PDA

View Full Version : score one for me...

Mike70
29-Jan-2008, 02:25 AM
i have been looking to get another guitar recently. not anything special, just something to beat on in my garage and amuse my son with. i have a jeff hanneman esp (one of my prized possessions for sure) but wanted something to, like i said, beat up in my garage. didn't want to spend a lot of cash, so i went creeping and crawlilng through some pawn shops in cincinnati and northern ky. well friends, let me tell you that god must really look out for fools like me because the other day i went into a pawn shop in newport and i spotted a very familiar design hanging in their collection of guitars, thinking it was a knockoff, i asked the dude behind the counter to look at it. well i almost crapped myself when i got it in my hands on it and realized that it was a dave mustaine signature series jackson - a real one. i kept my excitement at bay and looked at the price tag - the price $330 - for a real jackson.

well let's just say my check card came out about as fast i could get it out of my wallet and i walked out of there with a guitar, in perfect condition, worth several thousand dollars for a few hundred bucks.

as soon as i got outside with it i looked to the friend that was with me and we both said simultaneously, i crap you not, "that dude was a fooking idiot." he had no idea what he had and i was only more than happy to relieve him of it- at very little trouble or cost to myself.

needless to say i am still looking for a guitar to beat on in my garage...

Danny
29-Jan-2008, 09:38 AM
nice find, i tend to go to pawn shops for stuff like that, my current piece of crap, a mustard yellow stargazer, a brand googles never heard of, was only 30 quid, though ive got a freind who digs guitars like you but he will spend all his money on them, i **** you not his apartments almost empty except for 7 of the worlds most famous makes of guitars.

the kick is he doesnt play them, there just on a rack in the corner colecting dust.

bassman
29-Jan-2008, 01:41 PM
My buddy just the other day sold his Gibson Les Paul Custom for 200 bucks. I wanted to kill him.:annoyed:

Danny
29-Jan-2008, 08:06 PM
My buddy just the other day sold his Gibson Les Paul Custom for 200 bucks. I wanted to kill him.:annoyed:

:stunned:................

for once im speechless.

bassman
29-Jan-2008, 08:08 PM
:stunned:................

for once im speechless.

I know, right? He got hard up for money so he sold it for 200 bucks. I accidentally screamed at him about it and all he could say was "I needed the money". So then I just screamed back louder that I would have bought it from him for alot more than that.:lol:

Mike70
29-Jan-2008, 08:24 PM
I know, right? He got hard up for money so he sold it for 200 bucks. I accidentally screamed at him about it and all he could say was "I needed the money". So then I just screamed back louder that I would have bought it from him for alot more than that.:lol:

i wasn't going to reply to your post bassman because i was so thunderstruck by it that i didn't think i'd ever be able to find the words to but here goes-

WTF!!!

this guy clearly needs to have some sense stomped into him. i wonder what the person he sold it to will turn around and sell it for?

bassman
29-Jan-2008, 08:49 PM
this guy clearly needs to have some sense stomped into him. i wonder what the person he sold it to will turn around and sell it for?

heh heh....that's where it gets even more interesting. He sold it to Guitar Center. One of, if not THE largest musician store chains in the country. So they'll probably turn around and sell it for close to the price of a new one. He got ripped off so bad. And the bad thing is....he knew he was getting ripped off.

I guess I can't talk too much crap, though. When I was 18 I REALLY needed cash and sold my favorite bass for pretty cheap. I've got better basses now, but it's still got the number one spot in my mind.:(

Danny
30-Jan-2008, 05:33 PM
just looking round a local sotre i saw one of thes egibsons for £1390, thats about 2700 dollars, so yeah id say he got ripped off by...oh 90% at least.:lol: