PDA

View Full Version : World War Z script review

Neil
20-Dec-2007, 10:41 AM
IESB.net posted their thoughts on J. Michael Straczynski's script for the film adaptation of 'World War Z'.

World War Z, as a screenplay, is the greatest handling of the living dead since Romero’s quadrilogy. And the first zombie script to have me wondering “Can a zombie film win an Oscar?”

This script is done, there, at the level of perfection. The final greatness of this project is no longer in Straczynski’s hands: he’s done his job. He’s delivered a piece of screenwriting that, if translated correctly, will have affected a genre classic. We can all now only pray that this gets the director it deserves: Ridley Scott, David Fincher, Spielberg (Just hear me out - “Munich” Spielberg), Soderbergh – someone capable of handling a political thriller/David Lean style epic with an edge, which just happens to have a zombie outbreak as a backdrop – and that it is, by God, not messed with…

Just need to hope Brad Pitt's production company (Plan B Entertainment) don't drop the ball now on this project!

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3947&Itemid=99

MontagMOI
20-Dec-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks Neil. I have high hopes for this as a film, i loved the book. The cynic in me says it will probably be messed up by some hack but i am going to roll with blind optimism on this one :)