PDA

View Full Version : I'm a published Author!!! (Sort of...)

Cykotic
18-Apr-2006, 12:27 PM
Deleted and locked as requested by the thread creator - Andy

Ana
18-Apr-2006, 12:39 PM
Poems related to self harm and suicide? Eek.
Not your average coffee table book, aye?

But congrats!

Cykotic
18-Apr-2006, 12:49 PM
I had a bad feeling that It was a bad idea to post this....

Someone delete it please!!!

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 12:52 PM
Poems related to self harm and suicide? Eek.
Not your average coffee table book, aye?

But congrats!
Some of the greatest poets througout history have written on this subject....and many many songwriters....Good job, Cyk, congrats!! and good luck with it!

peace!

Cykotic
18-Apr-2006, 12:54 PM
Ok... erm... thanks...

I was so worried about posting the book on here. I thought that you guys would think I was crazy or something....

Arcades057
18-Apr-2006, 02:17 PM
Write about whatever you want to; just don't let your life imitate it. I've written some pretty messed up things myself, it doesn't mean I'm about to go out and imitate it.

Cykotic
18-Apr-2006, 02:22 PM
Ok... I'm working on my next book at the moment. Imagine the Columbine school shootings on a Hollywood budget!

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 02:23 PM
Write about whatever you want to; just don't let your life imitate it. I've written some pretty messed up things myself, it doesn't mean I'm about to go out and imitate it.
I think that's what keeps most writers/artists out of trouble; they can use their talent as an escape (better than drugs) and vent alot of stress and frustraion if need be.
I have things written that would receive a cocked brow or a suggestion of hospitalization along with some pieces that are like dancing through a feild of flowers on a nice, rainey, Spring day.

Arcades057
18-Apr-2006, 04:37 PM
I have things written that would receive a cocked brow or a suggestion of hospitalization along with some pieces that are like dancing through a feild of flowers on a nice, rainey, Spring day.

Dude, I once wrote about a fictional terrorist attack on a crowded theater and was asked to remove it from the website where I posted it. It was, apparently, too how-to on the subject. Farging censors...

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 05:07 PM
Dude, I once wrote about a fictional terrorist attack on a crowded theater and was asked to remove it from the website where I posted it. It was, apparently, too how-to on the subject. Farging censors...
A few years ago I sought psychiatric help - (depression....*yawn* - it happens). The shrink and I were talking one day about my artwork/writing; I told him I'd bring him a sample. - - He never admitted it, but, I know that the reason he wanted to prescribe Depakote and Klonopin to me was because what he'd read had frightened him (he'd changed his attitude toward me after reading). He thought I was angry to the point that I "may cause harm" even tho I never showed (or inwardly felt) any signs of violence.....(I never took the head meds BTW.:D )

Terran
18-Apr-2006, 05:23 PM

Yeah I kindof know what you mean....I tend not to tell people about my imaginary evil duplicate named Mo'as......

Thats always an interesting conversation to have with someone....

Other person: "Wow thats an interesting [drawing or sculpture] what inspired you to create it"...now the answer they are looking for is (Well I saw the works of and it really spoke to me....or I was walking in the woods/city and I just felt like creating this....

But the real answer I give tends to make people uneasy....
Me Answering: "Well you see theres this reoccuring character that shows up in my dreams...it can be a totally benign dream and this character shows up...He tells me things that **** with my mind and is just an overall terrifying figure without putting any effort into it....His name is Mo'as ...and I know this because in one of the dreams he made me remember his name and drink something that allowed me to write it down and read it in the dream...so its spelt M-o-'-a-s... Yeah so [I]he is the inspiration for this work"....

The persons eyes grow a bit wider...and they try to be polite and look for ways to change the subject or just plain escape....

Adrenochrome
18-Apr-2006, 05:29 PM
The persons eyes grow a bit wider...and they try to be polite and look for ways to change the subject or just plain escape....
exactley!

Danny
18-Apr-2006, 07:21 PM
could be worse, you could be one of those people who were all black t-shirts that dont have bands on ,instead slogans like "my rice krispies told me to do it".

or you could be tom cruise.