PDA

View Full Version : Day Remake Official Trailer

livingdeadboy
15-Jan-2008, 10:44 PM
Well at least it looks better than Night 3D and Contagium

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=26142966

IRA_LCPL
15-Jan-2008, 10:48 PM
It still seems to me that it changes the setting and completly changes the story line from Post apocolypse to during the fall. And there are no scientists and the other key stuff from day at least at a glance . Its just a bunch O pretty little Americans running around and trying to act scarred for 90 min or so. Looks like its gonna be high on the line up for festering turd of the year to me.

And Bub BETTER be in it Dammnit

capncnut
16-Jan-2008, 12:26 AM
Looks like another Dawn 04 to me. A bunch of unscary athletic zombie runners bouncing around the screen on steroids with Ving Rhames spouting a load of badass s**t. :bored:

And Bub BETTER be in it Dammnit
He ain't Bub, he's 'Bud' in this turd. He's in the clip right at the end when that dude says to Mena Suvari, "Looks like he's got a zombie crush". :rolleyes:

Doc
16-Jan-2008, 12:49 AM
OH MY.....:skull:

3pidemiC
16-Jan-2008, 02:15 AM
It still looks terrible. And what's with the racial comments?

Lame...

Legion2213
16-Jan-2008, 03:28 AM
Jesus God Almighty, what a complete and utter abomination. :annoyed:

ProfessorChaos
16-Jan-2008, 03:45 AM
i just realize that i loathe every single actor in the film (especially nick cannon, and all his quirky little reverse-racism remarks...if i could bust everyone one of his teeth out, it'd still not be enough).

i also realized that i am now even more set on waiting outside the movie theater opening night and beating the sh!t out of the 1st person who comes out saying something like "damn, that movie was tight, son!"

we need to run down marty and doc with the delorean and get back in time and fix this monumental fu(k-up by killing all the mothers of those involved prior to their births....wait a minute....yeah, that too.

Legion2213
16-Jan-2008, 03:48 AM
i also realized that i am now even more set on waiting outside the movie theater opening night and beating the sh!t out of the 1st person who comes out saying something like "damn, that movie was tight, son!"

That's so harsh.... :lol:

IRA_LCPL
16-Jan-2008, 03:53 AM
Chaos I ll take Vancouver Washington We need to find people to stand outside theaters in every major city.

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2008, 10:58 AM
Had to go watch it on YouTube, it runs like utter ass on Sh*teSpace.

What with Nick Cannon being in it, here's another nickname for this crapfest:

"Steve Miner's Wild'n'Out" :lol::D

There was a great quote on that MySpace page, somebody said they're rather watch poop come out of their own ass than watch that...lol...genius.

As for the trailer - gash.

1) I'm sick & tired of the whole 'sensitive black man' routine when 'white boy says something that can be taken as racist by over-sensitive black guy'

2) I'm sick & tired of the whole 'why do white people' line, it's over-tired, lame and continues to paint people of different colours as completely different *ahem* HUMAN race anybody? GEEZ! :eek:

3) "Zombie crush" - f*ck off you dick.

4) Nick Cannon is a twat.

5) Mena Suvari is annoying.

6) It's offensive to soldiers/national guard - that bunch of 90210 rejects wouldn't last a day in the army, nor command respect, let alone be able to carry a shotgun (as seen in a ludicrous picture of Suvari holding one, as I remember seeing).

7) Leaping 'zombies', be it at people or out of windows.

8) Over-the-top decaying, no doubt the product of impatient FX guys controlled by impatient producers - don't set the film during ANOTHER initial break out then!

9) BLATANT name-rape, it's literally got nothing in common with Romero's original, so how is it a remake? It's name-rape - plain and simple.

10) Anyone notice how they've reduced the amount of ludicrous crap in the trailer compared to that leaked 'crew trailer' a few months back? Whatever mate, it's still stupid garbage.

11) I'm usually quite respectful when it comes to films, taking into account how they were made, the conditions of the production and so on ... but honestly, that is just sh*t. I would not be proud to have been involved in that.

Ergo, "Steve Miner's Wild'n'Out" will suck chuddies like no film has sucked chuddies before. :lol:

bassman
16-Jan-2008, 12:21 PM

You'll be waiting for quite a long time. It's a straight-to-dvd release.

Do the zombies have some weird form of Herpes on their faces? And that DVD cover is probably the worst I've ever seen...

SymphonicX
16-Jan-2008, 02:06 PM
the racism thing is probably their stab at "social commentary"

This movie just looks like AVP...corny one liners, pantomime and those typical "cat jumps in an alleyway at the wrong moment" type scares.

Trailers are supposed to make you WANT to see the film, this totally doesn't....it looks cheap....full to the brim of "HAHAHAHA" funny comedy moments, which let's face it, aren't very funny...looks like the film's going to rely on comedy and gore to get through....boring.

Arcades057
16-Jan-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, when you consider what a chunk of crap the original is.....the only way to go for this one is up.:rolleyes:

bassman
16-Jan-2008, 04:49 PM
Well, when you consider what a chunk of crap the original is.....the only way to go for this one is up.:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

..im sorry....let me gather myself.....

:lol::lol::lol:

whew....good joke, man.

SymphonicX
16-Jan-2008, 05:40 PM

Loving that line through his name.

Brilliant.

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2008, 06:51 PM
You'll be waiting for quite a long time. It's a straight-to-dvd release.

Do the zombies have some weird form of Herpes on their faces? And that DVD cover is probably the worst I've ever seen...
I only saw the thumbnail (didn't appear to be clickable when I was there), but did I really see a zombie in profile vomiting green gunk? :confused::rockbrow:

bassman
16-Jan-2008, 07:05 PM
I only saw the thumbnail (didn't appear to be clickable when I was there), but did I really see a zombie in profile vomiting green gunk? :confused::rockbrow:

Afraid so. A zombie vomiting while looking up and the tagline "The Need To Feed".

http://joblo.com/images_arrownews/dayofthedeadcover.jpg

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2008, 07:31 PM
Afraid so. A zombie vomiting while looking up and the tagline "The Need To Feed".

http://joblo.com/images_arrownews/dayofthedeadcover.jpg
That doesn't even make any sense then, surely with that picture it should be "the need to purge" ... geez, what now, as if vegetarian zombies wasn't bad enough, now we've got zombies with eating disorders?

Bulimia of the Dead!

I have to say, at least it's giving us plenty of funny piss-take names for it, including my latest:

"Steve Miner's Wild'n'Out!" :lol:

Mike70
17-Jan-2008, 01:14 AM
Bulimia of the Dead!

dude there is an uwe boll script in that title - somewhere.

Loving that line through his name.

Brilliant.

yeah, gotta admit that tickled me pink. brightened the day right up. couldn't happen to a , uh, nicer fellow.

again, i think we should send andy a gift basket.

Well at least it looks better than Night 3D and Contagium

twice nothing is still nothing.

clanglee
17-Jan-2008, 01:34 AM

Was this the straw that broke the camel's back?

livingdeadboy
17-Jan-2008, 04:14 AM

Blasphemy :dead:

SymphonicX
17-Jan-2008, 07:21 AM
The original Day is one of the all time favourites....purely for the SFX work, its stunning...can't beat it, and if you think about it, really stands up against the test of time - doesn't look 80s at all really...

Griff
17-Jan-2008, 09:32 AM
****, I was only kidding about the flying zombies thing but they're definitely airborne half the time in that clip.

Best line?

"Are you one of them?!"
"No."
"You'd better not be!"

Brilliant.

livingdeadboy
17-Jan-2008, 11:58 AM
The original Day is one of the all time favourites....purely for the SFX work, its stunning...can't beat it, and if you think about it, really stands up against the test of time - doesn't look 80s at all really...

Totally, I personally think that DAY is probably the best zombie movie ever.

SymphonicX
17-Jan-2008, 01:29 PM
I'd be inclined to agree LDB if it wasn't for Dawn....Dawn for me is about story and depth - but i swear if Dawn had the FX of Day we would probably have a zombie movie so f**king good that no other topic would be discussed here!!

EvilNed
17-Jan-2008, 02:35 PM
I thought it was stupid and corny, but then again, would I have thought it was so bad had it not carried the Day of the Dead title? I'll wait til I see it until I pass judgement. That hospital scene looks pretty cool.

capncnut
17-Jan-2008, 11:28 PM
That hospital scene looks pretty cool.
B-b-but the zombies run on the ceiling in that scene, man! :confused:

EvilNed
18-Jan-2008, 08:20 AM
B-b-but the zombies run on the ceiling in that scene, man! :confused:

Zombies are zombies. I'll take what I can get, even if this will probably turn out to be a turd there's bound to be at least some cool scenes.

MontagMOI
18-Jan-2008, 05:49 PM
I am a bit confused...the trailer looks like a cross between zombie 4 and Zombie 4 - both of which, i thought, redefined the phrase suck b*lls.
I akm sure that it will manage to be worse than both though :D

zombieparanoia
18-Jan-2008, 11:57 PM
I kind of liked the part where the zombies leapt through the windows all synchronized and ****. And the part where the zombie got thrown off the roof of the car and jumped up like a ninja. I was hoping maybe they could do it in slow mo through flames with some white doves flying through the smoke ala john woo. Or shoot guns and use computers.

I hope they're able to talk and hunt in packs.

I think its what romero would have done if he'd had a better budget and CGI. :p

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jan-2008, 02:03 PM
Ok, that trailer was.... ummmm.... well.... it...... uh......

I have no words to describe it. If I see this, it will be a rental at best.... probably a download.

jsz0
20-Jan-2008, 11:56 PM
How is this a remake of Day of the Dead? Looks like they just bought the name and made a completely different movie. Super Lame.

ngm231
21-Jan-2008, 04:53 AM
what a **** sandwich

MinionZombie
21-Jan-2008, 11:05 AM
How is this a remake of Day of the Dead? Looks like they just bought the name and made a completely different movie. Super Lame.
Exactly - name-rape is what it is.

Plus it just looks like a pile of garbage.

slickwilly13
21-Jan-2008, 05:15 PM
After watching the trailer the other day, I really don't want to see this movie. It doesn't look anything like Day. Are they going by the original script? For those who have not read the original Day script, it is a cross between Day and Land of the Dead.

MinionZombie
21-Jan-2008, 05:59 PM
After watching the trailer the other day, I really don't want to see this movie. It doesn't look anything like Day. Are they going by the original script? For those who have not read the original Day script, it is a cross between Day and Land of the Dead.
One of the key aspects of the REAL Day of the Dead is that it's several months/one year into the outbreak..."Steve Miner's Wild'n'Out" is at the friggin' start...ergo - NAME-RAPE. :rolleyes:

Ezrick
22-Jan-2008, 12:11 PM
It certainly looks like a complete piece of crap. My guess is the only thing about it that will be even a little like the original, which is an amazing movie I might add, is the one intelligent zombie which I fear is going to be this sin against cinema's Bub. However, I will see because it does use the name and that way I can mock it properly because I'm sure thats all that it will be good.

Doc
26-Jan-2008, 03:30 PM
Zombies are zombies. I'll take what I can get, even if this will probably turn out to be a turd there's bound to be at least some cool scenes.
I admit it could just be my side that likes mindless sh*t, but i actually though that the scene the zeds jumped out of that building was.......kinda cool.....:(:shifty::confused:

MinionZombie
26-Jan-2008, 04:00 PM
I admit it could just be my side that likes mindless sh*t, but i actually though that the scene the zeds jumped out of that building was.......kinda cool.....:(:shifty::confused:
*slaps Doc about the face with a glove*

Sir, I demand satisfaction from you.

:D

Doc
29-Jan-2008, 12:08 AM
*slaps Doc about the face with a glove*

Sir, I demand satisfaction from you.

:D Sorry about that.....but i guess there bound to be at least a few good scenes.....so anybody buying this....

Legion2213
29-Jan-2008, 12:20 AM
Sorry about that.....but i guess there bound to be at least a few good scenes.....so anybody buying this....

I'm not even gonna watch it.

The only possible use that I can see for this sort of bilge is to make the likes of MZ and Bassman appreciate the wholesome goodness of Dawn 04.

(they may say that folks like me should be forced to watch it so that we appreciate Land of the Dead).

Other than that, this movie can have no redeeming features.

CapnRhodes
03-Feb-2008, 12:16 AM
What is the release date on the dvd?

ZombiePrototype
11-Feb-2008, 02:05 AM
Ahhh my eyes and ears are bleeding after watching and listening to that.

Monrozombi
11-Feb-2008, 03:10 AM
ah damn, I feel violated after watching that.

I could have sworn Ving Rhames was a better actor then this for taking on a role in this film, if I were him I'd fire my agent quick

kidgloves
11-Feb-2008, 12:31 PM
Fot those that are interested this movie is now doing the rounds in the usual places.