PDA

View Full Version : Saddest moment in a Dead movie

Craig
18-Apr-2006, 06:58 AM
For me, one of the saddest moments in a Dead movie was in Dawn:

Roger: Peter, where are you?
Peter: I'm right here, man.
Roger: Hey, we did it, didn't we? We whipped 'em, didn't we?
Peter: That's right, man.
Roger: Didn't we... Didn't we whip 'em?
Peter: We sure did, buddy.
Roger: We whipped 'em, and we got it ALL!

Just this conversation really got to me somehow, the way that Roger was doped up on all the drugs to keep him relatively calm, and the sense of hopelessness for Roger it suggests...

Other moments that got to me are Ben being shot at the end of Night and leaving Ed in the cellar near the end of Shaun.

What moments really made you feel sad?

Cykotic
18-Apr-2006, 11:37 AM
When Bub found Dr Logans body and freaked out...

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 11:37 AM
When Bub found Dr. Logan.

Deadman_Deluxe
18-Apr-2006, 11:50 AM
Flyboy and Flygirl ... lying naked in bed ... ignoring each other :(

MikePizzoff
18-Apr-2006, 11:57 AM
Deffinitely Ed in the basement of the Winchester in SOTD.

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 12:08 PM
the little guy wearing the softball/baseball uniform, sitting on the floor staring at Fran through the JC Penny window is kinda sad....

Bunker65
18-Apr-2006, 12:23 PM
I'd have to go along with Cykotic & Adrenochrome on this: When Bub found Dr. Logan's body in the freezer :(.

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2006, 12:27 PM
When Bub discovers Logan's body and when Shaun has to kill his mum - both of those leave a lump in my throat.

EvilNed
18-Apr-2006, 01:13 PM
"When Bub Found Logan" would be a nice title for a country song.

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 01:39 PM
"When Bub Found Logan" would be a nice title for a country song.

The Doc was layin' there on ice,
the scene; not very nice
All's Bub wanted was to show him the chain....

He started tearing up and slobberin'
and then he started hollerin'
Bub was feeling a brand new achey pain....

*(tag, you're it, next line or two)

DjfunkmasterG
18-Apr-2006, 02:07 PM
When Big Daddy let out his first howl...

That was truly a sad day for Romero dead films... period.

Danny
18-Apr-2006, 02:11 PM
agaun ,bub finding frankensteins body or shauns mum dying, i think there officially the saddest moments in zombie films.

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 03:02 PM
agaun ,bub finding frankensteins body or shauns mum dying, i think there officially the saddest moments in zombie films.
The acting in the "Shaun's Mom death scene" - is some of the best ever caught on film.

MonkeyFarm
18-Apr-2006, 03:55 PM
Yeah, When bub found Logan, pretty weird to feel sorry for a zombie, but then again Romero is a genius:)

Also when sarah recovers from shock from chopping of maguel's arm

Also when the black dude gets shot by that redneck in NOTLD at the end, he deserved to live, bloody inbreds

Danny
18-Apr-2006, 04:08 PM
yeah ,how could we forget bens death, though not really sad just "oh now friggin' way!".

though killing them all was a stroke of genius on romeros part.

he must have come up with something that profound on the john,lol.

MaximusIncredulous
20-Apr-2006, 04:08 AM
When I finally saw LOTD and wondered what the hell happened?

Svengoolie
20-Apr-2006, 04:20 AM
Same here, Max.

I'd love it if the genre actually got a good enough script to make us feel something for the characters in an LD situation.

Marie
20-Apr-2006, 02:15 PM
Nobody mentions the death of Shawn's step Dad. His dying speach is very touching. Here's somebody who really wanted to reach out to a boy that had lost his birth Dad and been rebuffed so many times, taking his last chance to explain himself.

It makes me cry.:(

M_

Cykotic
20-Apr-2006, 02:23 PM
What about the scene in LAND where Dead Reckoning gets back to the city only to discover that they were too late to save the people trapped by the fence?

Philly_SWAT
20-Apr-2006, 02:25 PM
Unquestionably, it is the first scene that Craig mentioned, when Roger dies.

Second place, that we didnt get to see more of Fran naked in the aforementioned bed scene.....

Track1033
20-Apr-2006, 03:08 PM
bub finding dr logan and trying to show dr logan that his chains had broken...then realizing that he was dead...

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2006, 06:32 PM
Marie and Cykotic make two good points - Shaun's dad dying and his final speech is very touching ... and having just watched Land of the Dead again this afternoon (LAND FUNKING ROCKS!!!) when they discover the feeding frenzy and Riley orders Charlie to put them out of their misery, the scene with the music layered on top always brings some intense chills up my spine. Great scene.

mista_mo
20-Apr-2006, 07:00 PM
the one scene that made me actually start to cry (no lie) was when Ed and Shaun have that moment in the celler at the end of Shaun..it was incredibly touching..

MonkeyFarm
20-Apr-2006, 09:28 PM
When I finally saw LOTD and wondered what the hell happened?

You read my mind

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2006, 11:05 PM
That was one of my points on an essay I wrote about homosociality - I covered Shaun of the Dead and Swingers. Got a good mark too :cool:

zombieparanoia
21-Apr-2006, 12:29 AM
I think SOTD had the best emotion to it out of all the dead movies, the scene with shauns mom and stepdad, ed in the cellar IMO better than any of the schlocky moments romero put together. I thought the scene where the guy driving the truck in DOTD04 got offed by ving rhames was pretty good.

HLS
21-Apr-2006, 04:17 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm I think when Roger died. That whole sequence up till he rose and was shot was sooo sad. The Dr Logan scene was sad as well.

dmbfanintn
24-Apr-2006, 07:12 PM
When Shaun had to kill his mom:(

Agreed, however, I thought when he was "saying goodbye" to Ed in the cellar was sadder than killing his mom.

Tri0xin
24-Apr-2006, 11:57 PM
When Johnny Dingle gets shot through the heart, saving the life of Missy McCloud. Hands down, without a doubt, the saddest, heart felt moment of any zombie movie.

*snickers* at saps getting all emotional about Shaun (yawn?) of the Dead.

Agreed, however, I thought when he was "saying goodbye" to Ed in the cellar was sadder than killing his mom.

Shaun should have whacked his mother a lot sooner than he did, for nicknaming him "Pickle." :lol:

MinionZombie
25-Apr-2006, 08:45 AM
Only the Dawn 'remake' deserves the title "Yawn04" :sneaky:

LoneCrusader
25-Apr-2006, 02:11 PM
I think that some sad parts in Zombie Film history are Phillip's last speech (shaun of the dead) and when the fat guy on shaun of the dead, shaun's friend, ned or ed, when he died. and when black guy shot andy (dawn of the dead) "sorry, brotha."

Creepshow
25-Apr-2006, 05:35 PM
Day of the Dead: Bub finding Logan dead.

:( :( :(

LoneCrusader
25-Apr-2006, 06:11 PM
28 Days Later: **((Spoiler Warning))**

Frank loses all hope when he mistakenly believes the military base was abandoned, he wanders away from the other three, and a drop of infected blood falls into his eyeball. Hannah (his teenage daughter) was shortly behind him.

Frank: "I love you very much."
Hannah: "What?"
Frank: "Get away from me!" and pushes her away

Etc..etc..etc... then he becomes an Infected.

Those may not be the exact right lines, for I've only seen the movie once and that was a long time ago. But you get the picture.

roger_19
30-Apr-2006, 07:44 PM
bub crying for frankenstein

roger dying

roger's funeral scene at the mall

ben being all alone inside the cellar and getting shot afterwards.

Craig
01-May-2006, 12:48 AM
28 Days Later: **((Spoiler Warning))**

Frank loses all hope when he mistakenly believes the military base was abandoned, he wanders away from the other three, and a drop of infected blood falls into his eyeball. Hannah (his teenage daughter) was shortly behind him.

Frank: "I love you very much."
Hannah: "What?"
Frank: "Get away from me!" and pushes her away

Etc..etc..etc... then he becomes an Infected.

Those may not be the exact right lines, for I've only seen the movie once and that was a long time ago. But you get the picture.
That was a very sad scene... I'd forgotten about that one.

MinionZombie
01-May-2006, 09:47 AM
Indeed, that was quite a sad scene I felt too. It seems worse because it's just one drop of blood in his eye that does it, not torn into.

EvilNed
01-May-2006, 11:35 AM
I didn't really find any scene in Shaun that sad. But I agree on the 28 Days Later scene, that was really touching the first time I saw it. Frank was one of the coolest froods around.

Danny
01-May-2006, 11:44 AM
That was a very sad scene... I'd forgotten about that one.

aye same here i bet they only did that because the actor was a ginga, bastards.:lol: