PDA

View Full Version : South Park takes a stab at Family Guy

Rottedfreak
12-Feb-2008, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7hLrAMHaiY

The reason? because some people say "We love your show it's the funniest show on TV, yours and Family Guy."
The response: Simpsons crew sends flowers, King of the Hill writers say "Your doing gods work."
The truth: people want adult comedy to be adult about issues, Matt and Trey are inept at doing that the fact they wasted two shows on this pathetic little rant proves it.

bassman
12-Feb-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm not following you. What's your point? South Park was poking fun of Family Guy AND itself in that clip.

Monrozombi
12-Feb-2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7hLrAMHaiY

The reason? because some people say "We love your show it's the funniest show on TV, yours and Family Guy."
The response: Simpsons crew sends flowers, King of the Hill writers say "Your doing gods work."
The truth: people want adult comedy to be adult about issues, Matt and Trey are inept at doing that the fact they wasted two shows on this pathetic little rant proves it.

South Park does anything but be adult about the issues it tackles. most of the humor is very highschool-college level humor. I love SP and FG but love when SP pokes fun at other shows.

ProfessorChaos
12-Feb-2008, 06:05 PM
South Park didn't just take a stab at Family Guy, they straight up severed its jugular and watched Family Guy choke on its own blood. Then they tea-bagged 'em.:p

Family Guy is totally inferior to South Park. Always has been, always will be. The only reason Family Guy gets the high viewer ratings it does is because of the time slot in airs on, along with the larger distribution, as more people get Fox than Comedy Central.

South Park at least tries to prove a point in most of their episodes, and stays on track with a story, just like these two episodes pointed out. Family Guy is the perfect show for people with attention spans shorter than their d!cks. I've watched a few episodes and never was impressed. Even the worst episodes of South Park are way more enjoyable than the best Family Guy episodes.

CRAAAB PEOPLE, CRAAAB PEOPLE.

(this is all a matter of opinion, i realize)

Khardis
12-Feb-2008, 07:58 PM
/agree with Prof Chaos. Family guy is an inferior show by a miles. I find it funny when people say south park is stupid when Family Guy is the MASTER of lowbrow humor. This episode is hated by family guy fan boys because its true, The humor in family guy is not derived form plot or and form of cleverness. Its all slapstick crap humor aimed at high-school kids.

bassman
12-Feb-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't really see why people compare the two. They're obviously two very different shows. I like them both for what they are. Unfortunately, both of them seem to have gotten a bit stale over the last few years.

True, South Park has the more plot-driven stories that tend to focus on stories of the world around us, but what's wrong with some mindless fun with Family Guy? Cartoons started out as mindless fun.

I think it's great that they co-exist. Although I probably wouldn't care if they were both cancelled in order to bring back Futurama.:)

MinionZombie
12-Feb-2008, 09:22 PM
South Park - in my view - is way better than Family Guy.

FG is very up and down, sometimes it's really funny, sometimes it's f*cking abominably dull...recently I've found American Dad to be a far funnier show between that and FG.

South Park however continues strong, and will willingly poke fun at itself. It tackles complex issues with a mix of right and left wing politics in their resolutions - basically, common sense solutions - and they do so with a great slab of childish humour, because really, who wants to grow up?

Well, some people, but I will forever think fart jokes are the bomb. :p

Danny
12-Feb-2008, 09:40 PM
i lean a little towards family guy myself but there both just as good one is parading as an adult comedy abotu family but its a lowbrow college humour type show. the other is a smartly wirtten and often satirical cartoon parading as a childish college humour type show, they both rock animated urotsokidoji cock i could never compare them becuase ,well, i own every episode of both on dvd so i cant say anything other than THERE BOTH BETTER THAN ANY SIMPSONS EPISODE SINCE 2000.

- i wont go out of my way to watch king of the hill, but if im passing and its on ill watch it, im repulsed and drawn in for the same reason, becuase its got the most heart of the shows if you get me.

and loved the gag in petergheist "a-hahahahah...propane." :lol:

SymphonicX
13-Feb-2008, 09:15 PM
I think SP unfairly ridiculed FG...saying the jokes are interchangable and irrelevant etc - whilst that may be true it doesn't detract from the razor sharp wit of the writers,...I see it as tangent comedy, it veers off randomly into other subjects then brings you back laughing....South Park however, is VERY VERY intelligent. It is by far NOT a highschool humour based show...the plits and dialogue are deep and the jokes are rooted heavily in popular culture and they consistently tackle issues - they've come a long, long way since the days of Cartman get's an Anal probe - now the shows are political, harsh and meaningful...just look at the Micheal jackson episode, or the Wall-mart episode, they're talking about real things - even the FG eps of SP tackle the Prophet Muhammed issue...they don't take things lightly, both shows are excellent and very worthy...much prefer them over The Simpsons.

Rottedfreak
14-Feb-2008, 09:04 AM
I read a bit more about Cartoon Wars and realised there was more to it then a rant at Family Guy and may have been hasty in posting in light of the fact they did indicate they respect it.
The endorsments of the episode from the various hacks who's shows are long since cancelled was the only real low point.