PDA

View Full Version : Other places to submit zombie fiction...

dannoofthedead
23-Nov-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm looking for some other places to submit zombie (and other horror) fiction. While I've had some success in locating a handful of places it just seems like an abbreviated list. HPOTD is so far the best I've found in the zombie genre but its a pretty big crap shoot after that. The few other promising leads I've come across are all either defunct or refuse to give any sort of response to any queries.

So, anyone know where to look?

Relic
23-Nov-2007, 04:37 AM
This place is special. It's the only place I allow my fiction to be published for free, and that's only because of the feedback/ratings. Most free-fiction places don't allow this. It's just a place to put up your story and name. One that I like to read is www.buried.com. Lot of writers on this site have published stories there. But that's about it. But that place is inferior to HPOD, simple because of the rating, as well as this forum dedicated to fiction.

Legion2213
23-Nov-2007, 04:15 PM
http://www.fanfiction.net/

Any good to you?

Relic is spot on though, this place is tops for good zombie fiction. The average quality of the stories here is excellent IMO

dannoofthedead
25-Nov-2007, 04:17 AM
Relic is spot on though, this place is tops for good zombie fiction. The average quality of the stories here is excellent IMO

Oh yeah, no doubt about that. I'm just hoping to get my stories in somewhere that might eventual lead me into a paying market. I've got a couple in at Dark Wisdom but they've just recently closed to submissions and announced that they are overstocked so I'm pretty well boned there.

I guess I'm just looking for something, either on the net or in print, that might lead to a larger group of readers.

And the links are helpful. Thanks.