PDA

View Full Version : Clerks 2 - official trailer!!

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2006, 02:19 PM
Okay, so the internet exclusive trailer on clerks2.com has been out for a few weeks now, but this is the official one you'll see in cinemas.

I'm not even supposed to be here today! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvhJ0m5ask)

There's also a YouTube exclusive clip (go to the front page of the site and you should find it there - also linked on clerks2.com).

I have to say it looks great, I can't wait to see this flick as I'm a big fan of Smith's films (yes, even Jersey Girl) - and by the looks of it it'll still have the same potty-mouth mentality of the first film - the bit with the donkey should be obvious and suggestive enough, lol.

Cereval
17-Apr-2006, 02:28 PM
That's so frickin' cool. I'm really looking forward to this ...

p2501
17-Apr-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm going to regrt this later i know, but what the hell is the song Jay is dancing to.

i know it's from Silence of the lambs, but i've no idea who does the song.

it's stuck in my head now.....

Tri0xin
17-Apr-2006, 02:38 PM
Okay, so the internet exclusive trailer on clerks2.com has been out for a few weeks now, but this is the official one you'll see in cinemas.

I'm not even supposed to be here today! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvhJ0m5ask)

There's also a YouTube exclusive clip (go to the front page of the site and you should find it there - also linked on clerks2.com).

I have to say it looks great, I can't wait to see this flick as I'm a big fan of Smith's films (yes, even Jersey Girl) - and by the looks of it it'll still have the same potty-mouth mentality of the first film - the bit with the donkey should be obvious and suggestive enough, lol.

That looks pretty decent.

MikePizzoff
17-Apr-2006, 04:43 PM
Eh. It doesn't look nearly as witty or smart or have as in-depth dialogue as the first one... but then again it's Kevin Smith so ya never know. I laughed out loud once during the trailer so I guess that's a plus!

I'm just kind of salty about them not only leaving the B&W but also leaving New Jersey!!! Yes, I already know B&W film is super expensive now so spare me.

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2006, 04:43 PM
IMDb may hold the answer you seek, young hobbit.

Indeed, took me a couple of views to place where I'd heard that song - it was Jay painting on chapstick that reminded me - I'd wondered what the 'titty dance' was all about when I saw the teaser trailer. If you find out the name of that song ... I'd kinda like to know what it is too, lol.

----------

Part of the film is shot in Jersey (i.e. the Quick Stop, picking up Randall) - but it's a matter of budget and sense really. Smith lives out in LA now, as do all the people in the flick, so it'd be pretty daft to head all the way out to Jersey to shoot the flick - especially finding a disused Burger King to create Mooby's. Yes, "Jersey Girl" was shot in Jersey ... but it has to be as Jersey is almost a character - but at that time Smith was kind of living in two places - LA and Jersey, half a year for each. Now he's living in LA so it makes sense to shoot it there.

p2501
17-Apr-2006, 04:48 PM
right you are i found a link an hour or so ago, on IMDB.

it's on the Silence o de lambs message board on IMDB.

axlish
17-Apr-2006, 04:51 PM
Looks fun. I like anything Clerks related, including the cartoon.

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2006, 04:52 PM
*sniffed out in 30 seconds*

Sweet, cheers for the heads up.

*emails link to self to save as*

If only they'd managed to keep the cartoon going - hopefully there'll be more life in it after Clerks 2 comes out.

p2501
17-Apr-2006, 05:01 PM
agreed. i'm hoping after C2 they trying shopping it around again. Adult swim might pick it up.

speaking of that Adult swim really needs to start their own spin off channel.

HLS
17-Apr-2006, 07:53 PM
I saw that trailor at the movies yesterday. looks funny. I did not know there was a first movie tho.:p

MikePizzoff
17-Apr-2006, 08:54 PM
I saw that trailor at the movies yesterday. looks funny. I did not know there was a first movie tho.:p

:| :| :rockbrow: :| :|

p2501
17-Apr-2006, 09:34 PM
wow... just wow.

that's one way to ****ing kill a thread.

Adrenochrome
17-Apr-2006, 09:34 PM
I did not know there was a first movie tho.:p

the result of watching nothing but horror movies.

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2006, 09:52 PM
And yet it's called "Clerks 2" :rockbrow:

EvilNed
17-Apr-2006, 11:36 PM
I liked Clerks. It was good. Kevin Smith showed he had some talent with dialog. Jay and Silent Bob were funny in that film, cause they appeared in small doses.

Didn't see Mallrats, but Chasing Amy and Dogma were entertaining. Then came the big stinker: Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back. Never have so good of a director crammed out a bigger piece of **** (except for George Lucas, who's crammed out three).

This Clerks trailer does nothing for me. None of the dialog made me even intrigued as to what the film could be and ever since My Name Is Earl, I've lost all respect for Jason Lee.

idsaluteyoubub
18-Apr-2006, 01:28 AM

Jellyfish's intelligence > HLS's intelligence

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2006, 10:26 AM
As for dialogue in the trailer, how could you possibly crowbar enough decent dialogue into a short trailer such as that? You've got to get a full, round view of the flick - especially for the whole audience, not just Smith fans. The film will no doubt have the dialogue people are after - Smith has stated it's a happy marriage between old school Clerks and his more polished current look (which doesn't mean 'Jay & Slapstick Bob').

That song makes me wanna tuck my wang between my legs and flap my arms like wings ... :confused: lol

EvilNed
18-Apr-2006, 01:16 PM
That's true, but you'd imagine that they'd try to at least intice the old Clerk fans with something. This looks like just another stupid teen flick. Except Jason Mewes and the gang ain't teens.

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 01:55 PM
That's true, but you'd imagine that they'd try to at least intice the old Clerk fans with something. This looks like just another stupid teen flick. Except Jason Mewes and the gang ain't teens.
Ya, the feel of this one isn't the same......more like a Drive In make out flick with silly, cute jokes.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Apr-2006, 01:58 PM
I will be honest in saying I will probably go see this, but the trailer isn't that good. It doesn't make me wanna jump out ofmy seat and go see the film... I am only going to do it because of Clerks 1.

I think Kevin should live off his royalty checks and be happy he had a career.

Terran
18-Apr-2006, 02:58 PM

Similarly....I thought Aliens 3 was the first movie in the series...

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 03:00 PM
Similarly....I thought Aliens 3 was the first movie in the series...
ahh, so, that's what those numbers mean! Numbers are your friend.:D

p2501
18-Apr-2006, 03:12 PM
wait so Halloween 4 wasn't the original?

awww dang.....:rockbrow:

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2006, 08:51 PM
And all from a 90 second trailer...

Danny
18-Apr-2006, 09:20 PM
bladdy 'ell!:lol: