Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Of Steel (film) - Directed by Zack Snyder

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Man Of Steel (film) - Directed by Zack Snyder

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/01/3...cavill/?hpt=T2

Oh and don't give me any shit Used the search function. This means you search nazi's =O)
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 01-Feb-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: BACON
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's a thread in the ten or so top threads of the media section.

Anyway....dude looks like Superman, I guess. Never seen him in anything. Of course I don't think he will be the problem. The problem will most likely be Snyder's flash over substance. Hopefully i'm wrong.

This guy has been battling it out for DC characters for years now. He was one of the leading contenders for Batman Begins and also Superman Returns. Speaking of Returns....I'm bummed that Routh doesn't get another chance, but I never really expected it anyway. It would have been nice, though. He was a great Kent/Superman.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That thread says No New Superman films So there I am safe.

I will be honest, Snyder directing a Superman film will probably just result, as you said, in a flashier version, but I would like to add... I bet it feels like Superman 3.

I don't like the combination of Snyder and Superman. He was ok for 300 and Watchmen, but Superman... eh....
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I will be honest, Snyder directing a Superman film will probably just result, as you said, in a flashier version...
    This is most likely the reason he was chosen for this reboot. I doubt Nolan helped pick him to direct because he liked his films. Most likely it was the studio saying he's worked with them before, and he can bring in the kiddies with the action. Don't get me wrong....Superman and action will go hand-in-hand. I'm excited to see that stuff, but I'm afraid he'll drop the ball in the other departments. I still say it's a damn shame they didn't let Bryan Singer continue with his planned trilogy. The second film, "Man of Steel", was to be the action oriented flick they wanted....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Why not make movies about other superheroes? Where's the live-action Wonder Woman movie? How come we have to re-hash all this batman/superman/spiderman crap all the time? are we really that boring?
    That said, Thor, eh? whatever...
    "It's the sweet sensation, over the dub," - 2D
    "Wot? Ohhh! Re-hash, that old chestnut! Yes... I see wot you did there..." - Murdoc

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Why not make movies about other superheroes? Where's the live-action Wonder Woman movie? How come we have to re-hash all this batman/superman/spiderman crap all the time? are we really that boring?
    Green Lantern hits theaters this summer, so they are starting to give other DC characters some attention. As for the Superman reboot....it's being rushed along because Warner Brothers has to have a new Superman film out before 2013 or the rights to the character revert back to the creators' families.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Green Lantern hits theaters this summer, so they are starting to give other DC characters some attention. As for the Superman reboot....it's being rushed along because Warner Brothers has to have a new Superman film out before 2013 or the rights to the character revert back to the creators' families.
    well it is a business for them... so it is their decision, but WB doesn't usually mettle with productions when they hand pick someone for the chair. So Zak will be given free reign, but I have a feeling this is going to be another slo-mo fest that will have no redeeming qualities. I like Zack, hell I met the guy and he is cool , but this is not what he is made for... plain and simple.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What happened to no new Superman films?

I've always felt Superman is by far the wimpiest of all the popular superheros.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    "Meddle", DJ... "Mettle" is like... that other thing... you know...
    Then of course there's "metal"...

Wimpy? He can stop a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! What's wimpy about that?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Superman is THE superhero. There would be no superhero genre without him.

I guess for today's audiences he may be "wimpy". Wearing tights, having morals and all. Not all superheroes can be dark like Batman or alcoholics like Iron Man...
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Feb-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: .

United States
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wimpy? First, I've heard that. Most of the complaints I've heard about him is that he's to perfect, or powerful.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Most of the complaints I've heard about him is that he's to perfect, or powerful.
    Which is the reason I hope they give him a physically challenging opponent in this new film. I loved Superman Returns, but it's time to put Luthor on the back burner and bring in someone that poses a physical threat to Supes. Brainiac, Darkseid, Doomsday, hell....maybe even bring back Zod?

It's long overdue for Superman to have a physical fight. That's one thing I agree with on the Superman Returns criticisms. It could have used a bigger finale to quinch that physical threat thirst. The sequel was meant to do that, so let's hope they're going to do that with this reboot. But with Snyder at the helm, I don't think we have to worry about that. SLOOOO MOOOO SUUUUPPPPPEEEEERRRRMMMMAAANNNNN.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Meddle", DJ... "Mettle" is like... that other thing... you know...
    Then of course there's "metal"...

Wimpy? He can stop a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! What's wimpy about that?!
    Thanks for the correction officer. I will be more careful just messing with you blind... relax. I figured I messed it up but said fuck it and posted it anyway beause I don't give a fuck.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yeah... I should've known... English is funny, ain't it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah... I should've known... English is funny, ain't it?
    Why yes it is... Would you like a SPOT a tea?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!