Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    Has a whiff of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" about it...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    While watching the trailer, it occurred to me that Feminists everywhere should be celebrating. It is my understanding that this is the kind of thing that they have been fighting for but for some reason I hardly believe that they will consider it a victory at all.
    While reading your comment, it occured to me that you have no idea what a feminist is.

Administrator

England
    So new Walking Dead episode Monday night... and should be seeing this Tuesday...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So new Walking Dead episode Monday night... and should be seeing this Tuesday...
    I can't wait, for us it is Sunday... Valentine's Day. It's the perfect romantic show to watch with your loved one. I expect major things out this episode if it follows the comic even a little bit.

Also I am really looking forward to P+P+Z. It looks brilliant.
    Last edited by Thorn; 12-Feb-2016 at 06:44 PM. Reason: to add

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I can't wait, for us it is Sunday... Valentine's Day. It's the perfect romantic show to watch with your loved one. I expect major things out this episode if it follows the comic even a little bit.

Also I am really looking forward to P+P+Z. It looks brilliant.
    I saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies today, and I'm of two minds about it. That a film was attempted at all was great; although I look at Lily James as Elizabeth Bennett and keep imagining Natalie Portman in the role, but that's my own issue. One tiny spoiler: a lot of the best stuff from the trailers is at the beginning, and that rarely bodes well does it? I thought this film was ok, but it was not as full bodied a spoof of British manners and manors of state as it might have been. On that front, however, Matt Smith actually put in a wonderfully stuffy and oblivious performance as Pastor Collins; more concerned with nabbing a choice wife from among the Bennett sisters than the increasing legions of stricken roaming the perpetually gloomy countryside. Likewise Charles Dance stodgily grumbled his lines as Mr. Bennett, a patriarch less interested in suitors for his daughters than making sure they might survive the apocalypse. And the young ladies, one and all, did put forth a fair amount of pluck in this venture, although I really wished that the fight and dance sequences had been better staged, but once again that's just me.
    Still, I'm afraid that as the movie hurriedly rushed toward it's conclusion, I saw the punch line miles away. So generously I'm giving this one a 7/10.