PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?!?

Danny
19-Apr-2006, 01:05 AM
i got my EMA money in today, which is what college kids get in the uk for a weeks full attendance, adn i used it to test a theory, i looked up on ebay a medieval crusader longsord, about 3 foot long and as heavy as a small dog, this was a real sword for £29.99, but i noticed something that my freind said was true, not one store on ebay asks for age when selling these weapons, now im only just gone 18 a week ago so im legal (sadly you got to wait till your 21 to be a pimp in shorpshire,lol) but anyway even someone as immature as me finds that a little wrong, my own brother whos only 12 used my moms acount to buy a funking samurai katana, which i duly removed and threw out, but dont any of you guys with kids find that worrying?

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2006, 10:22 AM
What I find worrying is that those funking Labour funks now PAY kids to go to school - I did that sh*t for free, now kids get PAID ... this country is proper funked.

Deadman_Deluxe
19-Apr-2006, 10:34 AM
... this was a real sword for £29.99 ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dawg
19-Apr-2006, 10:57 AM
How a lot of people are scared $hitless to go to Europe and say they are Americans and get cussed at, spit on, robbed, possibily tortured and killed in Hostels, (not to mention terrorists!) and Europeons think the same when they come to America.

Meaning, Americans think it is pretty safe (somewhat, at least where they live), but Europeons don't and vice versa.

Of course, I live in Ohio in a fairly small town compared to others and I think the capital city is far dangerous and California is probably completely off limits. (Still would like to visit though.)

Then again, down south is freaking me out as well. Blame it on the movies maybe, like 2001 Maniacs and the like!

:dead: Dawg

Eyebiter
19-Apr-2006, 10:58 AM
Long as your brother doesn't go PSYCHO MALL NINJA - being interesting in edged weapons is likely to lead to membership in the SCA, attending renaissance festivals, and playing dungeons and dragons.

Just tell him that geeks don't get the chicks, he would be better off playing football.

Cykotic
19-Apr-2006, 11:01 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't laugh, You can get real swords for £30! This Site (http://www.blades-uk.com/) sells swords, crossbows, shields, battleaxes, everything you could ask for! BUT they also have an age verification system!

Danny
19-Apr-2006, 04:06 PM
Long as your brother doesn't go PSYCHO MALL NINJA - being interesting in edged weapons is likely to lead to membership in the SCA, attending renaissance festivals, and playing dungeons and dragons.

Just tell him that geeks don't get the chicks, he would be better off playing football.

ah the katana, the chav room decoration of choice,lol.

and football is for losers, its kicking a ball across a field, nuff' said.

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2006, 07:31 PM
lol, yeh I reckon football sucks too. Why should Chav Rooney get a couple of million quid a year for kicking the descendant of a pig's bladder up and down some grass while nurses that deal with dying people get funk all.

It's one of the reasons I'm not for football, it's so bloody decadent. A gentlemen's sport played by thugs (can't remember who said that, but someone did) - likewise rugby is a thug's sport played by gentlemen ... and it requires more skill and physical prowess.

Don't get me started on American Football - I saw a bit of the super bowl this year and some guy ran about half the field to score, after the ad break he was sat on the sidelines with a mask on breathing in oxygen ... what kind of pussies are these guys?! Oxygen tanks after half a field - even I could handle that - and I've got the fitness and stamina of a coma patient ... must be all that cheese swimming around their arteries. :p

Tullaryx
19-Apr-2006, 07:37 PM
Don't get me started on American Football - I saw a bit of the super bowl this year and some guy ran about half the field to score, after the ad break he was sat on the sidelines with a mask on breathing in oxygen ... what kind of pussies are these guys?! Oxygen tanks after half a field - even I could handle that - and I've got the fitness and stamina of a coma patient ... must be all that cheese swimming around their arteries. :p

Bah, you try running full speed with 30-40 pounds of gear weighing you down. :)

I played American football during high school and running with full gear on is easier said than done and I was in great shape with teenage stamina. :)

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2006, 07:43 PM
That's another thing - all that padding - rugby players get out there with sheer brute, human force. These guys are insanely fit, yet weigh in at around 20 stone a pop, and they barge it like a freight train ... without collapsing on the sidelines reaching for an oxygen tank.

And what's with the clock ALWAYS stopping. A quarter takes at least twice the time with all that start/stop 'stand around with hands on hips' posturing stuff. And like football football, there's too much cocky celebration after a touch down.

Rugby players get the job done like professionals. :cool:

Tullaryx
19-Apr-2006, 07:53 PM
That's another thing - all that padding - rugby players get out there with sheer brute, human force. These guys are insanely fit, yet weigh in at around 20 stone a pop, and they barge it like a freight train ... without collapsing on the sidelines reaching for an oxygen tank.

And what's with the clock ALWAYS stopping. A quarter takes at least twice the time with all that start/stop 'stand around with hands on hips' posturing stuff. And like football football, there's too much cocky celebration after a touch down.

Rugby players get the job done like professionals. :cool:

I you wont get an argument from me about the touchdown celebrations. I'm for putting a rule that those who go over-the-top should be suspended for a season and his team fined equal to the amount of offending players yearly salary. As for the pads, the collisions in American footballs have been research by sports physicians and considered more violent than what goes on in Rugby of all kinds.

The pads themselves actually are like a two-edged sword. It protects players from catastrophic injuries during hits and collisions, but it also gives the players a sense of false security. This sense of false security makes the players run harder and faster in terms of preparing for a tackle. I've played some rugby with some old college buddies of mine and yes its brutal but the sense of collisions and hits actually less violent and more accidental (though Im sure theyre not) than when I played football. In football the number one type of injury that really scares players since its happening more often now are head and neck injuries: concussions, strained neck to outright paralysis.

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2006, 08:02 PM
American footballers probably have bonier shoulders than rugger players - more surface area - especially when colliding with the other man's stomach - makes for softer impact ... and that's the irrefutable science of MinionZombie, FACT! :D:p

Deadman_Deluxe
19-Apr-2006, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't laugh, You can get real swords for £30! This Site (http://www.blades-uk.com/) sells swords, crossbows, shields, battleaxes, everything you could ask for! BUT they also have an age verification system!

Yeah, and they also sell "real" lightsabers for about the same price :rolleyes:

Danny
19-Apr-2006, 09:41 PM
american football is rugby with padding, try playing american football with just a shirt and shorts and see how friggin dangerous it is,lol.

nothing gets the anger out like rugby tackling a freind during a game though:elol: