PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead To Go Straight To DVD!?!?

3pidemiC
30-Dec-2007, 04:36 AM
Just found this on Upcominghorrormovies.com...

It looks like the film is bypassing the supposed theatrical release and going straight to DVD via First Look Home Entertainment on April 8th. So far, you can expect a commentary track with writer Jeffrey Reddick, director Steve Miner and some of the cast members. An "Internet Only" trailer and alternate ending will also make an appearance. Take a look above for the DVD artwork.

DVD Art:
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/dayofthedeaddvd.jpg

If this is true I will be so happy! It's not a fire, but at least this film is going where it deserves...

SymphonicX
30-Dec-2007, 10:10 AM
yeah in the bargain basement....

Legion2213
30-Dec-2007, 11:26 AM
Good.

Dawn 04 was was a decent movie, would've been 10 times better if they'd called it something else.

As for "day of the vegetarian friendly zombies" or whatever it's called...pfff, DVD is too good for this obscenity. Thank God it won't be given more publicity than it deserves though. :ukk:

EvilNed
30-Dec-2007, 02:19 PM
Didn't the film cost too much for the company to at least want to give it a try?

And I'm a bit pissed about people not even giving this film a chance. Of course you're going to hate it when you see it. You've already made up your minds about it.

Doc
30-Dec-2007, 04:45 PM
I again say YAY! :D SO is anybody here gonna buy it?

capncnut
30-Dec-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah, for the collection. :(

jim102016
30-Dec-2007, 07:57 PM
Great news if its true.

Fu*ck that movie, I don't care what anyone says. It deserves to go right to the crap pile.

Legion2213
31-Dec-2007, 09:39 PM
Vogue!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j198/sirjacktorrance/nwp_dotd20lg.jpg

capncnut
01-Jan-2008, 02:42 PM
Vogue!
I guess that's Steve Miner's way of saluting Bub. :lol:

We need to put this guy in kangaroo court or something, especially when you think of the amount of zombie crimes he's guilty of:

Runners (the biggest crime of all)
Jumpers (these zombs can jump off roof's! :eek:)
Drivers (apparently they can drive in Day 07)
Gravity Defiers (running on the ceiling is just plain stupid, ask Lionel Richie :rolleyes:)
Vegetarians (zombs that don't eat flesh? wtf?)
Talkers (not sure of this but I think I read somewhere that zombie 'Bud' has a few lines :dead:)
Flamers (shoot one in the head and they go up in smoke ala Dusk 'Till Dawn)
Casting Ving Rhames again (this one speaks for itself)

Yeah, I think we all knew this movie was headed for the bargain bin!

Doc
01-Jan-2008, 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=capncnut;125032]Jumpers (these zombs can jump off roof's! :eek:)
Drivers (apparently they can drive in Day 07)
Gravity Defiers (running on the ceiling is just plain stupid, ask Lionel Richie :rolleyes:)
Vegetarians (zombs that don't eat flesh? wtf?)
Talkers (not sure of this but I think I read somewhere that zombie 'Bud' has a few lines :dead:)
Flamers (shoot one in the head and they go up in smoke ala Dusk 'Till Dawn)
Casting Ving Rhames again (this one speaks for itself)

:) :stunned: :eek: :barf: :hurl: :dead: :skull:

You call this one the biggest crime of all when the other ones after it are even worse!

capncnut
01-Jan-2008, 04:57 PM
You call this one the biggest crime of all when the other ones after it are even worse!
Well I think it's the biggest crime 'cos if the Runner wasn't invented then zombie films would still be scary. It's that kind of nonsense that spouts trash like Day 07.

livingdeadboy
02-Jan-2008, 12:38 AM
The cover for the DVD is dreadful...I thought it was a joke.

DjfunkmasterG
02-Jan-2008, 12:33 PM
Well I think it's the biggest crime 'cos if the Runner wasn't invented then zombie films would still be scary. It's that kind of nonsense that spouts trash like Day 07.

Thats a poor argument capn. The runner is what made zombie films scary again, and opened a whole new audience to these movies.

bassman
02-Jan-2008, 12:41 PM
Thats a poor argument capn. The runner is what made zombie films scary again, and opened a whole new audience to these movies.

I think Capn is right. The Runner did ruin the horror genre of zombie films. All it did was turn zombie horror films into action films with cheap scares.

capncnut
02-Jan-2008, 02:27 PM
Runners, 'Twitchers', whatever these poxy things are called, have taken all the character out of a creepy monster and placed them in the same category as rabies sufferers or football hooligans. For me it doesn't work, it's laughable and I find it far, far, faaar from scary.

Buy hey, each to their own! :D

SymphonicX
02-Jan-2008, 05:36 PM
Well I'll watch this with an open mind, but to be honest there's not much use in getting my hopes up - hey at least it'll be cheaper than a cinema ticket and you get a handy place mat for your coffee or tea afterwards!!

Doc
13-Jan-2008, 03:56 AM
I think Capn is right. The Runner did ruin the horror genre of zombie films. All it did was turn zombie horror films into action films with cheap scares. Uh....Ain't that how all horror films are these days?:confused:

Ezrick
22-Jan-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm not a big fan of runners. At least with actual zombies, I thought it worked well in the 28 series and they get called zombie flicks. However, I prefer the slow zombie it makes more sense to me.

As far as this movie goes I don't expect it to be a good movie, even it wasn't a bastardization of Romero's classic. Especially if they can do all that crap. But, I will certainly see the movie. I mean you have to right?

jim102016
22-Jan-2008, 08:50 PM

Captain is correct, to hell with runners. Not thrilled with the "new audience" since they didn't really know what they were looking at anyway. It did cheapen things.

There are plenty of half-ass dead' films, what bugs me the most is that this piece of s*it shares the exact title of a quality film that I revere. Think of all the great lines Joe Pilato delivers then think about Steve Miner putting the same title on his bucket of diarrhea....

Mike70
23-Jan-2008, 12:56 AM
not really surprising that this is going to go to DVD. how long has this movie been completed for? a long time. how many release rumors and/or dates have we heard about? plenty. that usually indicates a movie that has some serious problems.

ProfessorChaos
23-Jan-2008, 02:32 AM
i'll admit, i'm still a bit surprised that a movie with mena suvari, ving rhames, and nick cannon is going straight to dvd...not that i think that any of them are worthwhile actors, as a matter of fact, i think they all suck (rhames was good in pulp fiction, but other than that, he's pretty much as one-dimensional as ben stiller). it's just that these actors are all well-known among most ignorant-a$$ teens, which is who this crap-fest is aimed at.

oh well, it will suck major moose co(k no matter what. i'd be super stoked if they just scrapped the whole thing altogether.

*crosses fingers*

Doc
23-Jan-2008, 02:49 AM
it's just that these actors are all well-known among most ignorant-a$$ teens, which is who this crap-fest is aimed at. Really then its not working because all the sites I've seen not even the ignorant-a$$ teens like it!:lol:

oh well, it will suck major moose co(k no matter what. i'd be super stoked if they just scrapped the whole thing altogether. You said it man!:thumbsup:

jim102016
23-Jan-2008, 03:29 AM
Really then its not working because all the sites I've seen not even the ignorant-a$$ teens like it!:lol:

You said it man!:thumbsup:

Good, f*ck them! :elol:

SRP76
23-Jan-2008, 03:50 AM
Runners: unnecessary. They don't "make it scary". You could have had shamblers in Dawn'04, and it wouldn't have made it "less scary" at all. The situation wouldn't have changed.

As for all that OTHER crap that is supposedly in this film: WTF are they thinking?! Bad, bad, bad. No good to be found in it.

clanglee
23-Jan-2008, 03:53 AM
Alright, I hear a lot of Sh*t talking about Ving Rhames. I have to step up and defend the guy. He is often typecast, but he is a really good actor. Most of his BS tough guy roles are obviously one dimensional, but has anyone here even seen The Don King movie? Ving was freakin awesome in that movie!!! Give the guy a break now. Not to mention, this is Marcellus Wallus we are talking about here. :shifty:

SRP76
23-Jan-2008, 04:07 AM
Best Ving Rhames movie:

The People Under the Stairs

....I know, he didn't have a huge part, but the movie was cool.

ANNA: I don't know what do do! Steve is being an ass, the chick with the dog is flipping out, and Andy is starving across the street...

VING: You ain't got nuthin' to worry about, Anna. Go out there and chill them muthaf*ckas out, and wait for C.J., who will be arriving directly.

Skippy911sc
24-Jan-2008, 01:36 PM
Best Ving Rhames movie:

The People Under the Stairs

....I know, he didn't have a huge part, but the movie was cool.

ANNA: I don't know what do do! Steve is being an ass, the chick with the dog is flipping out, and Andy is starving across the street...

VING: You ain't got nuthin' to worry about, Anna. Go out there and chill them muthaf*ckas out, and wait for C.J., who will be arriving directly.

What about Striptease?? Rhames was the $hit!!!

ILoVeZoMbiE
25-Jan-2008, 12:51 PM
Runners :barf:

Ivarr
25-Jan-2008, 09:36 PM
I always love seeing people say "I hate running zombies!"

If I had a horde of them after me ... I would pray that they not be able to run either!

For the record... I do like slow moving zombies, but I do understand ZS'es comment on why his zombies run .... something about not being able to feel pain.... tendons snaping... all they know is that they see prey and the endless hunger.....

But I do see both sides.

In the stories I am writing... my zombies do not run. But its an artistic choice. The "Infected" in the "28" movies were frightening because they were like rabid wolves running down a dear.

Once they locked onto you ... its over Johnny :) (But at least quickly)

But the slower "Romero" zombie ... is easy to keep away from till his brothers and sisters find you too. Sure you can run... but they never sleep. You will break down eventually from the stress and constant fear till the hoplessness sets in ... You know you are going to die... painfully and there is nothing you can do about it.

So you can see in my examples, the runner is good for fast action and quick scares...

The walker is better for sustained terror and drama.

But DVD or Theater release... I will not be able to resist going to see it ... because I want to give it a chance. I will descide for myself if its ****e.

mcurio
27-Jan-2008, 05:42 PM
hey at least it'll be cheaper than a cinema ticket and you get a handy place mat for your coffee or tea afterwards!!

Well, Amazon.com has the Day of the Dead remake on sale for $26.00, so it doesn't seem like it is goning to be cheaper than a theater ticket--and most cinemas now have cup holders :D

Mike70
27-Jan-2008, 08:13 PM
Well, Amazon.com has the Day of the Dead remake on sale for $26.00, so it doesn't seem like it is goning to be cheaper than a theater ticket--and most cinemas now have cup holders :D

$26.00??!! damn it that overpriced to hell and back or what...maybe for $14.99 or so but $26.00 and that is on sale? that is outfookingrageous.

just looked this up too, regular price $29.00!

Day of the Dead (2007)
Starring: Ving Rhames, Mena Suvari Director: Steve Miner Rating R

See all customer reviews...
4.0 out of 5 stars 1 customer review (1 customer review)
List Price: $28.98
Price: $26.09 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $2.89 (10%)
Special Offers Available
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Details
Availability: This title will be released on April 8, 2008. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

jim102016
28-Jan-2008, 03:11 AM
$26.00??!! damn it that overpriced to hell and back or what...maybe for $14.99 or so but $26.00 and that is on sale? that is outfookingrageous.

just looked this up too, regular price $29.00!

Day of the Dead (2007)
Starring: Ving Rhames, Mena Suvari Director: Steve Miner Rating R

See all customer reviews...
4.0 out of 5 stars 1 customer review (1 customer review)
List Price: $28.98
Price: $26.09 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $2.89 (10%)
Special Offers Available
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Details
Availability: This title will be released on April 8, 2008. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

$26.00 buys a lot of toilet paper. Wait until the summer, it'll be in the $1.99 section.

Mike70
15-Feb-2008, 05:37 PM
ok. i have watched this sheyat fest 1 1/2 times now (couldn't make it through a second viewing) and straight to DVD is too good for this craptastic mess. this movie demands a format as special as it is...so it ought to be released on betamax or better yet, shot into the sun along with the perpetrators of this travesty.

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2008, 05:42 PM
Why did you start watching it ... a second time? :eek::confused::rockbrow::shifty:

capncnut
15-Feb-2008, 05:46 PM
I didn't keep it on my computer in case it infected it in some way.

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2008, 06:12 PM
lol, give it scabies or something, eh? :lol:

Mike70
15-Feb-2008, 06:42 PM
Why did you start watching it ... a second time? :eek::confused::rockbrow::shifty:

a sick sense of visual self-flagellation perhaps. i usually will try to give movies two views- sometimes they do grow on you. plus i was so flabbergasted by the first run through that i told myself "there is no way that something could be so horrible." i was wrong.

but the only growth this one is bound to inspire is the pain and burning itch of athlete's foot.

i am really convinced that the preview haters got it all wrong- they didn't go far enough. there are not words of disgust strong enough (in any language) to heap upon this film.

it has since gone into the trash and off to digital oblivion.

Legion2213
15-Feb-2008, 10:23 PM

Quality. :lol:

bd2999
17-Feb-2008, 01:08 AM
I just want to know who the people are on Amazon ranking it so high. Are the film crew doing this? Trying to create interest to the casual zombie fan? I think the release of this movie should be considered a war crime in every country in the world. Even the ones that are notorious for war crimes.