PDA

View Full Version : War of the worlds live...

Tricky
15-Dec-2007, 12:47 PM
I went to see the Jeff waynes musical version of war of the worlds at sheffield arena last night,very good & very powerful!the huge martian fighting machine on stage is impressive & of course the music is all being performed live,justin hayward hasnt lost his voice at all over the years!
Heres a clip i found on youtube of it from last years tour,they've vastly improved the richard burton thing this time round though,rather than it being an actual head with his face projected on it,its a very realistic CGI version of him projected against a clear screen in front of the stage
vC4T1Z6MQ9U

well worth seeing if you get chance to go!

capncnut
15-Dec-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I'm going on the 22nd. Well looking forward to it mate. :cool:

They got the original guitarist on the tour, Chris Spedding, and he's absolutely s**t hot. Really, some of the solos he pulls off (especially during The Artilleryman And The Fighting Machine) are nothing short of mind melting. And talking of the Artilleryman, the fella that plays him, Alexis James, totally steals the show now.

So, what was the new parson like?

Tricky
24-Dec-2007, 09:39 AM
What did you think to it then Capn?enjoy it?i thought the new parson was good actually,aside from his strange facial hair,he had a very strong voice!the girl who plays beth is absolutely gorgeous as well :D

capncnut
25-Dec-2007, 06:47 PM
It was f**king red hot! The 02 Dome was an utter nightmare though and the acoustics were a bit dull but yeah, I enjoyed it immensely.

The Parson was okay (not as good as Russell Watson and definitely not as good as Phil Lynott) but I was pleased with his performance. Justin Hayward and Chris Thompson were on top form as always, but again Alexis James as The Artilleryman, this guy rules the school! He has truly made that role his own.

Next year will be the 30th anniversary of the album's release and I'm sure Jeff Wayne has something up his sleeve in celebration of it. I go to the official forum quite a bit as they have all the latest info, so I will be keeping my eye out. Even the performers themselves check into the place from time to time.

I like the blonde chick who plays the harp, xzylophone and every other instrument under the sun, she's pure yum!

the girl who plays beth is absolutely gorgeous as well :D
Sinead Quinn? Yeah, too right she is. :D

Tricky
25-Dec-2007, 10:44 PM
I like the blonde chick who plays the harp, xzylophone and every other instrument under the sun, she's pure yum!

Sinead Quinn? Yeah, too right she is. :D

:D capn knows the score!

capncnut
26-Dec-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.ilikemusic.com/images/article_images/full/sinead.jpg
Yeah, Sinead won Fame Academy a few years ago. Even though I detest that show with a passion, I still wouldn't mind probing her with me Martian tentacle. :D

http://the-raft.com/assets/artists/julia_thornton/pix/juliathornton01.jpg
Julia is a statuesque robot of a woman, multi-talented too. This girl is so hot, she out-heats the Heat Ray!

Neil
09-Jan-2008, 06:33 PM
There's still talk of a CGI film of this isn't there?

capncnut
10-Jan-2008, 08:57 PM
Yes, the CGI movie is still in the works and is set to feature a new cast (perhaps the current cast) in full blown movie using all the songs from the album. There should some new information soon.

Neil
14-Jan-2008, 07:47 PM
Yes, the CGI movie is still in the works and is set to feature a new cast (perhaps the current cast) in full blown movie using all the songs from the album. There should some new information soon.

I hope they've been wise enough to do it in 3D as well!

SymphonicX
17-Jan-2008, 11:47 AM
used to work with a director who's best mates with Jeff wayne...love WOTW...fantastic album, haven't seen the live show but have the DVD and loved it...great stuff