Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake (film)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake (film)

Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes is rebooting the live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film.

Let me say that again....PLATINUM DUNES??!? The guys behind the recent trend in horror remakes?

As a fan of the turtles...i'm torn. I'm glad to see another real film, but from these guys?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

United States
    but..... but.... wasn't this just done in 2007?!

I'm seriously confused.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    but..... but.... wasn't this just done in 2007?!

I'm seriously confused.
    That was CG. This is a reboot of the live-action films.

I still enjoy the first film. Give it a watch once or twice a year. Hell....even Secret of the Ooze is enjoyable in a kid-friendly way..

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

I know they're probably trying to make the turtles more realistic but that just looks old and sick.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think that's from the film considering they don't yet have a script. Most likely a fan-made prop.

They'll probably try for a more "realistic" looking design, but hopefully it's not that far out there. Either that or the turtles will just be all CG.

And Michael Bay being Michael Bay....they'll bring Venus back into the series and sex her up a bit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Bald, green chicks rock !

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That was CG. This is a reboot of the live-action films.
    Oh yeah, that's right. Geez, you can see how well I keep up with the turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    And Michael Bay being Michael Bay....they'll bring Venus back into the series and sex her up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Bald, green chicks rock !

GIGGITY!

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Could be a decent way to entertain the kids for ninety minutes, but I'm not expecting much. Something along the lines of Transformers, I guess.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As I suspected, it's decent enough to keep the kids entertained for a while. Not great by any means, but not the train wreck that it could have been. The turtle designs are still weird but they got their personalities down quite well. Lots of eye popping action and some quite funny moments. Jokes for the kids and the adults.

I'll end up buying it for the kids and watching it again myself. It was never going to be an adaptation of the earlier, darker turtles comics as some people had hoped for. It's a combination of the more "real world" turtles with the 80's cartoon. Quite a few good references to that, as well. 6/10. Kids love it.

Administrator

England
    I'm amazed! I thought it would be appalling! Well... well... well
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan