PDA

View Full Version : 127 reasons why Ghey08 blows...

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2008, 02:58 PM
Damn, this list was so long I had to split it into two parts!

Obviously, this is riddled with spoilers. But the movie is so bad, it honestly doesn't matter one iota.

Needless to say, it's literally the worst film I've ever seen. Also, it goes without saying that I couldn't be farther from surprised.

*cracks knuckles* here we go...

1) Sh*te, bargain basement budget titles.
2) Retarded 'scary' quick cuts for no good reason.
3) ADHD-addled first shot.
4) Second shot - sh*te music, couple of idiots slow-dancing.
5) Teenagers like to have sex ... what a novel and never-before-used idea! One couple are essentially dogging on a sofa for the entire world to see, while the other are the nervous breed of teenager sexers.
6) Ah geez, is that the skank from season 5 of Nip/Tuck?
7) "Hey, let's explore."
8) Figure flashes through frame, 'scary' music cue...why didn't anyone think of this ever before in the history of cinema-history history?!
9) Retarded flashes of colour for no apparent reason during the 'bunch of idiots complaining in a traffic jam' shot.
10) Ving Rhames rapes the legend of Captain Rhodes within seconds.
11) Corporal Cross - aka that-one-from-American-Pie ... she'd never last a day in the army.
12) Rhames might as well say get gangsta and say "f*ck all y'all" when he talks to Cross.
13) The retard-flashes continue, and we're still watching this idiot follow strange noises.
14) Oh my g0dz0rz, Nip/Tuck/skank jumps out at him! I'm so scared!!!11!1!!
15) All radio DJs are hippies and hate the government - originality strikes!
16) God-awful semi-thrash-nu-metal garbage music.
17) Alone in the woods, strange noises ... I genuinely don't know what's going to happen!!!1!1!11
18) Insane amount of noise from unseen 'zombie'.
19) Slut-bag has a tattoo ... oh how clever, after she's dragged away that neatly severed chunk of flesh lands in front of the camera, oh wow you guys.
20) Nick Cannon is introduced ... within 3 seconds he dives into the bossy, attitude-filled gangsta stereotype. He's already annoying.
21) Soldier who can't do anything right, originality continues to reign supreme. Wasn't he in Nip/Tuck as well?
22) Nick Cannon's got nothing but sex on the brain ... America weeps for the representation of their military.
23) Cross has seen exciting? She hasn't just joined up? And there I was thinking she was still best suited to hanging around f*cked apple pies.
24) "Nothing ever happens in this town anyway" - fate is tempted with the subtlety of a barge pole.
25) Oh Jesus - THIS GUY is Howard Sherman's replacement?
26) Teenagers like to f*ck, therefore we MUST see it.
27) Nobody's actually intimidated by Mena Suvari...camouflage or not.
28) Suvari's performance is as lifeless as her character as she checks on her fate-temptingly ill mother.
29) Everybody's ill, but nobody is at all worried.
30) Jesus ... we're only quarter of an hour in. Why are televisions always displaying static after the place has been turned over?
31) "Don't worry, it's not loaded" - then you're even more useless, Corporal Cross, aren't you?
32) Oh my god, there's blood all over the bedroom ... but it's fine that the living room is smeared all over with it though.
33) Why would two bodies be standing up behind a curtain, aside from specifically to set up an awful 'jump scare'.
34) Mobile phones are still always useless during a crisis in movie-land.
35) The reason for your unloaded gun is "complicated", eh? Guess you shouldn't be in the army, huh?
36) "I'm a vegetarian by the way" ... evidently the 'vegetarian zombie Bud' thing wasn't just a nightmare.
37) Remind me how this has anything to do with Romero's original movie aside from name-rape?
38) Evidently, platonic working relationships are a thing of the past as future-veggie-'zombie' tells Cross' mother her daughter is hot ... clearly Steve Miner's army have nothing better to do than each other.
39) It's a virus, see?! Oh you don't? Oh well, we'd better chuck some weird sound effects and fake-film-grain onto the wobbly footage then!
40) Doc Logan is now a pretty-boy.
41) Shed-load of cash wasted on dumb-dumb shots of the big, bad virus taking over some guy's cells...thus apparently justifying months of decomposition in 5 seconds ... and leaping ... and running.
42) So nowadays people zombify by standing still?
43) Velociraptor-style screaming 'zombies' run really fast in a really silly way before attacking a random bit-parter.
44) Rubbish digital blood on one component knocks out the entire electricity sub-station, and thank f*ck for that too, because I was feeling desperate for another horror cliche after that 15 second absence.
45) Despite zombification here meaning you just sit still for a few minutes, we still have 'zombies' driving cars - which aren't dented at all. You'd have thought you'd crash during your paralysing zombification, wouldn't you? Digital 'zombie' gets up and shames a generation of the living dead to genre newbies.
46) Another rubbish 'scare' scene.
47) The genre-faithful weep, or laugh mockingly, or do both as random soldier guy gets literally pounced on by three 'zombies', one of whom literally almost flies ... f*ck it ... it flies.
48) Another 'zombie', with an even sillier scream, jumps through a glass door - but can't do it twice for some reason.
49) More parkour 'zombies', more insanely-premature-decomposition, more silly screams.
50) "Oh my God, you're f*cking kidding me!" ... is what I actually said out-loud as a ****ty CGI 'zombie' scuttles across the ceiling. SERIOUSLY.
51) Meanwhile, after plenty of chaos, Ving Rhames has only just discovered sh*t has hit the fan.
52) Since when did a pistol sound like that? And was that seriously a ketchup bottle fart noise for some digital blood?
53) So are all the 'zombies' put into double-speed during editing?
54) F*ck, we're only a third of the way through?
55) 'Zombie' jumps up to a first floor window.
56) Yet more unnecessary flash-flash-skittery camera work/editing to attempt to wake you up.
57) "What kind of soldier are you?" - exactly - a sh*t one with an unloaded gun, geez!
58) "What is with you two?" - "It's complicated" - WHAT is complicated? You met a few hours ago, you're both rubbish recruits, how is that complicated?!
59) Yet another cliche - 'teens banging at a door whilst being chased'.
60) "Are you one of them?!" - do they run at 2x speed, sound like Raptors and are they covered in insanely premature decomposition? NO, you fat, hippie prat!

