took it upon himself to remove it. I just find it pretty unfair.

Andy
22-Nov-2007, 05:27 PM
Unfortunatly we have no automated way to moderate signature sizes, so it really is down to staff and member judgement, however as a guide we do ask that images are no larger than 200 pixels and your sensible with text and links.

If you do find someone elses signiture is too large, feel free to PM a member of staff and we will investigate, let me investigate what happened with yours, it might be the case that it was removed before we changed our rules a while back, in which case you are welcome to restore it.

capncnut
22-Nov-2007, 08:37 PM
My sig was under the accepted dimesnsions and I was still made to reduce it. :rolleyes:

Kaos
23-Nov-2007, 03:37 PM
My sig was under the accepted dimesnsions and I was still made to reduce it. :rolleyes:
Your sig picture may have been, but your entire signature was not. Neil has rules regarding the entire size of the signature.

We generally let it go if it is 50% above it. If you want to try something out, let me know.

capncnut
25-Nov-2007, 02:23 AM
Naw, it's okay. I can't even remember what my sig was back then. At the end of the day I agree on the sig issue, it should be a banner and not a full image.

Eyebiter
26-Nov-2007, 09:47 AM
Your sig picture may have been, but your entire signature was not. Neil has rules regarding the entire size of the signature.

We generally let it go if it is 50% above it. If you want to try something out, let me know.

Says the man with the three inch sig...

:lol:

bassman
26-Nov-2007, 12:59 PM
Says the man with the three inch sig...

So I see that mike is the one that ratted me out. Had to change mine. Thanks, bud.:mad::p

Seriously.....we wouldn't want people to have to scroll one more extra time to see the next post.:rolleyes:

Kaos
26-Nov-2007, 01:10 PM

So I see that mike is the one that ratted me out. Had to change mine. Thanks, bud.:mad::p

Seriously.....we wouldn't want people to have to scroll one more extra time to see the next post.:rolleyes:

Let me do the math for you guys:

2 inches + 50% is 3 inches. If your sigs were 3 inches no one would say anything. Your sig was approaching 4 inches.

I use my signature as a measure of everyone elses. If you have a signature larger than mine, then it must be reduced. I could reduce my signature to 1 and a half inches no problem.

If everyone wants the strict 2 inch measure enforced, I will be happy to comply. :evil:

Now, here is some tissue for you and Eyebiter. :rolleyes:

bassman
26-Nov-2007, 01:19 PM
Let me do the math for you guys:

2 inches + 50% is 3 inches. If your sigs were 3 inches no one would say anything. Your sig was approaching 4 inches.

I use my signature as a measure of everyone elses. If you have a signature larger than mine, then it must be reduced. I could reduce my signature to 1 and a half inches no problem.

If everyone wants the strict 2 inch measure enforced, I will be happy to comply. :evil:

Now, here is some tissue for you and Eyebiter. :rolleyes:

Calm down, chief. It was just a bit of fun. Don't let your power of signatures get to your head, now.:p

My new sig work?

Kaos
26-Nov-2007, 01:31 PM
Calm down, chief. It was just a bit of fun. Don't let your power of signatures get to your head, now.:p

My new sig work?
It looks dandy! Did you actually create that one?

Actually we could reduce the image size of your other graphic to 3 inches if you prefer the look of the other one.

bassman
26-Nov-2007, 01:41 PM
It looks dandy! Did you actually create that one?

Actually we could reduce the image size of your other graphic to 3 inches if you prefer the look of the other one.

Nah, I didn't make it. It's from a magazine article.

I'll keep this one.

Andy
26-Nov-2007, 09:53 PM
Just think yourselves lucky i didn't get my way or else signiture images would be disabled altogether.

:p :elol:

27-Nov-2007, 01:23 AM
sigs are lame.
personally i'm more interested in the meat-n-potatoes of the post, not the little parsely leaf that everyone just puts to the side of the plate.

also the stupid smilies are sooooo last decade.:rolleyes: