PDA

View Full Version : True Crime: NYC ...

MinionZombie
16-Apr-2006, 04:32 PM
Well, downloaded it a week or so ago now and have just finished the story portion of the game (am around 60-70% on full completion). I've managed to get used to the hideous LAAAAAAAAG you get on outdoor areas, the HORRID control system and the dodgy graphics (vehicles and people that vanish/appear from nowhere etc) and have managed to have some fun with it.

Some of it can be really, really, really, annoying - for example - having to do a mission several times before you complete it because of a bug in the game. There was one mission where this guy was supposed to be climbing up these walls but he kept falling off the edge - got passed it, but damn it was annoying. Other things such as finishing a mission and then the game decides to randomly crash, the lack of inspiration on the designing from also smells distinctly like ass - building interiors will just be the same crap over and over - I couldn't believe it when I entered a block of flats and found the interior of an industrial factory on the inside!

It is fun to arrest people, plant evidence, collect your pay to spend on cars and suchlike, fighting is pretty dull after a while - you BUY the ability to do karate (though it didn't work after I 'bought' karate skills). You have no idea what time of day it is, night and day are also pretty indistinguishable mostly and the voice acting is dodgy in places - but what's worse is the sound. Cars have engines which run on magic air, people's sentences will be cut short or not match to the subtitles, passers by will randomly scream out - and be cut off mid-word - or just flat out swear at me when I've done nothing to deserve it (like searching someone randomly).

The variety of crimes you can attend soon become variations on a theme...which does get tiring, though it's quite fun mostly to go and bust some heads and arrest some folks.

Hmmm...I've ended up bitching more than praising, but the game really is a terrible port from console to PC. The whole execution is awful, and is what really lets the game down. If it had been put together better it'd be of GTA standards.

Bring on Hitman: Blood Money! :elol: