PDA

View Full Version : IF Rhodes had survived

jka12002
16-Apr-2006, 09:06 PM
how would you think Land of the Dead would be like if rhodes was able to escape from the base and found his way to fiddler's green? He may have been a great help to riley and a strong leader against the living dead. this would have sparked a reunion between rhodes and bub

Adrenochrome
16-Apr-2006, 09:16 PM
...would he have still been able to scream, "Choke on 'em!! CHOKE on 'EM!!!!!" in DayOTD?

Tri0xin
16-Apr-2006, 10:03 PM
how would you think Land of the Dead would be like if rhodes was able to escape from the base and found his way to fiddler's green? He may have been a great help to riley and a strong leader against the living dead. this would have sparked a reunion between rhodes and bub
Rhodes would have slit Kaufman's throat and he would have been running the Green!

kortick
16-Apr-2006, 10:22 PM
that would be an interesting

i dont know what would be like

would he be a help or a hindrance to riley?
or would he be one of kaufmans top stooges?

AcesandEights
16-Apr-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow, considering Rhodes was an idiot I'll have to take some serious time to consider this unlikely course of events.

I really don't see him surviving long anywhere after the world was over run. That being said, had he made it to Fiddler's Green or a similar enclave he could very easily run afoul of whoever controls the settlement and this would probably lead him to an untimely end, as people who can organize enclaves of relative safety in a world populated by the undead would probably be highly pragmatic, relatively intelligent, somewhat politically and socially astute, pose some level of danger to those who challenge them (whether in the way of a personal ability with weapons & combat, or in the form of henchmen) and would quite possibly have few moral compunctions when it comes to the idea of liquidating a loud mouthed coward cum troublemaker like Rhodes.

That'd be my best guess :cool:

Deadman_Deluxe
16-Apr-2006, 11:03 PM
I'll have to take some serious time to consider this unlikely course of events.

Rather you than me :lol:

AcesandEights
16-Apr-2006, 11:19 PM
Well, to be fair, on a Sunday my idea of a serious amount of time seems to be about 2 minutes (you know, I have to maximize the few tatters of the weekend still remaining to me).

jka12002
03-Jul-2006, 09:57 PM
if rhodes returned in land, how do you think he would look like

MaximusIncredulous
03-Jul-2006, 10:20 PM
Rhodes would've acquired a new set of buffoons to lapdog him, terrorize Fiddler's, and finally, surprise surprise, flush everything down the toilet while screaming for his eviscerated guts. Yaay zombies. The end.

creepntom
03-Jul-2006, 11:09 PM
what makes you think he could have survived? had he made it to the chopper, you really think they'd have let him on?

his only chance of survival, at best, would have been to go thru the mine like those 3 did, praying he could outrun anything he ran across, so's to save ammo.

then if he was able to make it up the ladder, he'd have to find transportation.

even then, the odds of him making it that far north are vague

kar98k
04-Jul-2006, 01:10 AM
rhodes was a dick, im glad he got killed, and im glad he wasn't in LOTD

Philly_SWAT
04-Jul-2006, 07:54 AM
how would you think Land of the Dead would be like if rhodes was able to escape from the base and found his way to fiddler's green?Well, if he did manage to escape the rather graphic disembowelment and the underground bunker, that would have left him somewhere in South Florida (Ft. Myers) and quite a long way from the Green (Pittsburgh). It is unlikely that he would ever make it there.
He may have been a great help to riley and a strong leader against the living dead.But if for some reason he did make it to the Green (which it is unlikely that he would go there, unless he was reading "Paradise Havens in a Post-Dead Apocalypse Magazine") I dont think he would be that great of a help to anyone. As several others have mentioned, he was a dick, power hunger, and aways down the road to insanity. I doubt Riley would want anything to do with him.
this would have sparked a reunion between rhodes and bubI dont think so, because if Rhodes made it to the Green, Bub would presumably still be wandering around aimlessly in the underground bunker, which is about 1,200 miles from the Green. Unless of course, he had some frequent flyer zombie miles saved up, maybe he could have took the red eye......

panic
04-Jul-2006, 07:56 AM
Well, if he did manage to escape the rather graphic disembowelment and the underground bunker, that would have left him somewhere in South Florida (Ft. Myers) and quite a long way from the Green (Pittsburgh). It is unlikely that he would ever make it there.But if for some reason he did make it to the Green (which it is unlikely that he would go there, unless he was reading "Paradise Havens in a Post-Dead Apocalypse Magazine") I dont think he would be that great of a help to anyone. As several others have mentioned, he was a dick, power hunger, and aways down the road to insanity. I doubt Riley would want anything to do with him. I dont think so, because if Rhodes made it to the Green, Bub would presumably still be wandering around aimlessly in the underground bunker, which is about 1,200 miles from the Green. Unless of course, he had some frequent flyer zombie miles saved up, maybe he could have took the red eye......

