PDA

View Full Version : New Look and New Tony Todd Interview

DeadCentral
16-Apr-2006, 04:47 AM
Ok I've updated my page a bit an released an interview I had mentioned a few weeks ago with Tony. DEAD-CENTRAL.COM (http://DEAD-CENTRAL.COM)
Click the interview links, if this is your first visit please ..you may have to click each name twice for the page to display, something about the loader I'm using that I haven't quite worked out.

Svengoolie
16-Apr-2006, 03:09 PM
I'll check it out.;)

axlish
16-Apr-2006, 11:18 PM
No offense ateball, but I liked the old newspaper look of your site best.

Cool interview. I met him a couple of years ago, off beat guy for sure. Very careful of his use of words, and articulate as hell.

DeadCentral
17-Apr-2006, 12:29 AM
I had to change that a while back when the DAYGANG site was launched..it seems their designer couldn't come up with an original design and pretty much copied mine to a "T"
This one is only partially finished, I have some truly AWESOME artwork in production for it Axlish, I mean friggin awesome , check out the artists' site:

www.jimstigall.com (http://www.jimstigall.com/)

Jimifly has agreed to create some art specifically for my D-C.COM site, thats why the main page only has some text and none of the movie pages are active yet, I have to integrate all of it into the animations I have planned...keep checking it out periodically, I think you'll approve of this new version ....

Cereval
17-Apr-2006, 03:33 AM
Very cool stuff!

Although, if I may throw something out there ... at 1024X768, I'm almost squinting to read stuff ... perhaps consider a bigger pixel size for graphics and text? Just a suggestion, look awesome otherwise. :skull:

DeadCentral
17-Apr-2006, 09:28 AM
I'll give it a shot Cereval, the actual size of the page is 1024x768 so I'm surprised...
As I have written on the News page, I'm trying some different approaches using Flash 8, and input from you & other folks here helps a bit, in figuring out what seems to work and what doesn't .
I hope you enjoyed the interview though??

Try it now..

Cereval
17-Apr-2006, 02:17 PM
I hope you enjoyed the interview though??

Of course! :D

Try it now..

Now it's extra jumbo! :) I'm not familiar with Flash (as I am with some other formats) so forgive me if this is a stupid question: but can flash generate region size based on user screen resolution or window size? For example, I can make a table in HTML take up 80% of the user's window size, that way I know it'll never be too big. I had to maximize my browser window to see your page. The text is the perfect size, but I have to scroll the menu frame if my window isn't full screen.

Perhaps make a few versions and have a resolution redirect at the entrance? Or maybe just a happy medium (a smidge smaller than now). :)

Just some thoughts, keep up the great work.

DeadCentral
17-Apr-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm trying to find that happy balance somewhere in the middle Cereval.
Thats why I make these posts, to get all you folks' input so I can fix anything I may have overlooked. I appreciate it immensely.