Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dead

Undisclosed

The Dead

A new zombie movie set in Africa. It looks promising. Here are two trailers from BD. What do you guys think?

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18836

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think it looks awesome. The zombies are really slow, and I love it. It looks pretty classy too!

Great Britain
    That looks really good, going to look forward to that later in the year.

United States
    Yeah, I watched the trailers and it does look really good.

Undisclosed
    Here are at least 20 stills. Some are detailed headshots. Another is a 3 still shot of a guy getting ran over with a nasty end still. These are worth checking out. Seriously, I figured you guys would be all over this. I am surprised at the lack of comments.

If these shots will not get people talking, then I do not know what will. Enjoy.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/4458/gallery

Remember, I wasn't wrong about a then unknown movie called REC.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    This looks amazing. Really amazing. I love the dusty, feverish atmosphere of the trailer - the sense of heat and decay and foreboding in the blazing African sun is excellently realized and just so much more ominous and disturbing than the typical Hollywood "dark night" horror movie.

I am DYING to see The Dead.

England
    This looks pretty good.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    You're right, Slickwilly! This does look like it has a ridiculous ammount of potential. I hadn't looked at the trailer till now, as the first time I saw this post I was on a machine that wasn't able to play the vid. Now that I see it, though, I have some real hope for a fun-ride zombie movie.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 06-Feb-2010 at 06:18 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Looks pretty good, is this going to be a cinema release or a straight to DVD movie does anyone know?

United States
    it would be cool if it went to theaters but if it isn't a Hollywood blockbuster, it won't get a proper release. I can tell just by looking at the trailer that this will be good. It reminds me of "Hell of the Living Dead" in a way.

United States
    Las plagas, anyone?
    Chris looks like he let himself go...
    Where's Sheva and Hunnigan?!?!?

Actually, it looks pretty good. Hope it's not another depressingly sucky zombie flick with a deceptively good trailer.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    It reminds me of "Hell of the Living Dead" in a way.
    Actually yeah, you're right, it does recall Zombie Creeping Flesh a little. I remember Fragasso once saying he wanted to do that one as a big budget, shot in Africa, sci-fi allegory with the third world literally rising to consume the first world, played totally straight. But he didn't get the budget and ended up making a jokey, hokey piece of stock-footage riddled schlock. This might be something more along the lines of what he originally intended.

(Obviously, though, the big budget Zombie Creeping Flesh would have been a piece of cheeseball schlock too, being a Mattei/Fragasso production, just perhaps not intentionally so )

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow, this is the first independent zombie movie in a long time that looks seriously well done.

I'm surprised no one's praised the Dawn homage at the end of both trailers; I loved it.

United States
    The film does look interesting and with potential. But, the first superhuman sprinting zombie will ruin it for me and out of my queue for watching it will go...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Actually yeah, you're right, it does recall Zombie Creeping Flesh a little. I remember Fragasso once saying he wanted to do that one as a big budget, shot in Africa, sci-fi allegory with the third world literally rising to consume the first world, played totally straight. But he didn't get the budget and ended up making a jokey, hokey piece of stock-footage riddled schlock. This might be something more along the lines of what he originally intended.

(Obviously, though, the big budget Zombie Creeping Flesh would have been a piece of cheeseball schlock too, being a Mattei/Fragasso production, just perhaps not intentionally so )
    Nah, I think if they had a bigger budget, it would have been more like what Fragasso wanted. Can you believe they actually cut some of the gore scenes? They did the same for Zombie 4. It would have only helped.