Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

United States

Game of Thrones (TV series) excitement

If any of you yahoos havn't read the George RR Martin Series "Song of Ice and Fire", well you need to quit reading this and get to it. . .pronto. It is one of my favorite series of books of all time. Just really really good stuff. It's fantasy, but really its more about intrigue and character interaction than about sword and sorcery.

Having said that, I found out recently that HBO is possibly picking up the series for a show. The casting is wonderful and all is looking well. They recently filmed the pilot. . and I have my fingers, toes, and penises (don't ask) crossed that this goes through. If Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are both on during the same season. . I may never leave my house. . .my pants will be too full of geek spooge to even move off the couch.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/01/hbo-g...fantastic.html
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 29-Aug-2017 at 09:25 AM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    If any of you yahoos havn't read the George RR Martin Series "Song of Ice and Fire", well you need to quit reading this and get to it. . .pronto. It is one of my favorite series of books of all time. Just really really good stuff. It's fantasy, but really its more about intrigue and character interaction than about sword and sorcery.

Having said that, I found out recently that HBO is possibly picking up the series for a show. The casting is wonderful and all is looking well. They recently filmed the pilot. . and I have my fingers, toes, and penises (don't ask) crossed that this goes through. If Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are both on during the same season. . I may never leave my house. . .my pants will be too full of geek spooge to even move off the couch.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/01/hbo-g...fantastic.html
    A few months ago, my dad played one of the king's men in the HBO adaptation. The "pilot" is actually a mini-series of the first book in the series, if the shows does well they will do a new, separate miniseries for each of the novels.

From the stuff he says he saw on the set, it looks like it will be pretty good.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    A few months ago, my dad played one of the king's men in the HBO adaptation. The "pilot" is actually a mini-series of the first book in the series, if the shows does well they will do a new, separate miniseries for each of the novels.

Awesome, Kraken! I had no idea they'd started shooting! I think I've read most of the books in this series 3 or 4 times, as the world is pretty well put-together and expansive and the sort of story is a mix of the wondrous and gritty.

Now if G.R.R. Martin can just get his act together and finish the latest book in the series...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post

Very cool!! It is getting good word from all around, so it's nice to hear it's also looking good from the inside.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Now if G.R.R. Martin can just get his act together and finish the latest book in the series...
    Indeed!!!

United States

Winter is coming!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!! The series has been greenlit!!!!!

http://winter-is-coming.net/

United States
    Well, 'tween this, Walking Dead, and new Doctor Whos coming down the pike, I'm prolly gonna have to stop being such a cheap bastard and spring for cable....>sigh<
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States

New Trailer

The teaser trailer for HBO's game of Thrones was released onto the 'Tubes yesterday:

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    I hope this is real! I don't have volume on my work PC, so I can't hear any of the accompanying sound, but it looks good!

Now, if only we can get that next book...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aint shaun bean in this? he was easily the most underrated actor in the rings trilogy and i have friends from every goddam social circle who lose there shit over this series, im gonna check this out.

Not like theres much good on tv. losts done, dr whos got 2 eps left. right now my tv intake is true bloods new season and like one more episode of stargate universe. i need something to keep me entertained between books and vidyas.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    aint shaun bean in this?
    Yes, he has a pivotal role.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I hope this is real! I don't have volume on my work PC, so I can't hear any of the accompanying sound, but it looks good!

Now, if only we can get that next book...
    Oh yes it's real, that was the preview played on HBO a while back. It looks like filming is in full swing. I am so excited over this show I could . . . oh. . . . oh my. . . nevermind. It looks like it's slated for release in Spring of 2011. So not really that far off!

England
    Great! I hadn't realised it had been filmed.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    Oh my god!!! This is looking amazing!!!! I think I just spooged myself! http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/...ones&view=null

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by dracenstein View Post
    Great! I hadn't realised it had been filmed.
    You know nothing, dracenstein!

(People who have read up to book 4/5 will get this.)

Super Moderator

Germany
    Although old, moved.