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2008, 03:00 PM
61) Oh-my-g0dz0rz you guys, a sick person in our midst! Why didn't anyone think of that in the history of cinema?!
62) Did we see Rhodes get attacked? Either they dropped the ball (again) or it left so little impact it was as if it never happened.
63) Why the f*ck would 'zombie' Rhodes eat his own dangling eye ball?! Zombies don't eat themselves, you f*cking ninnies!
64) Is it me or is 'zombie' Rhodes barking like a dog?
65) Why bang the ceiling with a mop when you can apparently crawl across them? Par-for-the-course retardation precedes a bunch of pogo-hopping 'zombies' trying to grab at Corporal American Pie, who evidently doesn't need hands to hold herself up as she dangles from the cleanest air vent you've ever seen.
66) This Doc Logan continues to be utterly pointless.
67) Yet another 'he's been bit and will zombify, but I won't let them be killed' scene.
68) "I put bleach on it!"
69) 'Zombie' Mom gets a tip-off from the radio broadcast...lame.
70) Nick Cannon constructs ... a saw on a stick ... he did ... I laughed.
71) Doc Logan props up a wall - the most useful thing he's done thus far.
72) "Nice spear" - yet another 'foot-in-mouth white guy VS over-sensitive black guy' stereotypical scene...is this their stab at social commentary? Is this just a lame joke that's an offence to comedy? Methinks the latter.
73) Since when does a saw cut like a samurai sword?
74) The remainder of the budget is spent on digital gore, perhaps this was why they couldn't afford to over-crank the camera to get slow motion, so instead they just did the reverse of what they'd done with the 'zombies'.
75) A bunch of 'zombies' dive out of various windows of the hospital - yes, hospital - not underground silo, a friggin' hospital ... how is this a remake of "Day of the Dead" again?
76) "Come on y'all" ... Nick Cannon continues to annoy amidst the digital blood.
77) "Where's Logan?" - "What a dick!" - finally, I agree with something here ... which only saddens me ... f*ck you, movie!
78) Evidently fire disintegrates 'zombie' arms and makes their heads pop ... okaaaaay.
79) "Nice shot" - "It was kinda gangsta, huh?" - the world weeps.
80) Everybody turns on each other ... we all still don't care.
81) Nick Cannon - covered in guns, still annoying.
82) Nick Cannon - amidst a town ridden with chaos, still finds the time for a punk-ass attitude ... the annoyance continues unabated.
83) "We're getting out of here?" - "We are?" ... sigh.
84) Amidst a town over-run with leaping Raptor-'zombies', let's take the time for emotional exchanges in the open street.
85) "He's a vegetarian" - the collective nightmares of the genre fans is realised, their mocking groans ring out into the night.
86) 'Zombie' crush ... Nick Cannon's still a twat.
87) 'Zombies' with guns - a good idea done badly - and they seem to have unlimited ammo.
88) "The f*ck was that?" - oh, gee, probably one of the things that have been running around for the past several hours perhaps?!
89) More digital ketchup blood, as bad as the cack-handed sibling in-fighting 'back story'.
90) Teen-drama-style 'zombie' crush continues ... generations of genre fans roll their eyes.
91) Nick Cannon - still a twat ... 'zombie' crush - still a sh*t idea.
92) The sibling relationship is "complicated" - no, it's boring and weak.
93) Because a gigantic Humvee, designed for warfare, couldn't survive dinging into a small tree in the woods, they've all pissed off back to the woodland teen sex romp building, but within 2 minutes the plan's gone to ****.
94) All of a sudden they all think they're Rambo in the operations room attack scene in "Aliens" ... but they're not.
95) More digital ketchup blood lameness.
96) A 'zombie' crawls across a wall like a spider, and now anybody can be a 'one hit wonder' gun-toter.
97) No doubt a secret military bunker - worst defended and worst kept secret ever.
98) A poor-man's Windows 3.1 display gives us the lowdown on *gasps with surprise* - no doubt a secret biochemical test!
99) Why kick open doors to small rooms, which are fully viewable through the massive windows they all have?
100) Mena Suvari - least convincing Rambette ever ... apart from maybe Dakota Fanning ... or a brick with lipstick on.
101) "What is Project Wildfire?" - Doc Logan, still a douche, but actually in charge of some apparent plot. This movie still sucks.
102) From unloaded, to loaded ... Corporal Cross is still devoid of actual threat.
103) Bio-chemical agents - I f*cking knew it - genre ultra-cliches pile up like flying 'zombies' at a hospital.
104) Of course your crap bio-chemical weapon caused the outbreak you ninny-brained n00b!
105) Convenient video evidence remains, despite what the hard-drive deleting Windows 3.1 display told us.
106) "Some people have a natural immunity" - thank f*ck we just so happen to be following those individuals, huh?
107) Nick Cannon still thinks he's Rambo, but is actually an idiot because you can't fire and reload a pump-action shotgun with one hand on an out-stretched arm. Drop the Uzi, you poser.
108) Everybody wastes a ton of ammo, completely missing the slowest moving 'zombie' thus far seen in the movie.
109) The Nip/Tuck, barely legal slag-bag is still useless and Nick Cannon still thinks he's on MTV.
110) Hey, let's all fire off more ammo at the ceiling because we heard a noise!
111) Pretty-boy Doc Logan informs us we're now facing a super-brain 'zombie' for the third, lamest act...but it never actually happens.
112) Nick Cannon is now history boy and missile expert, leading our band of morons to their escape route from the in-escapable super-serial-secret underground army bunker!
113) Quietest attack from above ever. Pretty-boy Logan's gone, finally we're close to the end, after another lame 'jump scare' attempt.
114) "Why do white people always wanna split up?" - self-referential, lame, race-based 'comedy' returns.
115) Despite being ever-so-referential and cool, let's all split up anyway like it's never been done before.
116) "You look hot" - amidst death and carnage, teenagers still like to think about f*cking.
117) Hey Presto! Within seconds they've found history-boy's silo!
118) Nick Cannon wastes a ****-load more ammo by firing at nothing for no good reason beyond "just in case".
119) No more Wild'n'Out for Cannon, but we still don't care.
120) Seriously, we're gonna do the McGuyver thing again?
121) "Hey, Sarah. Don't get eaten" - the world groans.
122) Infected people! We must have wobbly cameras and fake-film-grain! ... I begin to lose the will to live.
123) 'Zombies' turn on 'Veggie-Zombie' Bud ... my eyes can't stop rolling, the momentum has taken over.
124) The biggest, longest fireball you've ever seen disintegrates all the 'zombies'. We're still laughing.
125) A plague which makes dead people run, leap, fly and rot super-fast is "flu-like", huh?
126) Another crap 'jump scare' attempt - another youfail.org - still with the fake-film-rot effects.
127) Credits - everybody should be completely ashamed of themselves.

I thought "Return of the Living Dead 4" was the worst film I'd ever seen (and I've seen "Children of the Living Dead"), but this is now definitely the worst film I've ever seen.

Neil
13-Feb-2008, 03:23 PM
Everybody's ill, but nobody is at all worried.

LMFAO!!!!

capncnut
13-Feb-2008, 03:43 PM
Nick Cannon is introduced... within 3 seconds he dives into the bossy, attitude-filled gangsta stereotype. He's already annoying.
The moment I clapped eyes on him I was looking forward to seeing him die onscreen.

Why are televisions always displaying static after the place has been turned over?
Good f**king point!

Velociraptor-style screaming 'zombies' run really fast in a really silly way before attacking a random bit-parter.
Yup, these make the Dawn 04 zombies look like shamblers.

Another 'zombie', with an even sillier scream, jumps through a glass door - but can't do it twice for some reason.
LOL, I thought exactly the same thing.

"Oh my God, you're f*cking kidding me!" ... is what I actually said out-loud as a ****ty CGI 'zombie' scuttles across the ceiling. SERIOUSLY.
I think I said something like, 'Oh, for f**ks sake!' :D

Is it me or is 'zombie' Rhodes barking like a dog?
YES! He was. "Ruff-ruff-ruff!" :lol:

Doc Logan props up a wall - the most useful thing he's done thus far.
Most of the characters were underdeveloped in this turd.

"Nice spear" - yet another 'foot-in-mouth white guy VS over-sensitive black guy' stereotypical scene...is this their stab at social commentary?
That was lame, as was 99.9% of the lines delivered by Prick Cannon.

"He's a vegetarian" - the collective nightmares of the genre fans is realised, their mocking groans ring out into the night.
I know, that was a laugh-out-loud quote from Suvari.

"Hey, Sarah. Don't get eaten" - the world groans.
I gotta admit, even I raised a dry smile at that one. :sneaky:

'Zombies' turn on 'Veggie-Zombie' Bud ... my eyes can't stop rolling, the momentum has taken over.
This baffled me too, zombies that eat their own flesh (Rhames, eyeball, WTF?) and turn on their own. How ridiculous!

Credits - everybody should be completely ashamed of themselves.
Best part of the film.

Remind me how this has anything to do with Romero's original movie aside from name-rape?
I honestly have nothing to say to that, mate.

Neil
13-Feb-2008, 04:09 PM
CGI 'zombie' scuttles across the ceiling

Holy Christ of all things scripted! How did this thing even make it to film?

If there's a commentary track on the DVD I'd love to hear it!!!!!

Legion2213
13-Feb-2008, 04:14 PM
Ving Rhames rapes the legend of Captain Rhodes within seconds.

And for that alone, all involved in this twat of a movie should be hanged from cranes...until they quite totally and utterly dead. :mad:

Edit: I also believe that these people also owe MZ several hours of his life back!

LEGEND
http://www.pathtoterror.com/Movies/DayoftheDead/CaptainRhodes_01.jpg

Griff
13-Feb-2008, 05:18 PM
So, did they ever explain what was so 'complicated' about Sarah's situation? And just why was that DJ character in the movie again?

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't remember any actual explanation to Sarah's oh-so-difficult and "complicated" back story, literally nothing. If you're not going to explain, why bother at all?!

Legion -
all involved in this twat of a movie should be hanged from cranes - that is f*cking hilarious. :lol::D

It's sooooooooo bad this movie, it's unbelievable.

Anybody know how you submit stuff to AICN? I was thinking of sending my list of grievances to them.

Neil
13-Feb-2008, 06:14 PM
I don't remember any actual explanation to Sarah's oh-so-difficult and "complicated" back story, literally nothing. If you're not going to explain, why bother at all?!

Legion - - that is f*cking hilarious. :lol::D

It's sooooooooo bad this movie, it's unbelievable.

Anybody know how you submit stuff to AICN? I was thinking of sending my list of grievances to them.

Oh please PLEASE do!!! You can just email it in!

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2008, 07:39 PM
Oh please PLEASE do!!! You can just email it in!
Consider it emailed, sent it to Harry.

Hopefully they post it, I certainly got a chuckle out of bitching about this crap-fest. :D

capncnut
13-Feb-2008, 07:42 PM
Consider it emailed, sent it to Harry.
I hope he can wipe enough burger relish off his monitor to read it. :D

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2008, 07:44 PM
I hope he can wipe enough burger relish off his monitor to read it. :D
I hope the title stands out - "127 reasons in 85 minutes why Day of the Dead 2008 blows". :D

DubiousComforts
13-Feb-2008, 09:02 PM
I almost feel like I've seen the film now.

Thanks for that. :p

kidgloves
13-Feb-2008, 09:21 PM
"Skank from nip/tuck"
WTF.
Where's the hatred come from?
That's extremely harsh mate

MinionZombie
13-Feb-2008, 10:21 PM
That bubble-gum-lip-sticked chick who plays the skank on Nip/Tuck recently, the one who's a devilish poisoner and jail baiter.

Just a far more entertaining way of referring to the character, rather than the actress. Although in all honesty I didn't care for her acting in Ghey08 at all ... but then again, I didn't care for anybody's acting in Ghey08 ... nor did I care for anything in Ghey08. :D

Also, the dude who plays *sigh* Bud, played Sean's future-grown-up-baby-son in season 4 of Nip/Tuck (the kid with the problem with the hands).

ZombiePrototype
13-Feb-2008, 11:32 PM
MZ that was one of the funniest things that I have read in a long time, but could you answer a couple of questions for me 1. Would you say that people would have more fun actually living through a zombie apocalypse and maybe get eaten rather than watch this movie because that would be my guess. 2. Do you think us zombie fans should do what people did in the seventies to Disco records and organise dvd burnings and burn as many copies of this movies dvd as possible, The only problem that I can see would be that everything that we can think of to do to this movie is going to be too good for it.

triste realtà
14-Feb-2008, 04:58 AM
63) Why the f*ck would 'zombie' Rhodes eat his own dangling eye ball?! Zombies don't eat themselves, you f*cking ninnies!

Remember, Bub ate the part of his face that came off with the razor. That was a recent WTF moment for me after almost 20 years of watching this awesome, awesome movie. I said "Wait a minute, why would he eat his own dead rotting skin." Logan owes us an explanation cause he thought he would do that.

Another thing I noticed with the overdubbed swears in the 2 disc edition: they took some "Jesus"s out, and that was the only word censored I think, but they didn't take all of them out. What is up with that?

And also does it look like they spent a lot of money making this movie, cause it would be cool if they lose it all.

capncnut
14-Feb-2008, 06:23 AM
Remember, Bub ate the part of his face that came off with the razor.
Good point, Triste!

MinionZombie
14-Feb-2008, 10:26 AM
ZP - to both questions - YES. :D

Triste - there's a whopping difference between Bub tasting his own flesh (which he then dribbles out profusely immediately after - he's clearing tasting his own flesh out of curiosity, as it's no doubt the first time any of his own flesh has ended up in his hands, similar to how that of humans he's eaten has ended up there) ... and Ving Rhodes absolutely gorging himself, practically popping a boner, for his own eyeball...then he has the gall to "woof" his way through the rest of his part. :rolleyes:

No idea what the budget was, but I'm shocked to see it standing at 4-point-friggin-5 out of 10 on IMDb!!! :eek:

*sniffs the air*

Smells like those Ghey08 plants again, remember when they turned up here professing in favour of the film? Losers. :lol:

capncnut
14-Feb-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm shocked to see it standing at 4-point-friggin-5 out of 10 on IMDb!!! :eek:

*sniffs the air*

Smells like those Ghey08 plants again, remember when they turned up here professing in favour of the film? Losers. :lol:
Nah, I reckon a lot of the Yawn 04 brigade will like it. If they like runners then zombies that do the bionic jump and headbutt doors will be a wet dream. Just wait until it's released... :D

MinionZombie
14-Feb-2008, 08:01 PM
Not to mention all the parkour antics and the one that flat-out flies. :lol:

Smells like somebody was desperate to mate 28 Days Later and Yawn04 ... but Steve Miner ... no, just no Sir. :shifty:

bd2999
17-Feb-2008, 01:44 AM
You are my hero.

ILoVeZoMbiE
18-Feb-2008, 11:30 AM
MinionZombie, your "analysis" is perfect!! :)

This "movie"... :hurl:

Neil
18-Feb-2008, 11:59 AM
IMDB still has this thing sitting at around 4.4/10...

This comment by a reviewer should be of interest to you - "Much better than 'Land of the Dead' and most other zombie flicks,"

Mike70
18-Feb-2008, 01:19 PM
This comment by a reviewer should be of interest to you - "Much better than 'Land of the Dead' and most other zombie flicks,"

dem be fightin' words. i wonder if this comment was posted by:

a. someone suffering serious mental issues
b. someone under 12
c. friend or family of one of the cast/crew.

MinionZombie
18-Feb-2008, 01:31 PM
*ding ding ding ding ding*

The answer is C, Sir.

Like those losers who registered on the forum to defend it and say it was awesome, geeeeeeez. The movie blows goats, fact...actually, it blows so many goats I've heard it was in a goat-blowing-bukkake-movie that lasts for 5 hours! :eek:

DjfunkmasterG
18-Feb-2008, 08:48 PM
If this movie wasn't titled Day of the Dead and had zero references to the original film... people wouldn't be sh1tting all over this like they are right now. Granted it isn't the best film ever made, and it has much that needs improvement, but if it was titled something else and was just a generic B zombie movie, most people would probably dig it, or at least have enjoyed it more.

This is not as bad as Children of the Living Dead or House of the Dead. It is at least watchable, and if you just forget that it is called Day of the Dead you would probably at least get a kick out of the zombie mayhem and gore.

kidgloves
18-Feb-2008, 11:18 PM
Sorry DJ but its a piece of ****. Even without the title it blows. How you can even call it a zombie movie is beyond me. The scene where dead Ving is in the air duct and Nick Cannon is telling him to shut up alone deserves the upmost amount of scorn. A truly atrocious pile of garbage.

bassman
18-Feb-2008, 11:20 PM
Sorry DJ but its a piece of ****. Even without the title it blows. How you can even call it a zombie movie is beyond me. The scene where dead Ving is in the air duct and Nick Cannon is telling him to shut up alone deserves the upmost amount of scorn. A truly atrocious pile of garbage.

That's the same thing he says when people say that they genuinely don't like Dawn04.

Mike70
18-Feb-2008, 11:27 PM
This is not as bad as Children of the Living Dead or House of the Dead. It is at least watchable.

could anything be as bad as children of the living dead? well maybe the so-called 30th anniversary edition raping of the original NOTLD.

house of the dead is just plain ridiculous.

MinionZombie
19-Feb-2008, 10:07 AM
That's the same thing he says when people say that they genuinely don't like Dawn04.
:lol: I know...

And I'll whip out my similar retort.

While the name-rape of it all is certainly a grievance of mine, if this movie was called anything other than Day of the Dead, such as "bunch of idiots in a sh*t movie" or whatever, all my 127 grievances would remain, because it's a f*cking sh*t movie. It's god-awful.

In all honesty, I preferred Children of the Living Dead over this garbage, and COTLD was gash. At least it had Savini at the start, but it was an atrocious movie (with or without the "of the Living Dead" and 'real sequel' pretensions it held).

And besides, these films are specifically remakes. They're constantly touting the original film in their wake and those involved are always preaching about their so-called love & respect for Romero's original (while raping it in the ass at the same time), my point being, the fact that these films are remakes doesn't go away. These being remakes is a part of the movies themselves and it is inescapable. So the "different name" argument is daft, to me at least, for two reasons as out-lined here just now in front of your face ... sitting there with you drink ... and on your chair ... in your house ... as you download pornography ... yep ... I see you. :shifty::p

DjfunkmasterG
19-Feb-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't argue the dialog and script sucks, but the zombie mayhem stuff is the only thing that kept me watching it. I watched it again last night and yes it is a piece of crap, but come on.... seeing the hospital overrun with zombies, and the parking lot and main street of town being turned into a slaughter house was pretty neat.

I agree on almost all other points, but for zombie mayhem this had enough of it. However, like I said forget the title and you guys would enjoy the zombie carnage as well. And again, you keep using Romero's rules. This isn't Uncle George's film, he did not direct it. So if Steve Miner chose to take it in a new direction that is his decision. I don't see you guys pissing and moaning about The Return of the Living Dead, and that has talking zombies whom are smart enough to set up ambushes.

It seems you guys have a double standard for your zombie flicks. Its ok to do this, this and this. For example... you have no problem with Big Daddy running around and whining for 97 minutes, using a machine gun and coordinating a massive charge on fiddlers green, but let someone else bring in smart zombies, amp up their abilities (Although I agree the zombie on the ceiling was stupid) and you piss and moan about it.

I hate Land because from beginning to end the entire execution was poor, and I hold Romero to a higher standard than I do the people behind Day 08. His choice in actors for Big Daddy was completely stupid, he gave his zombie more emotions than most living humans carry in their pinky toe, and the concept of a safe city being held for ransom was quite stupid. At least with Day 08 the zombies were straight killing machines, albeit fast and furious, but still they killed. Zombie Bud... well they failed executing that segment, although I did laugh when he was on screen.

I don't disagree that Day 08 isn't without issue, but it is nowhere near as bad as you guys make it out to be. You all walked in with low expectations, even a hard on for it to fail so what did you expect... you were going to nit pick about it from beginning to end. Yes it did deserve it to some extent, but not the bashing it is getting right now. You guys are taking it over board. Especially you Minion… Your list of 127 items just shows how much hate you had going in, and I bet you had to stop the film every ten seconds just to jot this stuff down.

You complained about Ving Rhames raping the legend of Capt. Rhodes. Seriously, what did you expect him to do? Play it the same exact way? We already have that version. We don’t need it again. I think Ving as a human was the only decent actor in this flick whereas everyone else was worthless. You complaint about TV static was a joke man. If a TV is knocked on its side, maybe, just maybe the cable came undone and therefore it may have static, plus the military did block all phone communication, what’s not saying they disrupted internet and TV…. Open your mind up a bit MZ.

You also complain on the zombification of people. Again, this isn’t Romero’s film, and last time I check Uncle George is no longer the only person that can make a decent zombie film, Zack Snyder has pulled it off. How or why the zombie virus does what it does is no big concern, everyone is allowed to change the rules for their film. Again, stop relying on George’s mythology so much. This is a new millennium, a new era, and things are going to change, even your beloved slow zombies.

Basically the point is, yes the film has problems and needs work to fix a lot of it, but I still think you guys are beating to death unfairly. You are giving it as much scorn as if it was House, Night 30th or even Children. This film is way better, and deserves better. It may not be Day of the Dead… which frankly who cares… The title is just a title. Seriously guys… grow up a bit.

MinionZombie
19-Feb-2008, 03:58 PM
Of course 'a title is just a title', but titles can suck on their own in separate cases.

But my points are still valid. These films from the off simply ARE remakes. They tout themselves as remakes, therefore they deserve to get bitching in that theme.

HOWEVER - as I've also said, and like I've said before with Yawn04 - same title or not, the films still suck. Just accept our opinions for what they are (no, not "rubbish" :rolleyes::p) and leave us be! :):D

Mike70
19-Feb-2008, 04:29 PM
127) Credits - everybody should be completely ashamed of themselves.

that is for sure.

i need to go back through the threads and find the one where i predicted that steve miner would totally screw the pooch with this thing.

addendum:
couldn't find it. maybe i''ve been smoking too many poprocks lately but i did fiind this gem of a quote from DJ:

The DAY remake cost $18 million and has the same crap look and acting as Contagium and it's supposed $9,000,000 budget. So if COntagium cost 9 mil who snorted the 8.5 worth of blow, and if the Day remake cost $18 mil, who snorted 17.9 mil worth of blow)

DjfunkmasterG
19-Feb-2008, 04:54 PM
I need to retract someof that because it looks like they only snorted 15 million in blow.

The Day remake is still bad, but not a total waste of a zombie film.

Yojimbo
24-Feb-2008, 11:50 PM
The movie blows goats, fact...actually, it blows so many goats I've heard it was in a goat-blowing-bukkake-movie that lasts for 5 hours! :eek:

Minon, that list was about the most hilarious thing I have read for about as long as I can remember. Kudos to you, sir! Love to see what you would have done for the other crappy zombie film attempts out there like House of the Dead or Contagium.

A toast to Minon.

MinionZombie
25-Feb-2008, 10:24 AM
Craptagium eh?

Well I do have a copy...maybe I'll do one for that some day. :)

I think I have House of the Dead sitting somewhere unwatched too...*rubs hands*...one day, one day. :p

Glad you enjoyed the list.

Neil
25-Feb-2008, 12:01 PM
Craptagium eh?

Well I do have a copy...maybe I'll do one for that some day. :)

I think I have House of the Dead sitting somewhere unwatched too...*rubs hands*...one day, one day. :p

Glad you enjoyed the list.

I assume you never heard back from AICN?

MinionZombie
25-Feb-2008, 01:38 PM
I assume you never heard back from AICN?
Nope, didnay...:(

Ah well, their loss on 127 laughs. :D

capncnut
25-Feb-2008, 02:56 PM
Ah well, their loss on 127 laughs. :D
I blame the burger sauce. :D

MinionZombie
07-Mar-2008, 09:17 AM
Heads up Yawn04 haters, I'm amidst a bitch list for Snyder's gash-fest. Still another session left to go, but an hour in with over 70 bitchings...truthfully I didn't expect this many so soon.