PDA

View Full Version : if FOX news had existed throughout history...

Mike70
30-Jan-2008, 04:35 PM
this might have been posted here some time ago but i am going to put it up again for folks that might have missed it- if it was ever posted here.

this is short slide show lampooning the FOX news network. my favorite is the MLK slide.

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=3117&PREVID=6686&CAT=pics&NSFW=0&rating=nsfw_sfw&NEXTID=0&DISPLAYORDER=20070608181807&page=1&genre=0&gpage=1#gallery

Mutineer
30-Jan-2008, 05:33 PM
Too true.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. : (

Khardis
30-Jan-2008, 08:58 PM
The real sad part is that this is an actual insight into the sick minds of liberals. Its evident that it was some sick minded liberal who took the time to think up and then make this satire. Kind of like all these race hoaxes by liberals who turn out to be doing it to themselves. Then everyone wonders who the REAL racists are.

Mike70
30-Jan-2008, 11:00 PM
uh, it is mockery, a lampoon. lots of things get lampooned are they all the product of liberal conspiracies?

let's not get our panties in a twist over something i found on kontraband for goodness sake or over something posted in the lounge - it is supposed to be laid back in here.

Khardis
30-Jan-2008, 11:03 PM
I know its lampoon, thats why i called it satire. But satire usually says more about the person making up the satire than the target of the satire. Which was my point. No panty bunching here, just an observation.

Terran
31-Jan-2008, 12:04 AM
Satire is strictly a literary genre, although it is found in the graphic and performing arts as well as the printed word. In satire, human or individual vices, follies, abuses, or shortcomings are held up to censure by means of ridicule, derision, burlesque, irony, or other methods, ideally with an intent to bring about improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, the purpose of satire is not primarily humour in itself so much as an often quite angry attack on something the author strongly disapproves, using the weapon of wit.

A very common, almost defining feature of satire is a strong vein of irony or sarcasm, but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. The essential point, however, is that "in satire, irony is militant"[2]. This "militant irony" (or sarcasm) often professes to approve the very things the satirist actually wishes to attack.

:annoyed:

Khardis
31-Jan-2008, 01:28 AM
:annoyed:

Thank you for posting a dictionary definition, have anything of your own to add to the discussion?:shifty:

SymphonicX
31-Jan-2008, 03:46 PM
I know its lampoon, thats why i called it satire. But satire usually says more about the person making up the satire than the target of the satire. Which was my point. No panty bunching here, just an observation.

*coughbullscough*

So what about Romero's satire?

3pidemiC
31-Jan-2008, 04:56 PM
Frickin' freedom haters...

SymphonicX
31-Jan-2008, 06:52 PM
freedom haters lol

EvilNed
01-Feb-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm with ya, Khardis. I know these other terrorists and anti-americans don't understand, but Fox is the most objective news source we have. I wish people would stop picking on them!

Khardis
01-Feb-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm with ya, Khardis. I know these other terrorists and anti-americans don't understand, but Fox is the most objective news source we have. I wish people would stop picking on them!

This ought to be good, go ahead and name ANY objective news organization. Specifically a US based one.

Terran
01-Feb-2008, 04:33 PM
New Scientist magazine is pretty good....but thats based in the UK I believe....

Khardis
01-Feb-2008, 05:05 PM
New Scientist magazine is pretty good....but thats based in the UK I believe....

You know I am talking about news programs on television. Not magazines.

Terran
01-Feb-2008, 07:05 PM
Sorry I misunderstood....you said news organization so I thought magazines might count...my bad

MikePizzoff
01-Feb-2008, 07:45 PM
This ought to be good, go ahead and name ANY objective news organization. Specifically a US based one.

MTV news.

Khardis
01-Feb-2008, 07:51 PM
MTV news.

haha.

MikePizzoff
01-Feb-2008, 07:54 PM
haha.

:D I was actually hoping for you to take me seriously.

EvilNed
01-Feb-2008, 10:04 PM

There are none, except Fox.

Khardis
01-Feb-2008, 11:36 PM
There are none, except Fox.

C'mon you KNOW you want to say MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc.. you KNOW you want to.

clanglee
02-Feb-2008, 03:31 AM
Khardis, Is there anything you don't want to argue about? You raise some interesting points, and you are obviously not a dumb person, but must you always be so contrary?

To answer your question, of course there are no fair media news sources, they are paid for by advertising. Therefore, they all have special interests involved in what is reported.

I think the reason that FOX rubs many people the wrong way is that it is wholly populated by talking heads that jump angrily onto any subject and smear it into thier own political bent. No different from the others you say? Key word angrily. FOX is the most angry, inflamitory news station out there. It appeals to the middle aged angry white suburbanite. And apparently, there are a lot of them out there.

EvilNed
02-Feb-2008, 11:05 AM
C'mon you KNOW you want to say MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc.. you KNOW you want to.

No, but the Pravda is quite close.

Khardis
02-Feb-2008, 11:08 AM
Khardis, Is there anything you don't want to argue about? You raise some interesting points, and you are obviously not a dumb person, but must you always be so contrary?

To answer your question, of course there are no fair media news sources, they are paid for by advertising. Therefore, they all have special interests involved in what is reported.

I think the reason that FOX rubs many people the wrong way is that it is wholly populated by talking heads that jump angrily onto any subject and smear it into thier own political bent. No different from the others you say? Key word angrily. FOX is the most angry, inflamitory news station out there. It appeals to the middle aged angry white suburbanite. And apparently, there are a lot of them out there.

I think they rub people wrong because they favor Republicans. Pretending they are the only one who is "angry" would mean you've never watched Kieth Olberman. He doesn't even pretend to be objective.