PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead 2

bd2999
17-Feb-2008, 06:42 PM
Alright, I saw this movie when it first came out and its crap. There is no way to sugar coat it otherwise, and I am not going to review it or anything because to be honest its not worth the time.

Anyway, what I am saying that everyone who has the misfortune of owning this movie should do is watch it, when you are board, with the commentary on. These guys are hilarious. They think that they made a movie on par with the original Day or other Romero folms and they are talking about how good the camera shots and fx and such are. Its good stuff.

Not to mention that they keep calling the movie Day of the Dead, like they were making the original thing. Its worth the watch if you have nothing else to do and want to laugh at something that is trying to be serious. I mean its bad in a funny way. Then watch the Romero commentary on Day and enjoy what people who know what they are doing talk.

hadrian0117
17-Feb-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that I actually own this piece of crap. :o Borders was running a buy two, get one free sale and I wasted my free movie.:annoyed:

acealive1
17-Feb-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that I actually own this piece of crap. :o Borders was running a buy two, get one free sale and I wasted my free movie.:annoyed:

amazon usually runs a romero sale in the summer. i got the dawn 2 disc edition and night 90 for a total of $12 and change

Danny
17-Feb-2008, 09:20 PM
i watched 20 seconds on the horror channel and was done.

Mike70
17-Feb-2008, 11:00 PM
day of the dead 2 is a complete and total abomination. all the prints of this travestical piece of sheyat should be gathered up and shot into the sun for the good of human culture- along with anyone who actually likes this "film."

bd2999
17-Feb-2008, 11:24 PM
day of the dead 2 is a complete and total abomination. all the prints of this travestical piece of sheyat should be gathered up and shot into the sun for the good of human culture- along with anyone who actually likes this "film."

Someone likes this movie? Actually I met someone who had seen the DotD remake and part 2 and they liked both of them but they did not like the original Night or Dawn. So go figure, something wrong in the upbringing there. I debated on a mercy killing (or at the least an explanation), but they just said the old movies are to slow and the zombies are not scary.

I got the movie as a gift from my brother, who also sort of likes zombie movies, but he saw it and since I like Day he got it. Very nice gesture, terrible movie. I am just trying to point out a redeeming quaility. If it can be called that. It takes it from a -100 to something like a -98. And that is for the humor alone.

Mike70
17-Feb-2008, 11:34 PM
Someone likes this movie? Actually I met someone who had seen the DotD remake and part 2 and they liked both of them but they did not like the original Night or Dawn. So go figure, something wrong in the upbringing there. I debated on a mercy killing (or at the least an explanation), but they just said the old movies are to slow and the zombies are not scary.

I got the movie as a gift from my brother, who also sort of likes zombie movies, but he saw it and since I like Day he got it. Very nice gesture, terrible movie. I am just trying to point out a redeeming quaility. If it can be called that. It takes it from a -100 to something like a -98. And that is for the humor alone.

i know dude that you were trying to point out the idiotic nature of the folks on the commentary and not trying to defend this flick which is utterly undefendable. i sat through this crapfest too because it was a like a bloody car wreck - horrible but you have to slow down to look.

as a fellow zombie freak i will watch any movie once that has zombies in it. hell i even sat through house of the dead and the video dead, two truley horrible movies - so horrible ed wood would've been envious of them both.

AcesandEights
18-Feb-2008, 12:08 AM
All I want to know is if it's worse than House of the Dead or Day of the Dead: Contagion?

Not that I will ever see it :)

bd2999
18-Feb-2008, 12:19 AM
All I want to know is if it's worse than House of the Dead or Day of the Dead: Contagion?

Not that I will ever see it

I thought Vampires vs Zombies and zombie nation along with zombie 4 and zombie 5 come close.

Mike70
18-Feb-2008, 12:21 AM

we are talking contagium here. i don't know if anything could be more horrible than house of the dead...

CapnRhodes
18-Feb-2008, 12:53 AM
we are talking contagium here. i don't know if anything could be more horrible than house of the dead...

HOTD was crap, HOTD 2 was a little better

ILoVeZoMbiE
18-Feb-2008, 11:31 AM

And/or Day of the dead 2008? ;) :p

blind2d
20-Feb-2008, 12:28 PM
Whoa, I got that movie and the director turned out to be some little Hispanic lady! What up with that? Yeah, the commentary is funny, but everything else is $#!%. I mean, who wrote that ending? What were they thinking, having a baby? We didn't even see the baby! Why the hype!? I don't get it... it is crab. :dead:

ProfessorChaos
20-Feb-2008, 07:28 PM
i only watched this abomination once, but that one viewing still haunts me.

my favorite part is when there's a giant scuffle breaking out amongst the morons and in the background the pregnant chick is about to stab herself in the stomach....

it's like they wanted to include the "dramatic" moment of her trying to abort her child, but kinda forgot to keep the camera focused on her....the camera just pans across the room and you catch a glimpse of the pregnant chick (who found out she was pregnant a few days before, yet looks like she's due at any moment) preparing to make a fetus-kabob.

what a pile of garbage.

Yojimbo
23-Feb-2008, 04:17 PM

Am I mistaken, or isn't this and Contagion one in the same?

If there is something as bad as Contagion out there, we are doomed. Congtagion was not fit to smell my sht.

Mike70
23-Feb-2008, 04:28 PM
Am I mistaken, or isn't this and Contagion one in the same?

If there is something as bad as Contagion out there, we are doomed. Congtagion was not fit to smell my sht.

there seems to be a bit of confusion about the full name of the craptacular piece of garbage - which isn't surprising since so many of us have tried to erase the horror of it from our minds.

the full title is day of the dead2: contagium
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411269/

Yojimbo
23-Feb-2008, 05:20 PM
there seems to be a bit of confusion about the full name of the craptacular piece of garbage - which isn't surprising since so many of us have tried to erase the horror of it from our minds.

the full title is day of the dead2: contagium
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411269/

Thanks for the correction, Scipio. "Contagium" it was.