Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Ratings hit!

United States
    "ratings hit" rock bottom, amirite?!?!

geez, i can't believe this show is still running. there's probably like two whole seasons' worth of filler and pointless episodes by this point.

Super Moderator

UK
    Who spilled haterade all over the HPOTD carpet?

Of course these figures are only for the 9pm showing. These don't include the repeat later that same night nor the time shift viewings.

Yes, the viewing figures have fallen overall, but they've also been fairly steady throughout this season. Naturally, the premiere gets the biggest number, but all the headline figures (i.e. just that 9pm showing) have been in the 4.5m to 6m range.

Besides, lots of shows would kill for these ratings in this day and age. Yes, the show does need to work towards a resolution as it's really not practical to keep it going for a daft number of seasons (even the comic is being dragged out too long, but it's far easier to run something for years-and-years when its just drawings on a piece of paper). However, Angela Kang has really improved TWD. If only she'd taken over two seasons earlier.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Who spilled haterade all over the HPOTD carpet?

Of course these figures are only for the 9pm showing. These don't include the repeat later that same night nor the time shift viewings.

Yes, the viewing figures have fallen overall, but they've also been fairly steady throughout this season. Naturally, the premiere gets the biggest number, but all the headline figures (i.e. just that 9pm showing) have been in the 4.5m to 6m range.

Besides, lots of shows would kill for these ratings in this day and age. Yes, the show does need to work towards a resolution as it's really not practical to keep it going for a daft number of seasons (even the comic is being dragged out too long, but it's far easier to run something for years-and-years when its just drawings on a piece of paper). However, Angela Kang has really improved TWD. If only she'd taken over two seasons earlier.
    It’s TWD, MZ, everyone’s favorite punching bag.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I personally wasn’t hating on it. Just reporting the facts, and even admitted that I haven’t seen the new episodes yet. If we report the good, we gotsta report the bad, as well!

And really...4.5m isn’t a bad number. It may seem that way because the show once had such huge numbers by comparison, but for most programs....4.5 is still good.
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Feb-2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I personally wasn’t hating on it. Just reporting the facts, and even admitted that I haven’t seen the new episodes yet. If we report the good, we gotsta report the bad, as well!

And really...4.5m isn’t a bad number. It may seem that way because the show once had such huge numbers by comparison, but for most programs....4.5 is still good.
    Aye, you were being fair with it, so I wasn't ragging on that.

It is funny, but entirely predictable, how the media has talked about TWD's ratings for all these years, and they especially love it when the figures drop. Meanwhile there's shows out there desperate for the same numbers!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye, you were being fair with it, so I wasn't ragging on that.

It is funny, but entirely predictable, how the media has talked about TWD's ratings for all these years, and they especially love it when the figures drop. Meanwhile there's shows out there desperate for the same numbers!
    Pretty much.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 21-Feb-2019 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Ratings!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I found this interesting, but didn’t feel it needed it’s own thread...

On another forum someone shared a conversation that Chandler Riggs(Carl) had participated in on TWD’s reddit page. After a member said that Riggs’ acting wasn’t the best and the character should have been recast, the actor gave a brutally honest answer, saying that his heart wasn’t really in the series for a majority of his time playing Carl.

Riggs:
    Been rewatching TWD over the last couple of months and I agree lol. I think I was decent for the first few years, but I definitely got lazy when I should've utilized the writers giving me more material.

However, for seasons 4-7 (and some of 8) I was putting the majority of my effort into school. Not trying to toot my own horn here but I took like 10 ap classes throughout high school (for some dumbass reason, I guess I just wanted to hate myself even more) and put a lot more effort into my education than into my craft. This is super evident as I'm watching my earlier lackluster performances.

But in season 8, specifically in my last few episodes, is where I feel like I had my most impactful work. I wasn't focused on school since I had decided to move out to LA, and I wanted to leave a strong legacy for Carl on the show. Plus going forward, I wanted to spend way more time expanding my abilities as an actor, and make sure I live up to the standard that I set for myself - and so far, I have.

These last few months have been extremely productive for my craft, and I feel my performances have become so much more powerful and include an amazing amount of depth. I'm super proud of them and really can't wait to show you guys.

In hindsight and in the best interest of the show, I do feel like if I didn't get killed off, things would not have gotten better on my end and TWD might've been better off recasting Carl. Don't get me wrong I loved everything about playing Carl and it would've been really awesome to play out all of those storylines, but I would have been juggling college and the show, and my performances would suffer because of it as shown when I was in high school.

Wow...this got super long winded sorry lol but TLDR: yeah, I sucked when it mattered but I'm a good actor now I promise please someone hire me lol.
    Surprising to see an actor be that real and honest. And truthfully, it’s a good thing that he was focusing as much on his education...
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Feb-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, that's not the usual PR-spin stuff you tend to get. At least it was a good reason for not focusing as much on the acting side - i.e. education - rather than the usual trappings and cliches of child star troubles.

Still, though, I really don't think he was that bad at all!

United States
    He knows he doesn’t really have a future in film. Music seems more his passion.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I found this interesting, but didn’t feel it needed it’s own thread...

On another forum someone shared a conversation that Chandler Riggs(Carl) had participated in on TWD’s reddit page. After a member said that Riggs’ acting wasn’t the best and the character should have been recast, the actor gave a brutally honest answer, saying that his heart wasn’t really in the series for a majority of his time playing Carl.

Surprising to see an actor be that real and honest. And truthfully, it’s a good thing that he was focusing as much on his education...
    That's a classy answer from young Mr.Riggs.

Never thought he was that bad myself. Certainly not to warrant a recast, which is my pet hate for TV and Cinema.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    That's a classy answer from young Mr.Riggs.

Never thought he was that bad myself. Certainly not to warrant a recast, which is my pet hate for TV and Cinema.
    Yeah, it kinda breaks the bubble of illusion, doesn't it? Such things also spill over real world bullshit into the fictional world, which you don't want. Despite all the backroom chaos and lawsuits encircling TWD and AMC, stuff we've all been very much aware of, it mostly doesn't spill over into the show, no doubt helped by the general atmosphere of "#TWDfamily", so you get good crafts people and actors doing great work and offering up something special to the audience.

Super Moderator

UK
    So over the course of the season we've seen a solid core of 4 to 5 million LIVE viewers.

Add in the DVR viewership though and the figures rise to a consistent solid of 7 to 8 million viewers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wa...son_9)#Ratings

United States
    Yet all the clickbait sites constantly run articles on how TWD keeps drawing in record low numbers. Shows would kill to draw in 2-3 million let alone 4-5.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Yet all the clickbait sites constantly run articles on how TWD keeps drawing in record low numbers. Shows would kill to draw in 2-3 million let alone 4-5.
    Aye, and that's just the live airing, too. The online cancer of clickbait loves to crap on good things, it's like those people who continually show up in comment feeds bemoaning the show that they've "not watched since season six" or whatever ... eh?! Why always chipping in on the comment feeds, then? Weird people.

Don't know what the cumulative international numbers are for it, but I'd imagine they're rather healthy.