Don't you mean dead eye?

Philly_SWAT
04-Jul-2006, 08:51 AM
Don't you mean dead eye?
I wish I had! Excellent wording!

OddDNA
04-Jul-2006, 12:28 PM
They are in two totally different worlds it wont happen. Rhodes is part of the greatest trilogy of all time where Riley was part of the 2000's cookie cutter zombie genre.

:lol:

EvilNed
04-Jul-2006, 01:33 PM
Uhm, nothing would happen. I mean, Day takes place after Land, soo...

Hahaha, juuuust kidding. ;)

Philly_SWAT
04-Jul-2006, 09:01 PM
Uhm, nothing would happen. I mean, Day takes place after Land, soo...
I was going to say that, but didnt want to open that can of worms again.

At least not now......:)

HLS
05-Jul-2006, 12:46 PM

If he survived it would have ruined it all. His death was awesome. Not to mention the chicken being pulled out of his gut. I hope i am thinking of the right guy.lol

Debbieangel
05-Jul-2006, 03:31 PM
If Rhodes was in Land I dont think he would made it past Cholo. Cholo and his buddies would have taken care of him the first time he opened that big mouth of his. Who would want to see Rhodes again after seeing how he was in that cave...a real...! I think it would have ruined the whole movie unless of course we would got to see him torn apart again never to come back again!!!

Trencher
15-Jul-2006, 05:38 AM
If Rodes had been in the green he would have kept a lower profile I think.
He would been a officer or a guard. That guy who say: "this gun shoots so and so many bullets a minutes" are what Rodhes would be like in the safety of the Green. A showdown between Rodhes and Cholo would not happen since Rodhes would not be doing the job Riley and Cholo did.
Even so if Rodhes and Cholo would fight Rodhes would probably win since he was the most psycho after all.

Another scenario would be what would Steele done if he had made it to fiddlers green.
Hmm.

AcesandEights
15-Jul-2006, 05:43 AM
Another scenario would be what would Steele done if he had made it to fiddlers green.
Hmm.

Finally get that angioplasty he so direly seemed to need?

Trencher
15-Jul-2006, 05:54 AM
Heart surgery? I dont get it.

Brubaker
24-Jul-2006, 05:56 PM
I'd expect that he'd have a role similar to that of Brubaker. The difference being that he likely wouldn't have been eaten as fast as Brubaker and his men. How on earth did none of them escape, by the way? I know that is a whole different topic.

Otherwise, Rhodes may have been a henchman like Pillsbury or Motown. I figure more like Motown, in that he would have been looking to double cross Riley and the gang.

He was down in the bunker "under orders" and served under Cooper at one point, so he'd have been fine following orders in a later movie.

Just the way I see it *shrugs*

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jul-2006, 06:00 PM

I don't know if I could have handled Rhodes in LOTD. It would have been an interesting watch nonetheless, and probably a better story than what Romero gave us.

Svengoolie
24-Jul-2006, 06:05 PM
Like just about everybody here has already said--it's not too likely a scenario for Rhodes to wind up in the Green.

But, it wouldn't be impossible at all for Fran and Peter (or even Barbara from the remake)to turn up there....;)

In fact, he could've had them there even without showing them (due to the character rights issue)--maybe GAR could've had the WGON helicopter flown with a bunch of Kaufmann's goons or Riley's people hanging out of it with rifles...doing a kind of makeshift air support to their operations.

AcesandEights
24-Jul-2006, 06:11 PM
Like just about everybody here has already said--it's not too likely a scenario for Rhodes to wind up in the Green.

But, it wouldn't be impossible at all for Fran and Peter (or even Barbara from the remake)to turn up there....;)

Nice point, indeed! Odd, that I hadn't bothered to think of it...

Cody
24-Jul-2006, 07:47 PM
god did rhodes get it in the end. love it.

dead_guy
24-Jul-2006, 08:56 PM
:dead: Bub probably would have been trapped in the bunker, while Rhodes escaped, so no reunion, but Rhodes would have taken control of the Green and ran his military operation from there, maybe the "Army" of the Green would not have been pussies then.:dead: